Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
2.7mm of rain here overnight - although it did brefly start off as wet snow ......

Latest MetO output suggests snow may extend right up into Cheshire and Derbyshire tomorrow - so all the Midlands ought to be in for something. Perhaps turning to rain in the south of the Midlands in the afternoon though ......

when you say south do you mean me im south birmingham :)

Edited by toonarmy32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Morning all, woke up to a dusting of overnight snow, bit of a surprise as when I went to bed I didnt think those showers down south would have the 'oomph' to make it up here

Posted
Morning all, woke up to a dusting of overnight snow, bit of a surprise as when I went to bed I didnt think those showers down south would have the 'oomph' to make it up here

morning aj so what are your thoughts for tomorrow/friday :)

cher

x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Wow, tomorrow could be immense. What's the chances of it being worse than Monday's event was anywhere? I will look forward to going up the 330m Cleeve Hill in some very deep snow even if it is too marginal down here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
morning aj so what are your thoughts for tomorrow/friday :)

cher

x

Hang on, I've just woke up!....someone put the kettle on.....where's me nicotene?.....lol

Posted

Schools & Colleges still shut around my area of the West Midlands for a further day? Can sort of see how because to walk out their is very dangerous, I should know as I slipped about 500 times on my way to the Walsall match! But on the other hand...main roads are clear :D

These bloody kids get it easy :)

I can understand primary schools..but colleges?!

Nevermind, is the band ment to reach us tonight because on the weather as the weatherman mentioned thursday night the band would reach us from the south..it showed it as Wednesday 12pm? (Today!) Maybe thats why their closed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
when you say south do you mean me im south birmingham :D

hi all, if theyy say south midlands, it means south of evashum i would think :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Could this be a 1978 repeat? Reading the snow forecasting thread at the moment!!

"Another situation is when you have high thicknesses and higher 850mb temps, but a cold undercut (continental typically), here wet bulb will be several degrees below zero, so snow is more likely than rain as the cold air at the boundary layer undercuts the warm air aloft. (this was responsible for the blizzrds in the westcountry in feb 1978, thicknesses here were well above 528 and 850mb temps in the SW nearer to 0 to +1C."

Posted
Could this be a 1978 repeat? Reading the snow forecasting thread at the moment!!

"Another situation is when you have high thicknesses and higher 850mb temps, but a cold undercut (continental typically), here wet bulb will be several degrees below zero, so snow is more likely than rain as the cold air at the boundary layer undercuts the warm air aloft. (this was responsible for the blizzrds in the westcountry in feb 1978, thicknesses here were well above 528 and 850mb temps in the SW nearer to 0 to +1C."

I think the cotswolds will be the place to be. Snow for the whole period and when the low stalls and turns to go s/e this is where i think it will happen.

Posted
:):D the kettles on 1 or 2 sugars and here's a ciggie lol now talk :lol: :)

The potential is still there....the 00z run has shoved everything north by the looks of things...Very marginal for snowfall in the south or east of our region....Some of the model output posters are going for a potential of significant snow to the west of brum, west staffs, shropshire, wales & north worcestershire being the hotspots.....still time for this to change though, the 06z Gfs run should be out in about an hour

Posted
The potential is still there....the 00z run has shoved everything north by the looks of things...Very marginal for snowfall in the south or east of our region....Some of the model output posters are going for a potential of significant snow to the west of brum, west staffs, shropshire, wales & north worcestershire being the hotspots.....still time for this to change though, the 06z Gfs run should be out in about an hour

How about North Birmingham, walsall area? :)

Posted
How about North Birmingham, walsall area? :)

I think the snowline will be about 8.46 miles nw of your location, in other words, my back garden :D :lol:

Posted

Woke up this morning to more snow ^_^ Not enough to keep me away from work, but a good inch or so. And the other day's hasn't melted yet so we have a nice covering in the garden.

Posted
I think the snowline will be about 8.46 miles nw of your location, in other words, my back garden :D:)

Anyhoos, must get ready for work now...I've had a couple of days being a bit of a potato couch, time to go out and earn some serious moolah before I get snowed in tomorrow and friday :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another dusting this morning here. We are simply going to get pasted tomorrow!

Posted
Woke up this morning to more snow ^_^ Not enough to keep me away from work, but a good inch or so. And the other day's hasn't melted yet so we have a nice covering in the garden.

You may well wake up to more in the morning. Same applies to malvern as the cotswolds.

Posted

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh now im getting excited :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

had a bit of snow last night, still got snow from monday, but temp 0.9C may not last long, tomorrow looking exciting although a long way off yet and it could stay south

loooong way off yet but saturday looking good for cheshire gap snow showers

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

Wow just woke up to find there has been a 2cm fall of snow overnight!!! Topped up yesterday's melt and alittle more besides!!!

Posted
Wow, tomorrow could be immense. What's the chances of it being worse than Monday's event was anywhere? I will look forward to going up the 330m Cleeve Hill in some very deep snow even if it is too marginal down here!

so no downgrade for tonight as of yet, I know it could make monday look pale in comparison, I'm hoping for some significant accumilations, I know the higher parts in the cotswolds is gonna get some serious amounts. :)

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess but cleeve hill and the malverns could get over a foot of level snow with drifting in places Yes I'll be up that hill tomorrow as long as the routes are not impassable. :)

I had 3 heavy snow showers last night the 1st not lasting long,the 2nd leaving a thin covering and the heaviest, and the 3rd more wet in nature, get any yourself.

Posted
so no downgrade for tonight as of yet, I know it could make monday look pale in comparison, I'm hoping for some significant accumilations, I know the higher parts in the cotswolds is gonna get some serious amounts. :(

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess but cleeve hill and the malverns could get over a foot of level snow with drifting in places Yes I'll be up that hill tomorrow as long as the routes are not impassable. :)

I had 3 heavy snow showers last night the 1st not lasting long,the 2nd leaving a thin covering and the heaviest, and the 3rd more wet in nature, get any yourself.

So it IS tonight the fun starts?! :):)

EDIT: 8:30 Radar shows the band in the south going way too West and the band to the north weakening..

Edited by WestMidlandsWeather

Posted
hi all, if theyy say south midlands, it means south of evashum i would think :)

South of a point a mile north of Evesham :)