Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Still snowing strong here in Notts, with no sign of it letting up despite the radar showing it clearing northwards. I hope it stalls right over my house!!! lol!! :D

Posted
Still snowing strong here in Notts, with no sign of it letting up despite the radar showing it clearing northwards. I hope it stalls right over my house!!! lol!! :D

its stalling over the middle of yorkshire, so we could see alot, got about 4cm with 5cm in places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so could be catching up with your amount hehe

Posted

Still snowing here and my mother who lives in Wansford which is just W of Peterborough has recorded 9 inches!

Even im at the stage now where I want it to stop because even if today is the last of the snow I could see many remaining indoors throughout the next few days. After listening to my local radio much of Peterborough has ground to a halt.

Also been thinking that all other future snow events are going to seem tame in comparison!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

I have just ventured out to the Local shops, I estimate looking at the fresh stuff we have had about 2 inch since 6:30 A.M It's not showing any signs of letting up either. The roads round here were in a bad way before, now they are really bad, I think we will be cut off from the rest of Sheffield for a while if it continues to snow like this

Posted

Still snowing here but nothing heavy at the moment. Ive posted the wrong pic lol

Edited by TOMB RAIDER LEGEND

Posted
Still snowing here and my mother who lives in Wansford which is just W of Peterborough has recorded 9 inches!

Even im at the stage now where I want it to stop because even if today is the last of the snow I could see many remaining indoors throughout the next few days. After listening to my local radio much of Peterborough has ground to a halt.

Also been thinking that all other future snow events are going to seem tame in comparison!

The A45 in northampton has been shut between earls barton and the M1 junction 15.

looks like our region and your area has took a server pasting.

Posted

Just measured on the car and other spots - 6"/15cm - not the 7" I guessed at earlier. Still, more than forecast and pretty impressive. Next question is how long it will lie around and is there any more on the way? I can see a moderate lump of PPN (radar shows as rain at the mo) in a line between Oxford and Watford and seemingly moving up the A1. Will it get here and what will it drop, I wonder?

Posted
Looks like more snow on the way for our region tomorrow :D

http://gfs.netweather.tv/gfs.20090205/06/3...ctypeuktopo.png

Incredible cold and snowy spell!

Confusing isn't it because the BBC are having none of it.

Having said that last night I said the BBC had made a right mess of the forecast and thankfully for our locations it was proved correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
Looks like more snow on the way for our region tomorrow :D

http://gfs.netweather.tv/gfs.20090205/06/3...ctypeuktopo.png

Incredible cold and snowy spell!

Hey- I'm liking that map!!!!! :D

Posted

On gfs06z run the snow band tonight looks slightly further north west, possibly affecting most of the midlands and up in to lincolnshire and norfolk, and heavy at times again too

Posted
Does anyone know how March, Cambs in looking at the moment? I usually work there but I'm stuck in King's Lynn with has a good 3-4 inch covering now.

Just heard from my Mother-in-Law who lives in the Fens not far from March. She has had about 6 inches too, so I imagine March is the same.

Posted
I have just ventured out to the Local shops, I estimate looking at the fresh stuff we have had about 2 inch since 6:30 A.M It's not showing any signs of letting up either. The roads round here were in a bad way before, now they are really bad, I think we will be cut off from the rest of Sheffield for a while if it continues to snow like this

About the same here in High Bradfield. The wind has picked quite a bit and there will be some good drifts on the lanes around here. When this band stalls and starts heading south we should get a good second helping :)

Posted
Confusing isn't it because the BBC are having none of it.

Having said that last night I said the BBC had made a right mess of the forecast and thankfully for our locations it was proved correct.

weve got 5cm here already and they only said 2-5cm! its because they messed up mondays forecast so they down played this. Looking on radar, its pepping up more underneath my location!!! could be a good one this :) , good to see that you got alot of snow tetis :)

Posted
Does anyone know how March, Cambs in looking at the moment? I usually work there but I'm stuck in King's Lynn with has a good 3-4 inch covering now.

At a guess I would say around 3-4 inches.

The snow that developed over Peterborough into Northants was a fairly narrow band that intensified and then remained fairly stationary during the early hrs. I think March was just to the SE of this line. I could be wrong though.

Glad I kept that radar frame in the early hrs when it started intensifying and shall keep that on my HDD.

Posted
It's slowing down a little now.

more coming your way mate, alot more, its pivoting just before it gets to southyorkshire, they recon it will turn to wetsnow later here but i cant it see it happening. weve got a good 5cm, nearly level abrove the kerb now, really suprising this!!!!

Posted
more coming your way mate, alot more, its pivoting just before it gets to southyorkshire, they recon it will turn to wetsnow later here but i cant it see it happening. weve got a good 5cm, nearly level abrove the kerb now, really suprising this!!!!

Yeah i wasn't really expecting a covering today after some forecasts suggested sleet here.

stunning scenes this morning :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Oh, so it does GobbyAsh :o

Hope it reaches me that bit nearer the coast this time !

Looks just short on the BBC Beta maps.

Still just nasty cold rain here this morning.

All my family back in Northants are snowed in !

BL :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Got my christmas cards sorted already! :o

post-94-1233829565_thumb.jpg

(round the corner from my street)