Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
What makes me wonder is so many people are all shouting downgrade because of the beebs forecast? The werent right yesterday morning werethey? In fact neither was the met. Just nowcast wait and see, Radar is all to cock tonight and so are the forecast to be quite frank.

Os rydyn ni'n moyn bwrw eira yn y gorllewin heno, dwi'n gobeithio eich bod chi'n iawn! ;-)

I think nowcasting is definately the best solution, all sorts of problems with the radar, ppn showing when there is none, sleet where there is snow. Here in South Pembrokeshire we had a hefty snow shower at 7pm, and since then the temperature has dropped by about 3 degrees, so i'm fairly certain that any ppn that will fall overnight will be as snow, here's hoping that the low pressure spins some our way in the first place!

Posted

Might just be me but been looking at this

http://www.netweather.tv/pages/charts/noaa...02042156-no.jpg

and i think what is over france that the radar doesnt show yet could be the main event for south wales and the west depending on its track as time goes on.

I am probably wrong but hey its fun :wallbash:

Posted

"West Midlands: HerefordshireHeavy Snow0001 Thu 51200 Thu 5Heavy snow is likely Wednesday night and into Thursday morning, giving significant accumulations before turning lighter towards afternoon. Between 5 to 10 cm is widely expected and 10 to 20 cm is possible more locally.The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.Issued at: 2208 Wed 4 Feb"S Midlands anyway! 80%+ Now thhats a Flash warning and a half!

Edited by towbar0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Although not blizzard, heaviest snow I've seen in Stroud area this winter so far at mo, everything going steadily white that isn't already. Please no rain! How's the cold air from the north progressing this way, anyone know??

Posted
Os rydyn ni'n moyn bwrw eira yn y gorllewin heno, dwi'n gobeithio eich bod chi'n iawn! ;-)

I think nowcasting is definately the best solution, all sorts of problems with the radar, ppn showing when there is none, sleet where there is snow. Here in South Pembrokeshire we had a hefty snow shower at 7pm, and since then the temperature has dropped by about 3 degrees, so i'm fairly certain that any ppn that will fall overnight will be as snow, here's hoping that the low pressure spins some our way in the first place!

I hope we get a battering. But the precip type is very marginal. And for the non existent PPN, that's just weird because only the heavier parts actually give us ppn. So it's not all too cock, only the lighter echoes are not going to give anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's stopped snowing here, temps down to -2, dew point the same. Hopefully more to come???

Here's a quick pic just taken in my street.

Looking similar here. I would say about an inch now. I made go out and make the most of it.

Based on what is happening now, when is it likely to turn to rain or when is it likely to stop?

Chance the red circle will go to South Wales? Somewhere else or fizzle out?

post-6426-1233790442_thumb.jpg

There are a lot of bands pushing north (seems to be North west in western areas and north east further east). so periods of snow overnight seem possible for many areas, but not as promising as I originally thought, but a fresh covering may be possible, especailly as the precipitation seems to pep up over the sea.

Posted

small particles but very heavy snow here now (West Swindon) and wind picking up a little

BBC reports blizzard conditions between Chippenham and Hungerford on M4

:)

Posted

Ie, Wel mae eira cymedrol fan hyn nawr ac mae'n gorwedd hefyd felly nid yw popeth mor wael a hynny.

Yes well the snow is moderate here now and it's settling aswell so all is not as bad as that.

Posted
Here's a quick pic just taken in my street.

weather09.jpg

We had that type of snow falling on Monday Night, thin but a lot, it lasted for a good 12hours, it does take time to pile up though, but if you get that much snow falling (a bit more heavier perhaps), you will easily get 20cm+ :) , we got 28cm on Tuesday morning from it all and 50cm+ drifts hopefully same for you!! Im hoping it is heavy when it hits here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
There are a lot of bands pushing north (seems to be North west in western areas and north east further east). so periods of snow overnight seem possible for many areas, but not as promising as I originally thought, but a fresh covering may be possible, especailly as the precipitation seems to pep up over the sea.

Jackone that main band over Southern England is going to have to swing round drastically to reach South Wales! I think it will continue to head straight North. Other bands of precip may get to Wales by morning though.

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl

snowed here not long ago .. have a nice coating (:

Tom - South East Wales

Also having reports of snow in magor, lydney, bream etc

Posted
Jackone that main band over Southern England is going to have to swing round drastically to reach South Wales! I think it will continue to head straight North. Other bands of precip may get to Wales by morning though.

That's what he means.

Posted
Although not blizzard, heaviest snow I've seen in Stroud area this winter so far at mo, everything going steadily white that isn't already. Please no rain! How's the cold air from the north progressing this way, anyone know??

I didn't think there was anybody else like me in Stroud! Yes, been snowing moderately here for 20 minutes or so now. I work in a school and it's beginning to look like another day tomorrow!