Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
LOL! Don't worry man people are just winding up the people who live in North Birmingham. North Birmingham will do just as well as South Birmingham, the whole of the West Midlands from Worcester all the way up to Stoke could see snow all day so I would dust down the sledge if I were you.

If you get as much as 10-20cm then i'll get the train over to Birmingham and go up Lickey Hills sledging LOL. Might only be one problem if it snows that much though... No trains :(

omg andy nearly chocked on me cuppa then lol you and ski all the way here lmao :huh:

cher

x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
hey up guys, bit of a hangover for me so havn't the slightets clue whats going on, apart from heavy snow on the way (so i do know whats going on) :(

bring on tonight!! 30cm i predict for licky hills. 15 cm possible here

Hangover? You went drinking on a Tuesday night? Nutter :huh:

if Lickey Hills gets 30cm I think cher will be lifted off in an air ambulance to the nearest hospital!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hi,

Looks like there'll be dissappointment from this snow event tonight. Looking at the radar, although ppn is moderate, bands are narrow and fragmented with bulk of it heading towards sw wales and southern ireland.

jimbo

Posted
LOL! Don't worry man people are just winding up the people who live in North Birmingham. North Birmingham will do just as well as South Birmingham, the whole of the West Midlands from Worcester all the way up to Stoke could see snow all day so I would dust down the sledge if I were you.

I dont even have a sledge! I know the minute I buy one, the forecast will be rain..

Ill get one from somewhere tomorrow :huh:

My last one went into a tree somewhere in barr Beacon, snapped in half :( That was years ago!!

Posted

if Lickey Hills gets 30cm I think cher will be lifted off in an air ambulance to the nearest hospital!

not before i play in it first lmao :(

cher

x

Posted

The precipitation nearly over Normandy looks a bit further east than progged, does anyone think?

http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar...;soort=loop1uur

Posted
Hi,

Looks like there'll be dissappointment from this snow event tonight. Looking at the radar, although ppn is moderate, bands are narrow and fragmented with bulk of it heading towards sw wales and southern ireland.

jimbo

Jimbo don't be a spoilsport mate, even I don't expect much snow but I am happy for peeps in the West Midlands who WILL get decent snowfall overnight into tomorrow. I know the radar looks like that but if you look at the Net Weather radar there is a big batch of precip over France heading straight north towards England. Some people in here might read your post and think that it's game over for snow prospects but the main batch of PPN isn't supposed to be in Southampton till about midnight and the Midlands by 3-4am so it's all going to plan.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
Hi,

jimbo

omg jimbo no please dont say that i simply couldnt cope

cher

x

Stoke on trent does very well for snow, Tom P use to be from there and always reported snow so not sure why that guy is so negative, i bet the alton towers area will do great also, i drive through stoke to get there in the summer, lovely area, the alton towers area that is :huh:

Edited by Eugene

Posted
are you ready for the party folks :huh: .plz may i HAVE 10 CM

I wish this bloody snow would hurry up and get here the anticipation is killing me :(

Plus I wanna take a walk later if it's worthwhile before I get tired

Think I will go and blast out metallicas new album for now to get me in the mood for this snow

Edited by smarty81

Posted

hangover from 5am snowball fights my friend lol.

Posted
do you guys think the schools/collages will be shut tomoro, daughter wants to go sledging on a blow up sunbed

got a very good chance of them being closed , if not mine will still have the day off but shhhh didnt say that lol

Posted

andy whats your guess for my area then? im guessing 7-10cms before 9am after that i havent got a clue but a rapid thaw imo is likely

Posted
Stoke on trent does very well for snow, Tom P use to be from there and always reported snow so not sure why that guy is so negative, i bet the alton towers area will do great also, i drive through stoke to get there in the summer, lovely area, where alton towers that is ;)

Imagine being at the top of Oblivion! :huh: Snowfest up there!

I reckon Drayton Manor park will do even better, at the top of Apocolypse it would be well good :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

looks like yet another soggy cold spell for southern england and judging by the bbc website looks like 8c tomorrow and staying this way right through nextweek.

there is nothing to suggest of anymore cold snowy weather for us in the south except just a little sleet on the hills.

so i think winter is over for us but up north still chances but even here a milder trend as the days pass.

very dissapointed with snow events, wont stick in my memory like the 80s did. :)

Posted
andy whats your guess for my area then? im guessing 7-10cms before 9am after that i havent got a clue but a rapid thaw imo is likely

Well for our area I reckon (depending on precip intensity in our area) anywhere between 3-10cm before 9am like you mentioned. It all depends on how fast the main precip gets here and how long it takes to get heavy. Our window of opportunity for snow looks to be between 3-9am, so if we get some decent intensity in the PPN between that time then it could be an interesting rush hour. I also think after 9-10am any precip that is around will turn to sleet and maybe even rain sadly, but there is also a chance that in heavier PPN through the day it could be snow, it's very very close and you can't rule out snow for any part of the day really.

Posted
Stoke on trent does very well for snow, Tom P use to be from there and always reported snow so not sure why that guy is so negative, i bet the alton towers area will do great also, i drive through stoke to get there in the summer, lovely area, the alton towers area that is :)

yes ive been in stoke all my life and i can remember numerous major snowfalls... nothing like what we saw in the south-east on monday but alot of times we have had 2 or 3 inches (especially before 2004) from cheshire gap showers and fronts moving in wheras neighboring counties merely had a cm or 2. tonight seems a bit different though and i don't think the heaviest of the precipiation will get that far north, not evening here in brum but will be quite a dusting due to theeir elevation.

Posted
what about cov we surely cant miss out this time were not that far from birmingham about 15-20miles i sayy :)

What I just said to Snowtornado, same applies for Cov...

Posted

What's the story with this rain/sleet/snow ... it just seems to die away as it comes inland.

Look at the blob off the IOW at 1830 it looked pretty good, then an hour later and a few miles inland over hampshire it has virtually died away.

Will this stuff ever get to me?? let alone the Midlands!