Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well currently, it still looks excellent for us!

Posted
Well currently, it still looks excellent for us!

The precipitation seems to be moving northwards towards Wales at the moment.

Maybe, just maybe the charts have it wrong and us West Midlanders will get a dumping, but im being to hopeful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Was that ITV national weather? I watched BBC Look East and Anglia News. The latter were simply reiterating what the Met Office have been saying in their warnings for the potential for 5-10cm in Northants/Cambs/Beds/Bucks/Herts. All in all I think it's looking pretty good, I'm just a bit anxious lol, seems a bit too good to be true after last night!

EDIT: Anyone else having problems with Netweather? Taking several attempts to get my posts published. PLEASE do not crash tonight! :lol:

cor yeah unbelievably slow, even went off completely around 7pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
The precipitation seems to be moving northwards towards Wales at the moment.

Maybe, just maybe the charts have it wrong and us West Midlanders will get a dumping, but im being to hopeful.

Yep and if the intensity keeps up (obviously some will be lost) we really good have a dumping and will surprise many. :lol:

Posted

Well they have got the last 3 falls that we've had wrong so why should this one be any different?

Plus the meto have changed their warnings and we are now very much in the firing line. :lol:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

Posted

i likes the snow,,, but could do with a little rest from it now, been stuck on the snow/ice twice today(mondeos are so bad even with traction controll) at one point i got out the car and said to the mrs 'im going now i might be gone some time'

Posted

Theres much agreement on a heavy PPN situation developing in the deep SE and outer area tonight into tomorrow.

Tracking the radar I can not help wondering however whether the heavy band coming from the SW will deviate from it's NNE track at all and continue into Central South and into parts of Wales, the West Mids and East Mids (which look likely to fare well). I agree that the front may not make it that far north but looking at it's current track I can not see this swinging towards the SE, I see a stall over the South Mids / Central South much more likely before fading towards the east. The front last night certainly pushed throgh much more quickly and much more North Easterly than was expected even very imminently before the event, transfering the heaviest snow rish from the Welse Border to the NE and E Midlands?

What are you thoughts on the possibility of this front continuing it's progressive NNE track?

Posted

Well near enough all schools in the Buckinghamshire region are closed for tomorrow as a decisions needed to be made before 4.30pm, due to notices issued of a 'severe weather event' affecting the area, stated as ''worse than todays''.

So really, if the West gets it tonight instead of whats forecast, I think that would be a biggg slip up lol :lol:

Posted

Can anyone in the Northampton area help? I am supposed to be taking my daughter to Northampton Uni tomorrow for a "taster" course which starts at 11am. I know the Uni was shut today but what are conditions like now and IF you get no more snow what are the chances of it being open tomorrow? (Their web site merely states it will give an update at 8am tomorrow but i would like to leave Maidstone before then) It may be that the route between Mstne & N'hmptn may be "difficult" anyway.

Thanks

Chris

Posted

It all depends on how fast that cold front pushes down from scotland, and to be honest, it hasn't moved much since this time yesterday!

I think this will be an almost carbon copy of yesterday, with the snow roughly on the same track.

Posted
Was that ITV national weather? I watched BBC Look East and Anglia News. The latter were simply reiterating what the Met Office have been saying in their warnings for the potential for 5-10cm in Northants/Cambs/Beds/Bucks/Herts. All in all I think it's looking pretty good, I'm just a bit anxious lol, seems a bit too good to be true after last night!

EDIT: Anyone else having problems with Netweather? Taking several attempts to get my posts published. PLEASE do not crash tonight! :lol:

Yes, temporary outages - rather a lot of folk posting tonight!

Posted
It all depends on how fast that cold front pushes down from scotland, and to be honest, it hasn't moved much since this time yesterday!

I think this will be an almost carbon copy of yesterday, with the snow roughly on the same track.

Yep i think we can almost say we might get pasted again at this rate tonight!

Posted

Get ready folks, it looks like were in for a pasting now, not the East at this rate!

Posted
i likes the snow,,, but could do with a little rest from it now, been stuck on the snow/ice twice today(mondeos are so bad even with traction controll) at one point i got out the car and said to the mrs 'im going now i might be gone some time'

You need to turn the traction control off!

Posted

Pretty sure many areas will be impacted, but the east should still be if the low carries on, on its current path.

Get ready folks, it looks like were in for a pasting now, not the East at this rate!

Posted
anyone no if the west mids areinfor a pasting or not?

I wouldn't say a pasting, this band wasn't ment to be hitting our region at all, but now looks like it could so 2-5cm is possible i'd think.

Site having some problems tonight, only just got back on.

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

Heavy Snow seems to be on its way according to the radar. If it holds it intensity as much as possible it could be Very Heavy.

Posted
Heavy Snow seems to be on its way according to the radar. If it holds it intensity as much as possible it could be Very Heavy.

is that for all of the midlands or just east?

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

it looks as though everywhere apart from the black country (wolves-dudley area) has had loads of snow going by the news and weather reports - its been p**s poor around here this week lol.

north west midlands is due its turn soon surely :lol: :lol: :lol: :D:D:D

Posted
seriously blizzards i wouldnt be holding out too much hope. to me just looks like a cm or two.

The Radar shows precpitation not being light. Moderate to Heavy for much of it at the moment. Obviosuly it will lose a bit of intensity by the time it gets here. This is for the West Midlands. The East Midlands doesnt look likely to get anything at the moment. :lol:

Posted

I have been watching this with intrest and Im so convinced at the moment this is not hitting south east but the central england and wales areas

but then again what do i know im still learning

cher

x

Edited by toonarmy32