Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I have to say that whatever happens in the early hours and tomorrow I won't be too disapointed if it's not a good event for Leicester because on Monday we got LOADS. I think we got more than Birmingham and the West Midlands on Monday, 5 inches and according to the Leicester newspaper Leicester had the 3rd highest school closures in the whole country on Tuesday, that tells you that we was one of the worst affected places.

West Midlands looks more favourable than Leicester this time but i'll be pleased for you guys if you have loads of snow and we don't have much. You deserve it :wub:

Posted
I have to say that whatever happens in the early hours and tomorrow I won't be too disapointed if it's not a good event for Leicester because on Monday we got LOADS. I think we got more than Birmingham and the West Midlands on Monday, 5 inches and according to the Leicester newspaper Leicester had the 3rd highest school closures in the whole country on Tuesday, that tells you that we was one of the worst affected places.

West Midlands looks more favourable than Leicester this time but i'll be pleased for you guys if you have loads of snow and we don't have much. You deserve it :wub:

Ye andy looked like leicester got quite a dumping, had around 8cm here still some left which will give tonights snow a help in hand.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
Quite a moderate to heavy sleet now and blowing around like a blizzard and starting to settle on the car roof! i wonder how long this will last!

Sounds good to me :-)

Promising for our area when it spreads up later in the night as well then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Ye andy looked like leicester got quite a dumping, had around 8cm here still some left which will give tonights snow a help in hand.

Tom

Yep Snow has only gone where the sun has been on it constsntly. The snow left now will be a very big help as it will be alot better than wet snow settling onto normal ground. :wub:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I think I'm too far south and as usual the Birmigham area will be the ones who get it.

Posted

Well i don't want a repeat of feb 07! Ok, by friday evening i had about 6.5 inches but the snow turned to rain and all overnight the temp was about 1C and the next day it was mild which just melted a lot of the snow!

I hope the cold wins out this time rather than the mild!

Posted
Yep Snow has only gone where the sun has been on it constsntly. The snow left now will be a very big help as it will be alot better than wet snow settling onto normal ground. :)

On the grass here where the sun hasn't got it there is still 2-3 inches on it :lol: If we got lucky and got a good few hours of moderate to heavy snowfall early in the morning then it would be awesome to see it topped up.

Posted

West Midlands looks more favourable than Leicester this time but i'll be pleased for you guys if you have loads of snow and we don't have much. You deserve it :lol:

u stopping up for this one then?

Posted
I think I'm too far south and as usual the Birmigham area will be the ones who get it.

I will admit we do well for snow but the last lot others seem to do better like andy and I know people of north of me done a lot better please dont be down if i had a big enough house or tent you could come and play in the snow :lol:

but if it was someone leles getting the snow i would be just as happy for them as you can read in previopus posts i said i was happy for the south east when they got the snow as they dont normaly get that amount

cher

x

Posted
I will admit we do well for snow but the last lot others seem to do better like andy and I know people of north of me done a lot better please dont be down if i had a big enough house or tent you could come and play in the snow :lol:

but if it was someone leles getting the snow i would be just as happy for them as you can read in previopus posts i said i was happy for the south east when they got the snow as they dont normaly get that amount

cher

x

Cher i'll warn you now so you don't have a heart attack... with your elevation I think you could well get 20cm by Friday!!!

Posted

But remember that Stratford sits alot lower than Brum.

Some places in Brum are over 700ft!

Brum's supposed to be one of the snowiest cities in Britain

Posted
Cher i'll warn you now so you don't have a heart attack... with your elevation I think you could well get 20cm by Friday!!!

THIS IS CHER'S HUSBAND CHER HAS FAINTED lol only joking wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

now im on a ramp

cher

x

Posted
THIS IS CHER'S HUSBAND CHER HAS FAINTED lol only joking wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

now im on a ramp

cher

x

Haha!!! I think you will get 10-15cm by tomorrow morning/afternoon and you could more snowfall during tomorrow night and Friday morning, if the whole lot falls snow for you and not sleet or rain you could be looking at even more than 20cm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

YOU ARE NOT TO FAR SOUTH FOR GOODNESS SAKE , LOOK AT WHAT THE PROFFESIONALS SAY , ACROSS THE WHOLE MIDLANDS COME 8AM, STOP WORRYING EVERY1 ITS GONNA BE FINE

Posted

Still worried, everyones talking about the South too much...Is this for South Birmingham? Or can I expect it in North Birmingham?

Check a map if you need to know exactly where Walsall is. :lol:

Im just a little worried about everybody talking of South Birmingham.

Posted
Not getting too excited as Stoke usually gets the dredges :lol: ... here's hoping we have an impressive fall!!!

Stoke? Don't get me started on Stoke, I reckon Stoke could see 15-20cm aswell so you are one lucky git :)

Posted
Haha!!! I think you will get 10-15cm by tomorrow morning/afternoon and you could more snowfall during tomorrow night and Friday morning, if the whole lot falls snow for you and not sleet or rain you could be looking at even more than 20cm!

OHHHHHH I dont think my nerves can hold out that long ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cher

x

Posted
Still worried, everyones talking about the South too much...Is this for South Birmingham? Or can I expect it in North Birmingham?

Check a map if you need to know exactly where Walsall is. :lol:

LOL! Don't worry man people are just winding up the people who live in North Birmingham. North Birmingham will do just as well as South Birmingham, the whole of the West Midlands from Worcester all the way up to Stoke could see snow all day so I would dust down the sledge if I were you.

OHHHHHH I dont think my nerves can hold out that long ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cher

x

If you get as much as 10-20cm then i'll get the train over to Birmingham and go up Lickey Hills sledging LOL. Might only be one problem if it snows that much though... No trains :)

Posted

Check a map if you need to know exactly where Walsall is. :huh:

lol dont worry my friend its only cause i live in the south of brum, you will see snow

i promise you

cher

x

Posted

hey up guys, bit of a hangover for me so havn't the slightets clue whats going on, apart from heavy snow on the way (so i do know whats going on) :huh:

bring on tonight!! 30cm i predict for licky hills. 15 cm possible here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

HAs anyone else got RSI from refreshing this thread every few minutes?!! I'm about 2 miles south of birmingham city centre, I'm very excited at the prospect of more snow. Mondays lot is still on the ground here (albeit a bit thawed and icey), and we got another inch last night. A BIG snow dump would round off the week nicely!!!