Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted

Absolutely hammering it down here now - big snowflakes, lots of 'em.

Settling over the top of the wet slush and according to the radar this could go on for a while.

I'm enjoying it whilst I'm working from home, but I really need to travel next week so I could do with a respite Mon/Tues.

post-9492-1233915732_thumb.jpg

Posted

Does anybody think the showers over scotland at the moment, seem to be pushing further south? it looks like a more organised band is pushing down from the north. Wonering if this is going to get into the northern half of the country

Posted

I don't believe it... the band remained 5-10 miles to my south... it has no curved around me and is moving northwards 5-10 miles to my EAST. :D

Posted

im more facinated how theres heavy snow forecast for us on sunday!!!!!! this would mean 7days OF FULL SNOW COVER, not patchy snow cover!!!

Posted
im more facinated how theres heavy snow forecast for us on sunday!!!!!! this would mean 7days OF FULL SNOW COVER, not patchy snow cover!!!

Yeah sunday is looking interesting and hopefully things will get upgraded more and more.

There is still quite a bit of lying snow here where the sun hasn't got to it.

Posted
Yeah sunday is looking interesting and hopefully things will get upgraded more and more.

There is still quite a bit of lying snow here where the sun hasn't got to it.

Made the biggest snow man! 6ft 8 tall. Wide as!

Hes called arnold the irishman time traveler.

n508736591_1452641_8831.jpg

n508736591_1452644_9544.jpg

n508736591_1452646_6.jpg

he might last for the month if the cold keeps going! haha :D:D

Posted
OMG HEAVY SNOW ON SUNDAY??????? with us having worst!!!!

prectypeuktopo.png

ukpaneltemp.png

THIS MEANS SNOW COVER FOR A WHOLE WEEK if this happens :)

Unlikely. It looks fairly light, if you check the chart. It would need to go on for a long time to get a decent depth I would think. You need the darkd reds at 12/16 not the light reds at 1/2

Edited by At least it will be mild

Posted
Unlikely. It looks fairly light, if you check the chart. It would need to go on for a long time to get a decent depth I would think. You need the darkd reds at 12/16 not the light reds at 1/2

local news said they are going for 5cm so could be more with what happend yesturday when they said only 2-5cm when we had nearly 7cm. :shok:

Posted

Still hardly any melt here, still deep on the grass and paths in the shade, in the sun were people have trampled its patches of slush and snow, some of minor roads still slushy so another ice problem, if i make it to Sunday then i will have a full week of lying snow :doh:

Posted
good isnt it mate hehe, more on sunday will make it more than a week!!!!!!!!!!

How much you got left? I still got 8cm on the grass with a bit less on the paths, up the road is clowne (which is higher ASL) there's about 10cm on the school field with more in some in some places were its drifted, i expect a thaw on the paths over the next few days however the grass which escapes the sun should be left intact, Sunday night looking interesting. Not alot of snow expected however perhaps a few cm's to about 5cm like the meto say

Edit: Just reading what i put surprised me, if this had been a few weeks ago i would have sounded really excited and a few cm's would have been a lot, however with the heavy snow all week 5cm to about few cms seem like a dusting :rolleyes:

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Hi,

This is my first post - this enjoyable cold spell has bought me out of the woodwork!

What a week, we woke up to 2-3cm's on Monday, I always felt we were in a gap in the radar. Then a morning of snow showers followed by a good 6 - 7 inches of snow.

Again yesterday we have a fresh 2.5inches.

Max snow depth so far has been 7 inches.

We still have 5-6inches on the grass and about 4-5 on the pavements.

Already a week of snow and probably much more!

Sunday looks interesting but just seen the 7.57 forecast on BBC News(24) and Darren Brett said, the front from the west would be 'weak' and should lead to some 'light snow'. I'm expecting a cm or 2. For us in Sheffield we always do poorly from snow coming in from the west, but we do better with snow from the South West - the positive thing is that the orientation does look SW.

I did drive to Sprunehorpe on Wednesday, was surprised to see how quickly the snow diminished as I drove out of Sheffield. Doncaster seemed to be the boundry of the snow. I know this changed with Thursday mornings event.

Sheffield's done well so far - beats our last heavy snowfall here in Feb/March 2005. That snowfall was relevant to high ground - the centre of Sheffield only having a cm or 2, this time we have all done well.

Today's output has been a rollercoaster - a great one.

Edited by farmans

Posted

Evening all Metoffice has issued this for Sunday, the first of many to come i hope for saturday, what i cant understand is why south yorkshire is not on that list too as is an ajoining county.

Weather Advisory

Heavy Snow Sunday 8th Febuary

Derbyshire

Leicestershire

Lincolnshire

Northamptonshire

Nottinghamshire

Rutland

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of central and northern England, and northeast Wales on Sunday. There is a potential for around 5cm in places as a band of snow moves eastwards.

Issued at: 1127 Fri 6 Feb

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted

Hi LO,

Just been on the website to check on S.Yorks, it does appear to be there...

HI Just been on the website to check on S.Yorks, it does appear to be there...

Yorkshire & Humber: E Riding of Yorkshire

Kingston upon Hull

N Lincolnshire

N Yorkshire

NE Lincolnshire

S Yorkshire

W Yorkshire

York

Heavy Snow Sun 8 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of central and northern England, and northeast Wales on Sunday. There is a potential for around 5cm in places as a band of snow moves eastwards.

Issued at: 1127 Fri 6 Feb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So here in Grimsby we got a feeble amount on Monday and really don't understand why it keeps turning into wet snow and sleet :/ What's the chance for the coastal towns over the new few days and weeks? Been very very disappointing so far and its annoying seeing the rest of the country enjoying the snowfall!

Edited by rikki

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze
I took these pics around 5 minutes ago.

Still have thick snow in Mkt Harborough. Has thawed but has a nice boost yesterday morning to top things up. Estimate about 7-8" in the back garden. What chances for more tomorrow?

Posted
Still have thick snow in Mkt Harborough. Has thawed but has a nice boost yesterday morning to top things up. Estimate about 7-8" in the back garden. What chances for more tomorrow?

I'm in kingsthorpe N,pton .

Think tomorrow will be borderline for us. got about 9 inches in the back garden.

If we get another heavy snowfall tomorrow it will be amazing for our area,4 heavy snow storms in a week. :o

I see husband bosworth made the BBC news yesterday :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Nice to see a post from my home town. I remember Harboro' being cut off in snowstorms during the 60's and 70's and a memorable night and early morning sledging on the Gt Bowden hills after far to much Ben Trueman beer at the Six Packs and of course I will never forget being part of a group pulling drivers out of their car's during a raging blizzard on the A6 towards Leicester in 78/79.

Should be great sledging on the hills at East Farndon, Lubenham and Sibbertoft and with very nice pubs nearby

Enjoy

Posted

Just started snowing here, hopefully more showers to come.

Good luck to you guys in Hull and Grimsby!!!!

Posted

What do people think about the chances for tomorrow- late afternoon evening onwards? The BBC to me are playing a bit cagey- I am unsure-- I feel we will get some snow but ti might be of the wet variety and struggle to lay unless it is heavy enough!

Posted
Just started snowing here, hopefully more showers to come.

Good luck to you guys in Hull and Grimsby!!!!

hi woldsowl

yes it looks quite promising for this area for this afternoon too, and maybe sunday's conditions will provide a taste of what the west has been getting.

fingers crossed :D

What do people think about the chances for tomorrow- late afternoon evening onwards? The BBC to me are playing a bit cagey- I am unsure-- I feel we will get some snow but ti might be of the wet variety and struggle to lay unless it is heavy enough!

hi kev238

at this moment it looks like the SE is going to get away with sleet and rain, and places further north are forecast to get rather more snow this time.

am keeping an eye on this one! :)