Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
Polish on my car? You must be joking :)

Those Poles get everywhere! British Snow For British Counties I say! Especially Herts :)

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
Just seen on the BBC news page that there may be a snow-storm on the way for tuesday :) Does anyone know if this will happen? Would try and find out myself but I am new to this reading maps thing and dont really know what I am looking for :D

Cheers

(Oh and at the moment in Farnham we have no precip at all :) )

I suggest you read the Model Output Discussion thread. You can find this by selecting Winter Discussion (where this thread is), and then scroll down to the sub-heading Forum Topics - it is usually in the first three or so under there.

Although it is technical, if you read the previous 4 pages or so you will find some discussion of the Tuesday event - they don't like questions from people who don't understand the charts though, so I read it passively myself.

There is also a video nearby about Tuesday's event called Watching the Channel Low - it is great, but when it was issued it was not hopeful of a very snowy event. It may have been overtaken by events since then, but it is very informative anyway.

Mark and learn - there will be a test later!

Bernard.

Posted

isnt it too warm for snow here atm, 37f outside, needs to be atleast 32f with even lower Dew points, can we see this dropping alot in the next few hrs?

I suggest you read the Model Output Discussion thread. You can find this by selecting Winter Discussion (where this thread is), and then scroll down to the sub-heading Forum Topics - it is usually in the first three or so under there.

Although it is technical, if you read the previous 4 pages or so you will find some discussion of the Tuesday event - they don't like questions from people who don't understand the charts though, so I read it passively myself.

There is also a video nearby about Tuesday's event called Watching the Channel Low - it is great, but when it was issued it was not hopeful of a very snowy event. It may have been overtaken by events since then, but it is very informative anyway.

Mark and learn - there will be a test later!

Bernard.

Thanks for your help :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

snowing quite widely in areas where temps are 2oC, soon dropping to 0oC in the snow.

Dewpoints being very low is what is helping...

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
Those Poles get everywhere! British Snow For British Counties I say! Especially Herts :)

:p a tad racist? not intentionial but sounds bad buddy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
Just changed to snow. Big old flakes.

:p Big snow... love it...

we have small rain here but tiny sleet mixed in :)

Posted
Alot of people reporting snow in the Midlands thread..promising signs for later. Some very heavy ppn as I have jus said too..people already reporting a covering. All heading to EA now :p

Should be alot coming your way !!!!

Posted
my word, you guys weren't fibbing about the size of the flakes. They are enormous!

Huge fat flakes here in Chesham up in the Chilterns, is that a sign that it will turn to rain later? :p

Posted
my word, you guys weren't fibbing about the size of the flakes. They are enormous!

Hi mate, i just looked out the window and they are enormous arne't they? lol. :p:D:D

Imagine if it was dry out... lol.

It's acctually slightly settling because it's so heavy and flakes are so big!!! :)

Huge fat flakes here in Chesham up in the Chilterns, is that a sign that it will turn to rain later? :)

No, means it just gonna snow!!

Posted

Definitely some very heavy ppn mixed in, explaining why people are seeing such big flakes. Snowflakes also tend to be bigger the more marginal it is..so this is why people are reporting mammoth flakes. Saw some myself the other morning on the way to work!! Hopefully some more to come with these bright radar echoes...lots off ppn now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
Sorry to ask this again guys but how can I be under pink on the net weather radar but nothing falling from the sky?

Would love to know why.

Thanks

You are like me at the moment the radar is suggesting that as it gets to you it is weakening - the whole band looks as if it is getting slimmer and it's breaking up as it comes towards you and me. The light pink is not really worth the money it's printed on tonight but with patience we may see something, although you are nearer the sleet/rain I think?

Posted

can someone please blow that snow down here to surrey ....just good old rain here :-(

rest of week not looking very hopeful either, thinking of moving to Milton Keynes !

Posted

just light rain here in Maidstone, yet the radar says it is in the middle of a large sleet zone, although i guess it's pretty unreliable at the moment,

does anyone think the sleet/snow may reach into Essex or even Kent as temperatures and dewpoints continue to fall over the next few hours, precipitation in the midlands looks pretty heavy at the moment

Posted
Definitely some very heavy ppn mixed in, explaining why people are seeing such big flakes. Snowflakes also tend to be bigger the more marginal it is..so this is why people are reporting mammoth flakes. Saw some myself the other morning on the way to work!! Hopefully some more to come with these bright radar echoes...lots off ppn now.

Hi.

This is probably the biggest flakes i have seen for many years!!

It is now starting to settle on all soaked surfaces!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
Hi mate, i just looked out the window and they are enormous arne't they? lol. :D:D:D

Imagine if it was dry out... lol.

It's acctually slightly settling because it's so heavy and flakes are so big!!! :D

No, means it just gonna snow!!

I think the fabled "north of the M4 line" should also reference west of the M1 :fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

3.3c here after a high of 5.6c today. Light rain falling.

Posted
You are like me at the moment the radar is suggesting that as it gets to you it is weakening - the whole band looks as if it is getting slimmer and it's breaking up as it comes towards you and me. The light pink is not really worth the money it's printed on tonight but with patience we may see something, although you are nearer the sleet/rain I think?

Band is not weakening or fragmenting :S It is actually intensifying and there are brighter echoes now than earlier on

The pink (im also under) is probably high cloud or false radar echoes, as nothing falling here either. The heavier ppn to our west is whats bringing the interest and wont be over us for a few hours :D Hopefully as snow, not sleet or rain :fool:

Posted
Hi.

This is probably the biggest flakes i have seen for many years!!

It is now starting to settle on all soaked surfaces!!

got nothing here but rain/sleet and im a stones throw away from you, well quite a big throw

Edited by remymartin