Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
does anyone eles think that the LP has stalled?

cher

x

No, it's moving N.

No signs of pivoting yet either.

Posted
No, it's moving N.

No signs of pivoting yet either.

lol i didnt update my radar oppps sorry lol. i was stuck at 9.10 as i took it back and didnt take it forward again :rolleyes: now i feel a fool lol

cher

x

Posted
Do we all think that the BBC and MET OFFICE have got this all wrong??

Do you think the snow will get to stoke on trent??

As I said earlier, I think snow in Smoke is now a distinct possibility - looking v. good for the Mids at the moment. The BBC have got this wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
God love the BBC... last night they said we could get a covering, maybe 5cm (we had nearly 20cm here in Northants) and tonight they say mostly cloudy and maybe a light snow flurry in the early hours... hmm well see :clap:

Last night for 4hrs was heaviest snowfall I had seen for 20yrs and stayed up most of the night

Even went to two interviews today and told radio oxford about the weather :rolleyes:

However given the outlook wont stay up tonight (ie more snow over the next few days)

Does seem so PPN is going to further west and we might be in for something here ?

Not sure if my location north oxford has the colder air already tuck in , temp just drop to 0c

However if we get anything will be after 3am i guess

Happy snow watching everyone

Posted
As I said earlier, I think snow in Smoke is now a distinct possibility - looking v. good for the Mids at the moment. The BBC have got this wrong.

South Midlands? Or North :D Im North Birmingham. I havent watched this all day, im really not up to speed!

Posted

In short I think yes, the METO and BBC and most of the independents have got this quite wrong, even more wrong than they got the track of last night front...

Posted
South Midlands? Or North :D Im North Birmingham. I havent watched this all day, im really not up to speed!

Birmingham currently in the firing line IMO.

Posted
Looks like the band is slowing up in coming north and weakening a fair bit on the eastern edge, which happens to be the area that was tracking in my direction!

here beginneth the downgrades eh.... :D

Posted
Birmingham currently in the firing line IMO.

Lovely to hear! :D

I only expect 2-3cm from this in the small research I have done. Would you say this is correct? We wont be seeing 15-20cm branded around tonight.

Posted
Im near Solihull, you think we could get alot? Or just as dusting, I havent been watching this one so sorry for the questions everyone!

Difficult to predict at the moment mate, I'll have more of an idea in the next couple of hours as to how far north and east this system will shift. But with the PPN over the Irish Sea/west Wales almost stagnant. Could be interesting, or maybe a false dawn. (Ususally the way with us Solihull lot! :doh: )

Could be twice as bad as Monday the late evening Central News bulletin claimed.

Yeah right!! 3 inches in Solihull on Monday, 1 inch on Thursday. (Unless they were making specific reference to the East Midlands? BIAS!!)

But we'll see. Don't hold your breath though.

Phil. (Not ISSAC! :D )

Posted

Interestingly Met Office are forecasting heavy snow for Reading and the surrounding area for a six hour period overnight. Could be some fun and games down there tomorrow morning.

Posted

The TV just forecast 6inches of snow for Dorset and surrounding counties overnight and into tomorrow but to be honest, cant see that happening as its torrential rain here at the moment!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Well my latest study of the radar for both the uk and then from europe as well ,its coming for us , the heavier/bigger band goes west of us , maybe east wales but remember that at some point its gonna be doing 1 of 2, stalling over us cause it will not march into north wales as the artic air is digging in , which is good news for prolonged snowfall, or reaching us then sweeping east like its meant to be doin , sending all the ppn that will be on the western flank of it over us as it moves east , i personaly think its looking rather good for us mad snow lovers!!!!!!!!! maybe its drawn to all the love we have for it haha :D

Posted
Difficult to predict at the moment mate, I'll have more of an idea in the next couple of hours as to how far north and east this system will shift. But with the PPN over the Irish Sea/west Wales almost stagnant. Could be interesting, or maybe a false dawn. (Ususally the way with us Solihull lot! :D )

Could be twice as bad as Monday the late evening Central News bulletin claimed.

Yeah right!! 3 inches in Solihull on Monday, 1 inch on Thursday. (Unless they were making specific reference to the East Midlands? BIAS!!)

But we'll see. Don't hold your breath though.

Phil. (Not ISSAC! :) )

Thanks mate, they also said that yesterday and to be honest, I wasnt impressed with our amount..was nothing really, less than half of what we had Monday!

Posted

Does the metoffice not update their rainfall forecasts? BBC forecast snow right over my area, slap bang in the middle of it, but yet the metoffice are saying sleet AND the precip on the chart is way way south from me, maybe just along the M4 corridor....

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

west mids always favours best when precip comes from the west from the atlantic and meets the cold air front....only prob with that, ends up getting milder in 80% of occasions.................

sunday is meant to be an atlantic front so we will see.....

cant see much happening tonight north of brum from what I have seen on reports etc :(:(

Posted

Oh, and is the precip moving north along the West mids and wales and then being blown east to properly affect Oxford/Reading/Bucks etc , and THEN moving back to the south east and leaving late Friday afternoon, thats how i work it out from the way it is travelling now.... :(

Posted
west mids always favours best when precip comes from the west from the atlantic and meets the cold air front....only prob with that, ends up getting milder in 80% of occasions.................

sunday is meant to be an atlantic front so we will see.....

cant see much happening tonight north of brum from what I have seen on reports etc :rolleyes::D

I wouldn't hold out too much hope