Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted

The GFS was right the other night when it was saying rain for my area, unfortunately ive got

a bad feeling it will be right again for tomorrow morning :rofl:

Posted
The GFS was right the other night when it was saying rain for my area, unfortunately ive got

a bad feeling it will be right again for tomorrow morning :)

Yes it doesn't look good, more so for me than you! Maybe only one advantage this time the air may start out colder from tonights lower temps, last time that easterly kept my air temps 2-3C above freezing constantly. Wishful thinking but maybe a dusting here saturday morning as a northerly is introduced, probably my only hope of lying snow in the near future.

Posted

Bbc and meto going well against gfs. I keep looking at gfs and thinking game over but the metoffice seem convinced my area will be worse effected. It was the first forecast to be updated on there website and the east midlands is the only headline that says sigficant snow. ! The metoffice are much better at localized events than gfs so i'm going with them.

The other big difference between the meto and gfs is they think ppn will die out during friday where gfs still has heavy ppn over us on saturday.

BBC Radio Leicester are ramping this between every single song.

Anyway for now Let it snow let it snow let it snow

p.s. School Closeures for tomorrow are already being anounced before the event has started . That is unusual for our area.

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted
Yes it doesn't look good, more so for me than you! Maybe only one advantage this time the air may start out colder from tonights lower temps, last time that easterly kept my air temps 2-3C above freezing constantly. Wishful thinking but maybe a dusting here saturday morning as a northerly is introduced, probably my only hope of lying snow in the near future.

Im pretty sure it will be rain for us as well, too close to the coast im afraid.

Les

Posted

The met office updated forecast looks excellent for here and disagrees with the GFS. Latest BBC forecast shows it a wintry mix of snow and sleet. Its now a now-casting situation. I shall expect the worst and hope for the best

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pres...pr20090204.html

I have just read this on the MetO website about the snow event for tonight into tomorrow and I am honestly thinking ''WTF''.

Why would snow in the southern belt of the country and a wintry mix to the north of it? and especially rain in the north west where it remains sub -5 850's?

I honestly do not get this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Iv just looked at the recrded forecast on bbc 24b and it showed snow pushing right thro engand.Put the news 24 live forcast on and it showed it getting to the north midlands.Strange change. :)

Posted

Hello everyone, anyone puzzled about the mettofice's predictions/forecast for tomorrows "non-event"? It's an event alright, dont worry about it..

Its not all about the 850 temps at the moment, the isotherm is fine, and you also have to remember with negative dews and even -2 to -3 850's it can still snow thanks to the such dry continental flow/feed. The reason why most of us in yorkshire/lincs had the problem the other night was because of the warm sector and the longer track coming off the sea. This time 850's are in our favour, and the dews will be fine. Remember temps will be around -1 to -4c in most places come tomorrow morning. And dew points cannot be higher than the true temp...

-6 to -7 850's tomorrow morning, dews 0 to -1 up until around 11am-12pm. 0C isotherm ok, surface temps more than brilliant. Precipitation.. On it's way :rolleyes:

Game on....

Posted

Anyone see the forecast on BBC News channel a second ago?

Incredibly borderline for Northants, about as borderline as it gets. On the 8am shot Northants was on the VERY edge of where the snow was turning to rain. :yahoo:

Posted

looking great here for another load of snow. 12 to 15cms here from Sunday/monday and more to come. Only downside is i have an appointment at 10.15am in Chesterfield to see the consultant re hand injury, waited 8 weeks for the appointment. and will have to travel on the A632 Matlock to Chesterfield, heights can range from 160m to over 300m at heighest so might get to chesterfield but maybe not got back until Sunday. HA, HA, HA, anyway here's hoping for another dumping of snow. Might go out for pub grub tonight let the radar develop the ppn, see how it pans out.

Posted
Hello everyone, anyone puzzled about the mettofice's predictions/forecast for tomorrows "non-event"? It's an event alright, dont worry about it..

Its not all about the 850 temps at the moment, the isotherm is fine, and you also have to remember with negative dews and even -2 to -3 850's it can still snow thanks to the such dry continental flow/feed. The reason why most of us in yorkshire/lincs had the problem the other night was because of the warm sector and the longer track coming off the sea. This time 850's are in our favour, and the dews will be fine. Remember temps will be around -1 to -4c in most places come tomorrow morning. And dew points cannot be higher than the true temp...

-6 to -7 850's tomorrow morning, dews 0 to -1 up until around 11am-12pm. 0C isotherm ok, surface temps more than brilliant. Precipitation.. On it's way :cold:

Game on....

YEP and ive just calculated the ppn, according to 12z charts, from 7am to 1pm 12mm could fall across south yorkshire, 1pm till 6pm shows heavy stuff with another 20mm, SO THIS COULD MEAN 5-10cm widely with 20-30cm in places but mainly on high ground, so even low ground from 50m+ could see 15cm!!!!!!!!! CAN NOT BELIEVE IT but lets see what paul hundson says!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Posted
YEP and ive just calculated the ppn, according to 12z charts, from 7am to 1pm 12mm could fall across south yorkshire, 1pm till 6pm shows heavy stuff with another 20mm, SO THIS COULD MEAN 5-10cm widely with 20-30cm in places but mainly on high ground, so even low ground from 50m+ could see 15cm!!!!!!!!! CAN NOT BELIEVE IT but lets see what paul hundson says!!!!!! :D:)

Probably 2-5cm on a wider scale, with the odd place getting 8-10cm, i cannot see 15cm or 20-30 anywhere

Posted
Probably 2-5cm on a wider scale, with the odd place getting 8-10cm, i cannot see 15cm or 20-30 anywhere

same here mate, i was just going from what the ppn charts say on the ukmo12z !!!

Posted

I think the main feature for most will not be the intensity (although I do expect localised HIGHLY significant falls for some parts of Wales/West Mids) but rather the TIMING. This front is going to really get going just in time for the rush hour. Now that's going to cause a lot of disruption.

Posted
How did it look for lincs away from the coast?
Sleet and snow.Snow mostly over high ground.Wintry showers fri. :D

Posted
How did it look for lincs away from the coast?

Look north showed nothing but rain from i would say just west of sprunehorpe - east to east coast and then south to lincs.

Edited by Hurricane Andrew

Posted
Look north showed nothing but rain from i would say just west of sprunehorpe - east to east coast and then south to lincs.

Eh...Look north forecast starts at around 6:53pm??

Posted
Eh...Look north forecast starts at around 6:53pm??
Paul hudson was on earlier and did say some light snow with rain on the coasts.2-5 cms.