Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

i read on two, susan powell has done an interview on the bbc about the prospects for the rest of the month. basically, the implication was make the most of monday, because after then it should stay cold, but become more showery rather than with persistant precipitation. she said it looks like the winds should stay northerly, or thats what the met office model shows for out to 4 weeks.

Posted
I couldnt give a damn if it doesnt snow tonight now because my School is already CLOSED for tomorrow due to hardly any gritting over Worcestershire tonight!!!

That means i will of only had yesterday at school!

Hadn't they given up on the gritting, and were only using snow ploughs for major routes?

I was laughing at the idea of table salt being poured over the road. Least it'll look like snow!

Posted
Lol i love the Snow but im amazed how long ive had off...never have i been off so long in term time due to the weather!

:D im sorry! i misunderstood! hey heres a glass for you! im drinking a bottle of wine atm! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well I hope everyone has enjoyed the snow today, Im surprised at how much snow has gone considering temps did not get much above 1c! I thought I was going to have a nice quiet night, untill we see round three brewing in the southwest approaches. Certainly looks as though its moving more or less north maybe with an "hint" of east ! Hence the met office are now changing there forecast, and it certainly looks as though a larger part of England and Wales will be seeing some more snow! :D

Posted
portsmouth gets sod all.

its turning into a nightmare someone lend me a couple of lorry loads for my garden im depressed winters over here totally :D

haha, maybe you should consider moving .. your virtually in the tropics down there. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

System in southwest approaches now just touching edge of Bournemouth heading NE Depends on rotation speed and forward momentum as to who gets the juicy bits. Assuming the dew points and lapse rates are OK.

From past observations this set up can produce tons of the stuff. Could be a real blast ! Hope it doesnt spin off in another direction. Lows can be real monkys being unstable air masses and unpredictable.

Lamp posters at the ready :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

had decent snow this morning, id say better than monday, as i thought it fizzled out at 9am, there was snow at 3pm but soon stopped, been a slight thaw here (full thaw town centre) temp 1.5C not good may be no snow left in morning

post-6661-1233858591_thumb.jpg

post-6661-1233858639_thumb.jpg

post-6661-1233858671_thumb.jpg

post-6661-1233858693_thumb.jpg

post-6661-1233858813_thumb.jpg

post-6661-1233858842_thumb.jpg

post-6661-1233858877_thumb.jpg

post-6661-1233859028_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
Well I hope everyone has enjoyed the snow today, Im surprised at how much snow has gone considering temps did not get much above 1c! I thought I was going to have a nice quiet night, untill we see round three brewing in the southwest approaches. Certainly looks as though its moving more or less north maybe with an "hint" of east ! Hence the met office are now changing there forecast, and it certainly looks as though a larger part of England and Wales will be seeing some more snow! :)

argghhhhh! i sooooooooooo waaaaaaaant more snow! I bet we wont get any here! i hate the feelin of being disappointed and i think i will be! :wallbash:

System in southwest approaches now just touching edge of Bournemouth heading NE Depends on rotation speed and forward momentum as to who gets the juicy bits. Assuming the dew points and lapse rates are OK.

From past observations this set up can produce tons of the stuff. Could be a real blast ! Hope it doesnt spin off in another direction. Lows can be real monkys being unstable air masses and unpredictable.

Lamp posters at the ready :o

oooooh! :clap:

stop getting me soooooo excited lol! co's im sure we wont get it! sorry dont mean to be pessimistic, just preparing myself just incase it does'nt happen lol!

Posted
i read on two, susan powell has done an interview on the bbc about the prospects for the rest of the month. basically, the implication was make the most of monday, because after then it should stay cold, but become more showery rather than with persistant precipitation. she said it looks like the winds should stay northerly, or thats what the met office model shows for out to 4 weeks.

She didn't actually say northerlies, but that was my interpretation of what she said :wallbash:

I do think Mon/Tues could be very interesting. And before then there's also Sun as a possibility too.

Bloomin' nusiance when you run a business ...... though on the other hand running your own business means you can take as much time off as you want (or can afford!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
:blush: im sorry! i misunderstood! hey heres a glass for you! im drinking a bottle of wine atm! :drunk:

No worries, about 10 schools are closed in Worcestershire tomorrow so far...

www.worcestershire.gov.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
:wallbash: im sorry! i misunderstood! hey heres a glass for you! im drinking a bottle of wine atm! :clap:

No worries, about 10 schools are closed in Worcestershire tomorrow so far...

www.worcestershire.gov.uk

Posted
You reckon us in nn2 will be waking up to the likes of this morning. :blush:

Just saw Look East and it didn't look too promising for here with most of the precip to our south east. The snow was just scraping into Northants at about 7am.

Julie did say though there was some uncertainty as to how far north the snow would get so at least she did acknowledge that and it's not just us that are finding it a bit puzzling.

Posted
Just saw Look East and it didn't look too promising for here with most of the precip to our south east. The snow was just scraping into Northants at about 7am.

Julie did say though there was some uncertainty as to how far north the snow would get so at least she did acknowledge that and it's not just us that are finding it a bit puzzling.

I was obviously watching a different channel to you Becky Mantin put us right in the firing line :blush:

Posted

This latest from the BBC:

''Snowfall is expected from Essex through Cambridgeshire and the West Midlands as far as Dorset in the west.,[sic] with at least a couple of inches expected.''

You'll find the story here:_

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7873063.stm

It looks like there's a lot of uncertainty about earlier forecasts.

Regards,

Mike.

Edited by Winston

Posted
I was obviously watching a different channel to you Becky Mantin put us right in the firing line :drunk:

Was that ITV national weather? I watched BBC Look East and Anglia News. The latter were simply reiterating what the Met Office have been saying in their warnings for the potential for 5-10cm in Northants/Cambs/Beds/Bucks/Herts. All in all I think it's looking pretty good, I'm just a bit anxious lol, seems a bit too good to be true after last night!

EDIT: Anyone else having problems with Netweather? Taking several attempts to get my posts published. PLEASE do not crash tonight! :blush:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Very difficult to catch up with what is going on. I had to walk to work this morning whle everyone else was enjoying playing in the snow.

Had a bit of a dumping, deepest snow I can recall, widely over 5 inches with drifts up to a foot along the canal side-path.

More snow on the way ? Incredible, but today was such a treat. Just a shame I was stuck in the office from 9.30-6.

Will try to upload some pics later :blush:

Posted
will the heavy ppn even come up here now, almost looks like it will double back round and go back south now and then swing back up after the it passes the isles

As the front makes landfall on the south coast, it should pepp up shouldnt it?

Otherwise it looks really wrong lol!

Posted

Rather surprised but not in a bad way when i just looked out the window to see its snowing again.

Light snow but still :lol: