Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Posted

It did seem to change into snow just as the heaviest rain moved away. There was a dusting but the wind was so strong and the snow too light for anything more to settle.

Woke up and looked outside, nothing but wet and green with a vast majority of last monday's snow gone. Still a decent covering on grass and the flowerbed, oh and the shed roof is being very stubborn. I'm guessing it either stopped, or turned back to rain after I went to bed.

So when can i test my sleep pattern again!??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Posted

Snowing here again - quite heavy. Had very heavy snow overnight which resulted in nice covering again. A little bit of rain first thing made it a bit slushy but it's snowing again now. The heavy rain yesterday hasn't washed any of the deep snow cover. Looking at the weather for the rest of this week, it doesn't look like it's going anywhere, meaning that it will have been here for 2 weeks - amazing!

Posted

We might have had a little bit of snow in the night but you wouldn't be able to tell now. There was a lot of sleet on the school run just now, but at the moment it's dry here. How disappointing.

Posted

We had very heavy snow for about 2 hours last night but looks like it turned to rain in the early hours as all the snow that was on the road etc has now gone. Temp now 2.2c with some drizzle from time to time. Have heard we may get snow again today what do people think??

Janet

Posted
Very heavy snow for around an hour to an hour and a half last night - approx 1am with everywhere covered by around an inch. Of course, it has now all gone only to be replaced by rain and a temp of 2.7C. We are in "now you see it, now you don't" land. Oh well, I am beginning to think lying snow here is a physical impossibility. The best fall this year reamains at the end of November when it snowed all one Sunday morning with a temperature of around -2 and even some blowing around. Just can't see it coming off this month.

I agree mate had some fun in the bit we got for one Sunday afternoon but that was it, gutted!!

Posted

No snow around but nw got me down as 65% today and 85% tomorrow! How does that work? Anyone know should I be excited or not ? I am in bury st edmunds west suffolk. Any thoughts from you guys who know?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
No snow around but nw got me down as 65% today and 85% tomorrow! How does that work? Anyone know should I be excited or not ? I am in bury st edmunds west suffolk. Any thoughts from you guys who know?

Don't be excited.

Maybe a passing wintry shower but that is about it I am afraid.

Posted
3 hours and no new posts in this snow watch thread!

Says it all really doesn't it?

There's no snow to watch!! :D

There's still the remnants of last Mondays snow that can be watched, slowly melting away... :air_kiss:

Posted

Can't even get a wintry shower here yet, just rain showers. 33mm of rain since yesterday...if only that had been snow!

Posted

Keep your eyes open for tomorrow afternoon, a fragmented occlusion will bring some scattered *wintry* showers southwards. They are more likely to affect Norfolk/Suffolk than anywhere else, because each time the models update they get shifted eastwards! Anyway T850's will be -5C, HGT500-1000 will be within the 528dam, so there is a reasonable chance of some snow flurries in the far east. Beyond that it looks mostly dry, so no snow unfortunately :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Keep your eyes open for tomorrow afternoon, a fragmented occlusion will bring some scattered *wintry* showers southwards. They are more likely to affect Norfolk/Suffolk than anywhere else, because each time the models update they get shifted eastwards! Anyway T850's will be -5C, HGT500-1000 will be within the 528dam, so there is a reasonable chance of some snow flurries in the far east. Beyond that it looks mostly dry, so no snow unfortunately :(

Just had one half an hour ago, a snowy/sleet blizzard. The showers are quite intense, but very scattered and are coming down N/S from the Wash.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

It was fun while it lasted....not just the snow, but the hopes of snow and the prospects of one of the coldest februarys for a long long time as the models were strongly hinting at even colder weather to come....

Well it looks like the party's just about over now. I don't know about anyone else, but I think the excitement produced some form of adrenalin that kept me going....but these last couple of days I've been feeling absolutely drained! ;)

Edited by Timmytour

Posted
It was fun while it lasted....not just the snow, but the hopes of snow and the prospects of one of the coldest februarys for a long long time as the models were strongly hinting at even colder weather to come....

Well it looks like the party's just about over now. I don't know about anyone else, but I think the excitement produced some form of adrenalin that kept me going....but these last couple of days I've been feeling absolutely drained! ;)

me too. drained by the dump! ;)

Posted
The wintry showers promised for this afternoon have arrived...and its raining. :doh::D

Very curious really as on my NW radar they are definitely pink... i.e. snow. There's a dark pink blob just about to hit, although the uppers are just about ok, the dewpoint's still 2° C, so I don't see how it can snow.

Why is the radar showing snow, it's never happened before, sometimes it'll show sleet or even rain and be snowing merrily, but showing snow and getting rain will be a first.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
The wintry showers promised for this afternoon have arrived...and its raining. :doh::D

Why has the midlands thread been closed ?

Sleet here

Posted

I'm working in Cambridge and there's a dark-pink blob over the city on the radar - it's only rain, though. :doh:

Posted
Why has the midlands thread been closed ?

Government cutbacks, you've had more than your share of snow up there and the money that would normally be spent on gritting and clearing Midlands roads is being used for bonuses for bankers :doh:

Edited by Coast

Posted
Government cutbacks, you've had more than your share of snow up there and the money that would normally be spent on gritting and clearing Midlands roads is being used for bonuses for bankers :doh:

But not any old bankers... they have to be bankers trusted as Treasury advisors and FSA chairmen.

Could anyone tell me why my radar snow is rain? Doesn't the radar take into account the dewpoints? Or is it starting off as snow and melting on the way down?

Posted

We've got snow, sleet and rain all at the same time — it's not looking like settling as everything's soaked.

I make a public apology to my NW radar — but snow with a dp of 1–2° C??