Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
Yeah, but the general idea preventing the rain/snow from reaching here still exists. I swear the weather gods don't like the extreme southeast, they did this back in October! 1.5C and dewp 0.6C at the moment, just waiting for the precip lol! :wallbash:

Well I can't grumble. We had 14cm on Monday, so missing a few flurries this evening doesn't really worry me . Off out for a pint or two I think <_<

Posted

Heres to the next bout. :clap:

Regards,

Tom

Dont get your hopes up tom off seeing any more snow this febuary monday looks a complete non event now and i expect it to remain that way further ahead milder air could be on the cards. totally fed up from this cold rain weather were haveing my leg is killing me. :wallbash:

Posted

The difference between sun/mon episode to todays is both ends of the snow spectrum,Sunday eve there was no need to go whistling around hilltops and that for me was the the thing that brought back the good old memories,you cant beat a good old easterly to deliver to the low ground. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Light snow falling again here in Anerley SE20.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Light snow falling here. Very steady though and 'proper' snow rather than the wet stuff!

Long may it continue!

(Probably won't though!) :wallbash:

Edited by angel

Posted

Sunday evening/night looks OK for a bit of snow to sleet formation, especially across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambs but i would expect most places to see snow in some form before it turns to rain in the south of the region. Could see a light covering from that :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
I think the centre of the depression is due south of Brighton now. If you look at the radar on the MetO website, the 'rain' over Worthing has move back west again and a new area has appeared south of Eastbounre and appears to be moving N. Def seems to be an anticlockwise circulation centred about 30 miles south of Brighton.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Hmmm i keep peekin at the radar and outside but nowt yet

Posted
Well I can't grumble. We had 14cm on Monday, so missing a few flurries this evening doesn't really worry me . Off out for a pint or two I think :wallbash:

Absolutely. Nothing can take the memories of Sunday and Monday away for me

Posted

Although ppn light for the most part on 9.00 radar, seems more widespread now. Could areas south and east of London get a bit more than was expected a while ago, dont forget GFS ppn charts were showing snow to pep up again around midnight to S & E of London. I do find those charts tend to exaggerate ppn though.

Regards,

Tom.

Light snow falling again here in Anerley SE20.

Regards,

Tom.

Tom we may JUST scrape a dusting- Looking out the ground is drying out & temps I think are dropping as the melted snow is now beginning to freeze-

The back edge is out to the west, but it is gaining a touch of intensity- so maybe a little dusting then the end...

S

Posted
Although ppn light for the most part on 9.00 radar, seems more widespread now. Could areas south and east of London get a bit more than was expected a while ago, dont forget GFS ppn charts were showing snow to pep up again around midnight to S & E of London. I do find those charts tend to exaggerate ppn though.

Regards,

Tom.

hope so, the GFS has done really well recently wrt to last night and the night before's snow events. Much better than the BBC graphics.

It also shows this front much slower than the BBC, lasting well into the early hours- here's hoping! :wallbash:

Posted

Snow still falling here, with it starting to settle on cars and now landing and freezing on the frozen pavements

temperature -0.4c

might be looking good, i hope :rolleyes:

Posted
is this a start of something the pros have got wrong again ! !

Here in Croydon, Shirley, it is still snowing and is settling :rolleyes:Temp is 0c :doh:

Posted

Hi Steve,

Back in SE20 at my son & daughters place, they seemed to have done rather better than at my place (Lee SE12) from Sun/Mons. streamer, around about 7ins or so. Had 6" at best in my garden in SE12.

I noticed from the radar returns Sun/Mon, that SE20 seems to have been more directly under the Streamer than us near Shooters Hill. Like a lot of places around London, 7" for SE20 is a very respectable fall and I think may have topped Feb. 91

for this locale but not Jan.87. Has there been any snow depth maps produced for the London area yet for Sun/Mons event, does anybody

know? I think Philip Eden might be the man for this info.

What helps Anerley is that it lies on a slope thats,exposed to the east, in the foothills of the Crystal Palace ridge (Inner S.London Alps). :rolleyes:

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
Here in Croydon, Shirley, it is still snowing and is settling :rolleyes:Temp is 0c :doh:

do you know how long this will last or will it fizzle out soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

MMMMM just started to lightly rain again here in eastbourne

Posted

Still snowing lightly here! Grass and cars are white, we have between 1 and 2 cm on the ground. Wasn't expecting this so nice surprise to end the week!

Only Wed and Thurs this week it hasn't snowed on, a great wintery week! :rolleyes: