Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted

I am fairly hopeful for another interesting rush hour journey to work on monday and then I think there are signs of something interesting occuring on Monday night into Tuesday- the BBC have hinted at this in latest forecasts although uncertainty about where the Northern edge of the precipitation will be

Posted
I am fairly hopeful for another interesting rush hour journey to work on monday and then I think there are signs of something interesting occuring on Monday night into Tuesday- the BBC have hinted at this in latest forecasts although uncertainty about where the Northern edge of the precipitation will be

ironically there are now signs in the sky of apporaching showers, maybe even some kind of trough, but the meto rainfall radar is showing alot of activity along the coast to the north of me.

its looking pretty good :D

kev238 what is your location?

Edited by Koyli19

Posted

nottingham-- we have dne pretty well out of this so far although not quite as well as places south of Leicester- between leicester and luton seem to have far more!

Posted
We've got light snow here but nothing to get excited about. :D

thanks for that gobbyash - lets hope heavier stuff arrives soon.

nottingham-- we have dne pretty well out of this so far although not quite as well as places south of Leicester- between leicester and luton seem to have far more!

well here on the coast there has been precious little, yet villages on the nearby wolds have had quite a covering.

fingers crossed :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Very light but persistant snow (snizzle) on the wind here, but the sun is shining. Can't complain. :)

There are heavier clouds to the north though......

Posted
Very light but persistant snow (snizzle) on the wind here, but the sun is shining. Can't complain. :)

There are heavier clouds to the north though......

hi muffelchen

meto rainfall radar is indicating that the showers are diminishing in strength as they move southwards, and seem to be heading seawards too. :)

snizzle - like it !! shall have to remember that one :)

Posted

Metoffice updated warnings for us

Risk of disruption Warning Valid

East Midlands:

Derby

Derbyshire

Leicester

Leicestershire

Lincolnshire

Northamptonshire

Nottingham

Nottinghamshire

Rutland

Heavy Snow Sun 8 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of central and northern England, northeast Wales and parts of central and southern Scotland on Sunday. There is a potential for around 5 to 10cm of snow, particularly on hills.

Issued at: 1121 Sat 7 Feb

East Midlands:

Northamptonshire

Heavy Snow Mon 9 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of southern England and Wales on Monday. A band of rain will turn to sleet and snow in places as it moves eastwards. There is the potential for around 5 to 10, perhaps locally 15cm of snow.

Issued at: 1132 Sat 7 Feb

East Midlands:

Leicester

Leicestershire

Northamptonshire

Rutland

Heavy Snow Tue 10 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of southern England and Wales on Tuesday. A band of rain will turn to sleet and snow in places as it moves eastwards. There is the potential for around 5 to 10, perhaps locally 15cm of snow.

Issued at: 1139 Sat 7 Feb

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/em/...ings.html?day=2

Snow only melting slowly here, paths will be clear by Sunday however the grass and other areas in the shade should last longer

Posted

just a light shower of wet snow a few minutes ago and so far thats all.

never mind, theres always tomorrow.

Posted

this week has been great in my eyes. for the first time in my life (that i can remember) we have had snow lying for practically a whole week. we've still got a good 4 inches in most places now with more expected tomorrow after a severe frost tonight. keep topping us up a few inches every couple of days and ill be satisfied :D

Posted

certainly another good looking snow event...im just hoping as well as tomorrow that the low on monday night comes far enough north to tickle us :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Hi mate, I agree with Andy, the potential looks very good indeed for tomorrow :D

I knew that chart would go down well in GMG land :doh:

Posted
Excellent chart Andy :doh: Im not getting my hopes up though.

Yes radar watching will be the key tomorrow afternoon. Seems to me the snow seems to be getting to us quicker than first thought, it was around 3am to 6am (monday morning) not so long ago, hope it will be cold enough here. Coming from the west the precipitation may die off a little. So difficult to forecast.

Posted

Well radar looks OK, but serious continuation of downgrades in the forecast. Maybe only light sleet wet snow in this area.

Latest fax puts a warm front in front of the occlusion, 850's around -4, the light PPN forecast is the problem here.

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/ukmo2.php...&carte=2000

Edited by Matt Jones

Posted
Well radar looks OK, but serious continuation of downgrades in the forecast. Maybe only light sleet wet snow in this area.

Latest fax puts a warm front in front of the occlusion, 850's around -4, the light PPN forecast is the problem here.

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/ukmo2.php...&carte=2000

Yeah it looks like the heaviest ppn will now miss us which is typical :cold:

Best to stick to the radar at this stage. Im just going by the gfs 06z with this post.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Front looking rather weak at the moment so it looks only like a dusting thankfully. Unless the radar is acting up that is.

Posted

Not sure what the small amount of disappointment on the board is for, looking at the radar this is going very much as forecast at the moment. Light and patchy was always going to be the order of the day, with perhaps some heavier sleet/snow on the back edge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Countryfile forecast suggested that, away from the east coast tonights event would deliver across most of our region, and that the Monday/Tuesday winter storm could deliver significant snowfall, strong winds and potential blizzards for the southern half of the region - If I lived in S Leicestershire and Northants I'd be watching this very closely over the next 24 hours. The Precip line on the forecast seemed to be the north end of the Wash through to Staffordshire and South Cheshire, though of course it'll be the day itself before we know how far north this extends.

Posted
Countryfile forecast suggested that, away from the east coast tonights event would deliver across most of our region, and that the Monday/Tuesday winter storm could deliver significant snowfall, strong winds and potential blizzards for the southern half of the region - If I lived in S Leicestershire and Northants I'd be watching this very closely over the next 24 hours. The Precip line on the forecast seemed to be the north end of the Wash through to Staffordshire and South Cheshire, though of course it'll be the day itself before we know how far north this extends.

Agreed.

Not sure about this afternoon/evening... perhaps a few cm's will be added to our cover here.

Then tommorow afternoon/night looks very interesting.

Thought I would be too far North to be honest but my area is included in MetO warnings and Beeb forecasts so far... so you never know!

Edited by Polar Low

Posted

New warning for us for Monday

Risk of disruption Warning Valid from Valid to

East Midlands:

60% Derby

60% Derbyshire

60% Leicester

60% Leicestershire

60% Northamptonshire

60% Nottingham

60% Nottinghamshire

60% Rutland

Drifting Snow & Heavy Snow 1800 Mon 9 - 2359 Mon 9

Rain turning to snow in many places will give accumulations of 5 to 10cm generally and 15 to 20cm over hills. Some drifting is possible in the strong easterly winds.

Issued at: 1150 Sun 8 Feb

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/em/...t_warnings.html

I would have thought they would include South Yorkshire as the ECM and GFS also show the precipitation reaching it

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
New warning for us for Monday

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/em/...t_warnings.html

I would have thought they would include South Yorkshire as the ECM and GFS also show the precipitation reaching it

it will be a repeat performance again, where they extend it northwards, if ECM and GFS show it then they will change it tomorrow!!! looking really good! cant believe they said 5-10cm for our reigon tonight :)