Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Well i have two seperate interviews tomorrow , that will be fun, not !

Im hoping the snow stays where I am and the rain is where they are M4 area

Its a trip I can ill afford to miss, but common sense has to come first...I think I'll assess it first thing, and take it from there.....I have to go from cannock to stourport, from there to Exeter and back, and even though there is always the possibility than the forecast might have been over cooked, I'm not sure I want to take that risk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather
I'm feeling a bit left out here! No rain ... no snow ... nothing! :lol:

You need to move a little West Beka, we had loads last night the village up the road had over 4 inches on top of Mondays and Amesbury, Salisbury, Warminster had it bad. I drove to Amesbury this morning in some of the worst road conditions I've seen in years and the A343 Andover to Salisbury was shut for one large section after a contractor forgot to grit it last night so it's been sheet ice all day

Edited by wallopweather

Posted

its definately going a fair bit further east than i thought, looks like the heaviest bit could be about bang centre of the country with a bit of luck :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hmm ive just zoomed in to the precpitation on the South Coast, it seems to be going a bit more North West Now which is good for us but is what should happen as it rotates around that Low!

Even if it went straight North it would still hit here though but even a slight bit of NW now then we are definately in business!

Posted
well its raining here in pompey :lol: :(

looks a bit sleety but mainly rain

Yep, heavy rain here. The temp hasn't risen still 2C, but the dewpoint is now zero and the pressure is falling.

Good luck to all further north.

Posted
its definately going a fair bit further east than i thought, looks like the heaviest bit could be about bang centre of the country with a bit of luck :lol:

that would be brilliant XD

looking further east than i expected but i'm not complaining

Edited by lesta_snow

Posted

Absolutely chucking it down, here in north bristol; just swept in out of nothing. Darren bett on BBC news weather just now mentioned BTL as the main area for tonite's snow - that is v.different from earlier forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Darren Bett just said that the south west and Bristol could get 15cm! He seemed to suggest the midlands would not get as much as first thought. This was after the news at 10 :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Darren Bett just said that the south west and Bristol could get 15cm! He seemed to suggest the midlands would not get as much as first thought. This was after the news at 10 :o

:o

Posted

looking a wintry mix for most in the midlands tomorrow imo. sorry

Posted

I hope the fact the thick snow is slipping off of the car bonnet and other cars doesnt mean its getting warmer all of a sudden? oh well, tonight is the best snow i have seen in years! so im happy!

Posted

Devon, Dorset and Somerset: Heavy snow is likely to lead to temporary accumulations this evening before turning back to rain around midnight. Between 3 to 6 cm is expected in places.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

From the MetOff

What a joke!

Posted
Is it me or is the band heading towards the southeast and london area?

NNNOOOOOOOO

IT'S GOING THE WWRROOOONNGGG WWWAAAAAYYYY :D:D:D:D

I feel sick to my stomach......after watching this develop over the last 24 hrs........

Bluurgh i think i'm gonna throw up......

Nick

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Is it me or is the band heading towards the southeast and london area?

My understanding is that the band currently affecting dorset and wiltshire is the not the area that warrants concern for the midlands area...Its the occlusion heading down from scotland and the 2nd area of precip currently heading in towards the SW....Its what forms in the battlezone of these two meeting systems which will cause the problems tomorrow and the overnight period into friday.......Is this no longer the case?

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
We will defo get something, perhaps not 15cm though!

i promise every1s worrying over nothing , the radar that was posted about 40 min ago or so looked unbelievable and coming straight for the mids , he didnt sugest the mids not getting much , he just said it may be heaviest in the southwest of our region , up to 8 inc, which to be honest only fairs well for us lot up or around brum ,it dosent fizzle out there does it , we will be looking at 6inc i believe, i am very confident after seeing that radar. have the faith and it will set you free!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Didn't expect to be on here tonight but...

It's snowing in Southampton! Again!

Temp: 1.7C and falling, dew point -2.1C and rising.

Kate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Nice steady snow here, covering on the cars and the road topping all the white stuff up beautifully :D