Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Well according to the radar, the band seems to be disintegrating already and splitting. Lets just hope it strengthens later on....

yes, i mentioned that earlier. I can only assume it is going to pep up when it hits the colder air - but i'm not sure. The rain band is also very slow moving, which could be a plus if you are somewhere with a favourable set up at the time the precip arrives (if it does).

Posted

Dont get your hopes up peeps, the snow is likely to be too wet to settle anywhere south of yorkshire or on high ground. But just as it pushes into yorkshire it should just be cold enough for heavy accumulating snow. Of which should be helped by the orographic enhancement caused by the pennines.. :whistling:

Snow fall prediction:

low ground:

central southern england 0-1cm of slush.

wales to east midlands 2-7cm of slush.

yorkshire 2-10cm of snow.

high ground:

10-20cm. high peaks of wales/derbyshire/penines highest risk. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted
Dont get your hopes up peeps, the snow is likely to be too wet to settle anywhere south of yorkshire or on high ground. But just as it pushes into yorkshire it should just be cold enough for heavy accumulating snow. Of which should be helped by the orographic enhancement caused by the pennines.. :D

Snow fall prediction:

low ground:

high ground:

10-20cm. high peaks of wales/derbyshire/penines highest risk. :)

:whistling::rolleyes::):) :blink:

Midlands area could see up to 10cm in the worst affected area (OF SNOW..NOT SLUSH....)

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Net Weathers very own local forecast e-mail has just dropped into my in-box.

Overnight: Snow -3°C

Morning: Sleet -1°C

Afternoon: Sleet 0°C

Evening: Sleet 0°C

I'll take that as rain by breakfast then.

Edited by kar999

Posted
Dont get your hopes up peeps, the snow is likely to be too wet to settle anywhere south of yorkshire or on high ground. But just as it pushes into yorkshire it should just be cold enough for heavy accumulating snow. Of which should be helped by the orographic enhancement caused by the pennines.. :whistling:

Snow fall prediction:

low ground:

high ground:

10-20cm. high peaks of wales/derbyshire/penines highest risk. :rolleyes:

the rate it's going the band of precipitation will be non existant by the time it departs Hampshire!

Posted

Metoffice Spokesperson: Its going to creep in on us [birmingham] in the night im afraid and will cause problems on the roads.

Birmingham can expect up to 15cm.

You heard it here first..unless you have BRMB on! :yahoo::D:D :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Dont get your hopes up peeps, the snow is likely to be too wet to settle anywhere south of yorkshire or on high ground. But just as it pushes into yorkshire it should just be cold enough for heavy accumulating snow. Of which should be helped by the orographic enhancement caused by the pennines.. :yahoo:

Snow fall prediction:

low ground:

high ground:

10-20cm. high peaks of wales/derbyshire/penines highest risk. :D

It may be Wet Snow but if its heavy it will easily settle!

Posted
Dont get your hopes up peeps, the snow is likely to be too wet to settle anywhere south of yorkshire or on high ground. But just as it pushes into yorkshire it should just be cold enough for heavy accumulating snow. Of which should be helped by the orographic enhancement caused by the pennines.. :yahoo:

Snow fall prediction:

low ground:

high ground:

Yeh walk on........

Posted

plus it will be snow falling onto several cms of snow thats still on the ground in many places.

Posted

Snow fall prediction:

low ground:

high ground:

To be honest, that is probably the worst post i've seen around here. Is that meant to be a wind up? Where is your evidence for the above?

Have a look at the precip charts, ground temps, 850s, wet bulbs and dews and you will clearly see that Eastern areas of Wales and the NW of the Midlands are in for some really heavy snow with 10-20cms of snow. Moreover, I surprised you are being so optimistic about Yorkshire...I will be surprised if the band remains intact till it gets to Yorkshire. I think by the time it reaches Yorkshire...it will be nothing more than a band of showers.

Regards, hgb

Posted

Yes, if the precipitation is heavy it should be all SNOW, but light to moderate and the accumulations will be badly affected on low ground.. :yahoo:

But across yorkshire, the lower temps should allow moderate snow to settle (rather than needing heavy snow) :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
plus it will be snow falling onto several cms of snow thats still on the ground in many places.

Exactly there is quite alot of snow left here and has only gone where the sun has been at it constantly!

To be honest, that is probably the worst post i've seen around here. Is that meant to be a wind up? Where is your evidence for the above?

Have a look at the precip charts, ground temps, 850s, wet bulbs and dews and you will clearly see that Eastern areas of Wales and the NW of the Midlands are in for some really heavy snow with 10-20cms of snow. Moreover, I surprised you are being so optimistic about Yorkshire...I will be surprised if the band remains intact till it gets to Yorkshire. I think by the time it reaches Yorkshire...it will be nothing more than a band of showers.

Regards, hgb

Once again, i agree loads...could be lots of factors to that post including Jealousy...Opps... :yahoo::D

Posted

Regards, hgb

Quality post!

From 1 we saw the worst post, now we see the best :yahoo:

Yeh, I wondered what he had been smoking. Hows the radar, I dont want to check, may damage my hopes! :D

Posted

Regards, hgb

yes, several centimetres of snow may well fall, but I think it will be slushy and thaw inbetween lighter outbreaks.. If im wrong after the event, then you can critisize my prediction :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

:)

Metoffice Spokesperson: Its going to creep in on us [birmingham] in the night im afraid and will cause problems on the roads.

Birmingham can expect up to 15cm.

You heard it here first..unless you have BRMB on! :crazy::) :lol: :lol:

92%for snow 2 days ago is now down to 45% and i feel it slipping away AGAIN :)

Posted
Exactly there is quite alot of snow left here and has only gone where the sun has been at it constantly!

Once again, i agree loads...could be lots of factors to that post including Jealousy...Opps... :):crazy:

lol jelouse? Im quite happy with my 3-4" in me garden thank ya very much.

I just dont want you guys getting ya hopes up for them to be cruely dashed at the last minute.. :)

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn482.png

Look at where the -5hpa line is, south yorksire northwards is just on the right side of that marker, unfortunatly areas like the midlands is on the wrong side..

All im saying is, those uppers along with not very low dewpoints arent conductive for settling snow that isnt slushy or not guna thaw in lighter outbreaks..

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted
lol jelouse? Im quite happy with my 3-4" in me garden thank ya very much.

I just dont want you guys getting ya hopes up for them to be cruely dashed at the last minute.. :)

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn482.png

Look at where the -5hpa line is, south yorksire northwards is just on the right side of that marker, unfortunatly areas like the midlands is on the wrong side..

All im saying is, those uppers along with not very low dewpoints arent conductive for settling snow that isnt slushy or not guna thaw in lighter outbreaks..

Jesus christ... Close the door behind you.. You talk rubbish, that prediction is terrible, wont happen like that. End of.

Posted

I think this one has been over egged a tad from the start with Met office etc erring on the side of caution since London's recent weather event made headline news.

We might get lucky with snow not rain, but it would take a polar bear sighting in Wigan to get as much news coverage as the recent snow in the Metropolis!

Posted
Jesus christ... Close the door behind you.. You talk rubbish, that prediction is terrible, wont happen like that. End of.

Ok then, enjoy ya 20-30cm of snow tommorow :)

We will see how right/wrong I am tommorow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

I've got a terrible feeling as the front is going northwards, we're going to be that little bit too far the east and I think it'll clip us rather than smack us in the chops. Come on front, just nudge east a bit more!

Posted
Ok then, enjoy ya 20-30cm of snow tommorow :)

We will see how right/wrong I am tommorow

Im not expecting 20-30cm.

Im expecting 5-10cm, im fairly confident about it too unlike usual, but ofcourse its going to be 5-10cm of slush according to you.. :rolleyes:

Posted

BBC 17:30 Forecast was much better for us in terms of how long the snow lasts. It now cam in around 1am for us and we were only in the middle of it by 8am when before it showed it almost leaving by then!

:rolleyes::)