Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

That chart is useless for here :wacko:

Typical that it will probably go south meaning pretty much no snow here.

Posted

Hmmm from the looks of those charts all im getting is rain, maybe lucky but hey it changes so don't take them charts as what WILL happen, cos quite frankly it probably won't

EDIT: Then again, what do i know LOL :wacko:

Edited by JamieUK

Posted

I'd be very alert for West Midlands, I see the possiblity for a huge dumping of snowfall akin to what the SE has seen between Sunday-Monday...the exacts depends on the exactly where the low decides to place itself but I see at least enough of a risk to put it out there right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

A mixture of snow sleet rain gently falling from shower just to the west of NN3 which has travelled up from Southampton, heavier looking shower following just to the east of Oxford. Temp is currently 2.3c and dewpoint is 0.6c.

Posted

Its been seriously odd here in Basingstoke (North Hampshire). All days its been snow shower, thaw, snow shower, thaw, pretty much every hour.

So glad I didn't go to work today, I'd hate to think what the roads will be like come 5:30/6:00.

Its now a complete white out, the 6th or 7th today!

I haven't seen weather like this since the late '80's early '90's, its remarkable and wonderful. I've filled 4 1GB memory cards with pictures.

Here's hoping this weekends "event" brings some more!

Posted
I'd be very alert for West Midlands, I see the possiblity for a huge dumping of snowfall akin to what the SE has seen between Sunday-Monday...the exacts depends on the exactly where the low decides to place itself but I see at least enough of a risk to put it out there right now.

woohooooooooooo does that mean then Kold you are certian this will happen

fingers toes and eyes crossed

cher

x

andy I stuck hubby out there he is the snowman :ph34r: :bomb: :lol: :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yum Yum Yum! I wont get too excited yet as i know changes are still possible but currently it does look absloutley super dooper! :whistling:

Posted

Looks like rain for the south. What are the odds of the cold air pushing further south wednesday night and bringing us a pleasant white surprise ?

Posted

Its been seriously odd here in Basingstoke (North Hampshire). All days its been snow shower, thaw, snow shower, thaw, pretty much every hour.

So glad I didn't go to work today, I'd hate to think what the roads will be like come 5:30/6:00.

Its now a complete white out, the 6th or 7th today!

I haven't seen weather like this since the late '80's early '90's, its remarkable and wonderful. I've filled 4 1GB memory cards with pictures.

Here's hoping this weekends "event" brings some more!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
That chart is useless for here :)

Typical that it will probably go south meaning pretty much no snow here.

couldnt help but notice that comment , its not useles for you , your only just north of brum , your in it im sure of it :ph34r:

Posted

I'll be leaving work soon (top of the hill off the A30 in Basingstoke, near Mott Motorcycles), so I'll be able to tell you soon! Beggarwood Lane was treacherous this morning - a bit of a sideways skid around the chicane - but otherwise my journey from Reading was uneventful. Here up the hill there has only been a hint of a thaw, so nearly another inch of snow has been dumped on us by today's showers.

Posted

Heavy big chunky snow here, settled in less than a couple of mins, all the snow that melted today has just been put right back like a spray can all over the place! huge flakes! and hardly a breath of wind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

There is a snow shower around the Glocuestershire area coming directly this way. Although some intensity has been lost its actually held really well so hopefully a shower here later. :doh:

Posted
There is a snow shower around the Glocuestershire area coming directly this way. Although some intensity has been lost its actually held really well so hopefully a shower here later. :D

...rain... :doh:

7&Y

Posted
...rain... :doh:

7&Y

:D ...reports of Snow in cheltenham. Hopefully it will be cold enough here. :D

Not optimistic about the Thurs/Fri at Watford - according to fax charts, we do not go below the 528 line until about midday on Friday. It looks like rain, to sleet and finally snow at the tail end of that occluded front with the wind turning into the north.

Looks like that low floating down the North Sea with some associated troughs could drop a little bit of snow during the rest of the weekend though.

Posted

Looking good for Oxford tomorrow night. Our best chances for decent snow come's from cold air meeting warm air scenario, I shall believe it when I see it though. Fingers crossed

Posted

does anyone know how the models are shaping up I have the netweather subscription but i havent a clue how to read them :D

so I am hoping someone could tell me how things are looking at the moment

cher

x

Posted

The only problem that I can see is that it slides too far east. Living in Herefordshire that is my only concern at this mo. Someone pls reassure me !!