Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted
Ok last pics I promise but these show the depth and mayhem currently in Peterborough. The very last picture is the dual carriageway of the A47!!

post-1766-1233821843_thumb.jpg

post-1766-1233821877_thumb.jpg

post-1766-1233821941_thumb.jpg

post-1766-1233821965_thumb.jpg

Heaviest snowfall since Jan 1987.

Just thought i'd pop in to your thread TEITS. We have 4 to 5 inches of snow here in north BTL. Best snowfall since Feb 95 IMO. NOt an 87, 84, 81 or 78/79 event, but pretty good for the 'even larger teapot' - oops shouldn't have written that 'modern' comment :o

And it's just started chucking it down again. Real surprise, after yesterday's projected track, but our local forecasters got it spot on!

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Morning midland’s, good to see many have another dumping of snow this morning. There has been a moderate fall here, around 3 or 4 cm. Here are a couple of pics.

Not sure about this continuing though, latest radar image looks as though it’s clearing, but this is a developing situation as the front slows down and stalls.

post-1046-1233823109_thumb.jpg

post-1046-1233823129_thumb.jpg

Paul

Posted
That's a great picture of the A47. I can't believe how many people are struggling to work through some really awful conditions.

Speaking of which, here in Oundle we have about 7 inches of lying snow. It was just about waiting up until 3.30 AM for it to arrive...

Just heard on the news that the A605 between Peterborough and Oundle is completely blocked westbound. Just thought I would mention this if you were planning on travelling.

Posted
Just heard on the news that the A605 between Peterborough and Oundle is completely blocked westbound. Just thought I would mention this if you were planning on travelling.

The furthest i'm going is to the paper shop to buy some fags. A good six inches here, on top of a unmelted inch or so of ice! Now to ring in work to tell them I ain't going. Pesky Peter Jones and gotomypc however means I will still have to do some work though. Bah!

Posted
Snow's getting a bit heavier now :D

we could see a longer snowfall now, its pivoting and slowing down!!!!!!!!!!! im guessing we could see more with the length of the fall?????

Posted

Snow cover being topped up very nicely here :D I would estimate that another 3cm has fallen here so far this morning and hopefully it might stall leaving us with light-moderate snow for a longer period.

Posted
we could see a longer snowfall now, its pivoting and slowing down!!!!!!!!!!! im guessing we could see more with the length of the fall?????

I hope so mate. It's definitely picking up here now :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Sleety-Rain just started falling here .. deep joy

just in time for my walk with th'whippet. :D

BL

Posted
Sleety-Rain just started falling here .. deep joy

just in time for my walk with th'whippet. :D

BL

In Beverley? I'm in Kirkella/Willerby just west of Hull and it is moderate snow... the paths and driveways are white over.... road is too wet though..

Posted
Snow cover being topped up very nicely here :D I would estimate that another 3cm has fallen here so far this morning and hopefully it might stall leaving us with light-moderate snow for a longer period.

it is mate, we could see the bigger totals!!!!

Posted

Hi jimted

Walkington here!!

Thought it was the wet stuff at first but now that it is heavier it is sticking to all surfaces.

gobbyash

Posted

Thanks, but no-one's going anywhere. All schools closed (we think) and people making arrangements to meet and make snowmen :unsure:

Surprised to see that it's still snowing, despite the radar showing that it has cleared. Mind you, the radar seemed too far North last night too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons
In Beverley? I'm in Kirkella/Willerby just west of Hull and it is moderate snow... the paths and driveways are white over.... road is too wet though..

Hi :unsure:

No, I'm between Beverley and Hornsea.

Maybe it will turn to snow .. *hopes.

BL

Posted

Band has made very little progress northwards in the last 45 minutes... back edge of the band has remained a good 40-50 miles south of my location throughout. Very good news! :unsure:

Posted

omg its developing and transfering westwards all time, this pontentialy could get serious !!!!!!! i might be wrong though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Ah real snow at last! Nightmare to get anywhere but it does look ever so pretty!

Posted
Band has made very little progress northwards in the last 45 minutes... back edge of the band has remained a good 40-50 miles south of my location throughout. Very good news! :unsure:

Hopefully it will stay as snow rather than turn sleety later.

Posted
Hopefully it will stay as snow rather than turn sleety later.

in my view, the longer it stays as snow, the more chance it will be snow all day with that cold air flooding south!

Posted

Heavy Snow here all Morning,

Latest webcam image shown from my garden can be found on my website (Link in Sig)

CHris

Posted

thickening up here now, good 3cm, looknorth saying 2-5cm LOL, they lowerd it because of what happend on monday!!!