Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Agree with those comments Paul, GFS seem to be much better at nailing small scale events at close range.

Perhaps European models better medium to long term, especially in northern blocking situations, says he wishful thinking. :wub:

You will hear a big cheer from S.E.London if S.E.Essex finally gets a decent snowfall this winter.

You deserve it mate and not just for all the good work you put in on this forum and site, in general. :lol:

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Back garden temps ar 0.6C wth 88% humidity which seems to me like the dewpoint is just the right side of snow so we now have a light covering of which has pleased me immensly as I took a cab home from the pub. Am not sure this is going to continue as the radar looks a little lightweight but who knows, certainly nice to see the black slush at the edge of the road covered with white again for a while

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
BBC MetO have just said that the snow will carry on for at least two more hours....................Does that equate ton another 4 - 8 hours :lol:

BBC London News weather forecast by Peter said that we could even see snow on Sunday :lol:

BBC24 says there is a strong possibility of the low over France could push further inland on Monday :o

Guess what?? It is still snowing and this is no exaggeration, it is snowing even heavier and settling more than what was said in my previous post :o :lol: :wub: :wub:

cmon lets see a few inches out of this

Posted

More snow about, lucky people! This morning was snowing but sadly it turned to rain and became slushy! Can we expect any of the snow tonight to hit the Eastern areas of Berkshire?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

just got in from pub... snowing quite heavly again.. temps 0.5c dew -0.3c better than earlier!

Posted

Hasn't snowed in this neck of the woods for a few hours now, but have a slight covering from earlier on. Back roads a little slushy which are becoming rather slippery now and will no doubt be trecherous soon.

BBC National Forecast 10.30 very interesting. Darren Bett even seemed to be ramping a bit. He said towards the end of the forecast "Cold weather continuing all next week with risk of snow in southern Britain Monday." He said that with a smile on his face!

:wub:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Without sounding really dumb but could someone please explain what dew point is and what it means? at present ours is -1.4 (dropped in the last hour) and temp is now 0.5.

Many thanks.

Posted

Snowing a lot harder now in Biggin Hill and I would not be surprised to see about 4ins to 5ins of snow by morning. Beautiful Christmas card scene with snow on the trees which has enhanced and added to the foot of snow we had on Sunday/Monday.

Just seen the latest weather forecast on BBC and the presenter said all next week will be cold and a potential for a snow event for Southern Counties on Monday. Wow! what a winter.

Posted

Thank You Tom for the Kind Words, It takes something to keep this Place going - Would you believe just in the South East and London Thread we have had over 6,100 Replies :wub:

Steve I see what you mean on the GFS, Between T84 & T99 A very Strong North Easterly sets in across the SE Bringing Plenty of Snow Showers. One to watch for Tuesday if Monday does not deliver, All these Snow events are crazy, we used to be lucky to get 1 per month LOL

Paul S

Posted
Heavy fall of snow here, settling on everything.

OH! Its snow down there too? We have a fresh covering and snow falling here about a mile north of you on the Banstead border maybe on our way to 1cm :wub:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun
Thank You Tom for the Kind Words, It takes something to keep this Place going - Would you believe just in the South East and London Thread we have had over 6,100 Replies :o

Steve I see what you mean on the GFS, Between T84 & T99 A very Strong North Easterly sets in across the SE Bringing Plenty of Snow Showers. One to watch for Tuesday if Monday does not deliver, All these Snow events are crazy, we used to be lucky to get 1 per month LOL

Paul S

ohh please tell me it could be good news for me! lol. we had nowt exciting here yes we had a covering (start of week) but u could still see the grass :(

Edited by wchris_uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

You're making me jealous cn-d. World Cup Skiing from Biggin Hill this Sunday perhaps and ski-jumping off of Westerham Hill!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Been snowing all evening but its suddenly got heavy here, lovely stuff!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

After a 'mild' afternoon here, temps have tumbled late this afternoon and this evening. It was dry then snow started about an hour and a half ago and has been falling lightly since. It has never been heavy enough to settle as yet on 'non prepared ground'. But it was snow from the start. Nice to see it still falling gently and maybe there is a 'heavier hurrah' enouhg to give a light covering before it moves away and skies clear. :o

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Think I might be radar watching for the next hour or so! Quite suprised me when I looked out the window right now. I wasnt expecting anything after the wet snow earlier tonight!

Posted
Without sounding really dumb but could someone please explain what dew point is and what it means? at present ours is -1.4 (dropped in the last hour) and temp is now 0.5.

Many thanks.

If you took some of the air around you, that you are measuring, and chilled it; eventually it would become saturated and start to form fog (cloud). Dry air would need more chilling to become saturated (a lower dew point). Saturated air is already at its dewpoint.

The lower the dewpoint the dryer the air.

Len

Posted
ohh please tell me it could be good news for me! lol. we had nowt exciting here yes we had a covering (start of week) but u could still see the grass :o

post-24-1233961066_thumb.png - Chris this is right in the Middle of the 15 Hour North Easterly as the Low Pressure Exits towards the Continent, obviously expect changes to the Track of the Low etc but with Meto stating Heavy Snow Showers for the South East on Tuesday it is all to play for. Now this WOULD Deliver for Kent

Paul S