Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted

is the heavy stuff going to hit my area somtime? looks like its all east!?!?!

oh wait, its moving slightly west the heavier stuff :):):)

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons
:D Just been out and measured the snow ............. 6 inches :rofl: and it is still falling

Wow, good to hear what it's doing 'back home' :)

No ppn at all here so far.. perhaps within the hour (?)

Enjoy it ya lucky wee devils !

BL :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms
Hi Gumbo - where are you ? We are in High Bradfield and have had about the same as you. Temp here is -3 up from -5 some time in the night. Radar doesn't show any heavy snow heading our way but a decent covering is likely f we get several hours of the light stuff.

Hi Galba,

I'm over at Penistone, not too far away :rofl:

Think you will be a bit higher than us though.

I'm on one of the main roads out and it's covering them already, with cars going about 10-20 mph. The gritter has just gone by, about 10 mins ago. I thought that would sort it out, but just looked now and I don't think he was gritting as the road is still covered!

My partner works at Rotherham. She's just rung to tell me it's the same with the fine grains, but it's not settling and they don't have much lying snow from the other days events!

Need to keep an eye on it, they shut all access roads to us on monday night at 5pm!! The police where turning cars away, even if you lived here.

If it gets heavier, I'll need to recall her!

Posted
is the heavy stuff going to hit my area somtime? looks like its all east!?!?!

oh wait, its moving slightly west the heavier stuff :rofl::D:)

Unfortunately the band will begin to lose intensity shortly... you might see a spell of heavier snow in the next hour or two, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Snowing steadily here with the added bonus of fog. Haven't been out yet to take the readings but it looks as if about 6cm of fresh snow has fallen.

Posted
Unfortunately the band will begin to lose intensity shortly... you might see a spell of heavier snow in the next hour or two, though.

hopefully there will be a suprise :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

It started here at about 6:30 this morning, since then we have had at least a couple of cm. It just started to get a lot thicker as it falls as well

Posted

A bit disappointing here because the snow hasn't really got going.

most of it light/moderate and not amounting to much.

Posted
It started here at about 6:30 this morning, since then we have had at least a couple of cm. It just started to get a lot thicker as it falls as well

the intensity is tracking westwards now, weve got 1cm on ground, should start to get heavier soon

also its pivoting over my location so could see a good 2-3hours of heavy snow if it keeps going!

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted
I think there is around 2-3 inches in Nottingham. Although it's still coming down. :yahoo:

i cant believe bbc forecast, showed it moving westwards with the intensity and stays here all day!!!!!

Posted

Ok last pics I promise but these show the depth and mayhem currently in Peterborough. The very last picture is the dual carriageway of the A47!!

post-1766-1233821843_thumb.jpg

post-1766-1233821877_thumb.jpg

post-1766-1233821941_thumb.jpg

post-1766-1233821965_thumb.jpg

Heaviest snowfall since Jan 1987.

Posted

Still snowing in P'boro TEITS?

NW Radar on precipitype shows its turning to rain/sleet to my direct south and east, but I have never trusted it since they implemented the feature.

Posted
the intensity is tracking westwards now, weve got 1cm on ground, should start to get heavier soon

also its pivoting over my location so could see a good 2-3hours of heavy snow if it keeps going!

Hope you get the heaiver stuff my friend ! Its only moderate here but settles so easily as the temperature is still -2 ! It started to get heavier about 45 minutes ago and there is now about 2cm on top of what we had before.

I then took the decision to not go to sixth form as the roads in Sheffield will be appauling as there have been little, if any, gritters around and any snow just sticks to the ground.

PS. Good to see you got the snow you deserved in the end TEITS ! ! ! :yahoo:

Edited by Andy_Calafell_Sheffield

Posted
Hope you get the heaiver stuff my friend ! Its only moderate here but settles so easily as the temperature is still -2 ! It started to get heavier about 45 minutes ago and there is now about 2cm on top of what we had before.

I then took the decision to not go to sixth form as the roads in Sheffield will be appauling as there have been little, if any, gritters around and any snow just sticks to the ground.

Good to see you got the snow you deserved in the end TEITS ! :yahoo:

the heavier stuff might not be the factor today because its going to last all day here acording to latest forcast, so could be the length of time!!!! its pivoting more and more by the looks too me, also getting slightly heavier now, still light to moderate at the moment

Posted

PS. Good to see you got the snow you deserved in the end TEITS ! ! ! :D

Steady sleet here :o no suprise really, it was snowing before I came to work and was starting to settle on cars. At work now which is near the docks, looks like rain - hope it changes but doubt it!

Posted
Ok last pics I promise but these show the depth and mayhem currently in Peterborough. The very last picture is the dual carriageway of the A47!!

That's a great picture of the A47. I can't believe how many people are struggling to work through some really awful conditions.

Speaking of which, here in Oundle we have about 7 inches of lying snow. It was just about waiting up until 3.30 AM for it to arrive...

Posted

4 inches of fresh snow here in North Nottingham city- still falling and on top of quite a good base on grass and shady surfaces!

I am ready to say this is the best spell of winter weathr since I have been in Nottingham (1998) and prob the best snow week I have experienced since 1991 although it does not beat that (I was in Gloucester then!)

Chaos on the roads/ schools/ everything seems much worse today than on Monday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Nice snow!!

Looks a similar depth to what I had in West London on Monday.

Hopefully I may get a little bit more tonight :o