Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Midlands, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted
yes - just a blip here k19 - coming down heavy again - even the breeze is picking up

:rolleyes:

lets hope it falls long enough for a layer in your area.

Posted

expect the lot E yorks coast line and into N sea to start coming inland starting from now, it will still be snowing come 8pm tonight in hull mark my words on it! massive covering now, would be interesting too see how reef is doing in his little micro climate.

I have an inch here easily maybe more in places.

P.S ROADS PATHS EVERYTHING COVERED

Posted

as night falls the temperature is doing so likewise (its 0.4c at the moment), and more snow is settling

theres about 1cm generally, but a little patchy, but this is the first real fall so far this winter, and its nice to see <_<

enjoy it folks, i'm off to get my tea B)

Posted
expect the lot E yorks coast line and into N sea to start coming inland starting from now, it will still be snowing come 8pm tonight in hull mark my words on it! massive covering now, would be interesting too see how reef is doing in his little micro climate.

I have an inch here easily maybe more in places.

P.S ROADS PATHS EVERYTHING COVERED

Andrew, you expect the stuff out in the N.Sea to start coming inland? O.M.G. <_<

Posted
Andrew, you expect the stuff out in the N.Sea to start coming inland? O.M.G. <_<

The band will push SW, its gunna follow the PVA B) hence why we are getting rapid intensification constantly.

Ill be more technical, as the PVA pushes SW later the precip will move SW and intensify/build. With it fragmenting for us later on. So as the PVA pushes south west off the N SEA, the precip will sink SW with it B)

Edited by Hurricane Andrew

Posted
The band will push SW, its gunna follow the PVA <_< hence why we are getting rapid intensification constantly.

I hope these dewpoints and temps hold out, we have a slight thaw setting in here, although the precip is still very light it is snow.

Posted
I hope these dewpoints and temps hold out, we have a slight thaw setting in here, although the precip is still very light it is snow.

max dews* will rise too is 0c. so from now until 3am dews will be -1 to -0. Temps will hit freezing shortly, already 0.3c here now. Plus daylight is almost over. Its going to be hazardous tomorrow and tonight of course on the roads. More so in morning when its all frozen

Edited by Hurricane Andrew

Posted

the 850's are increasing all the time, accord to NW extrra radar overlay, has been -7 , now about -6.4 soon to be -6 and climbing quite rapidly. I expect to see some sleetiness in the next few hours at lower levels anyway.

Posted
the 850's are increasing all the time, accord to NW extrra radar overlay, has been -7 , now about -6.4 soon to be -6 and climbing quite rapidly. I expect to see some sleetiness in the next few hours at lower levels anyway.

ill givbe you a little tip in this scenario, forget the 850's when they get to -2 start worryings

Posted

I just can't see how this is going to start moving south west, the front is south east, as it has all day. But I stand to be corrected, so will wath the radar with interest.

How long do you think south yorkshire will continue to see this?

Posted
I have a good 2 inches on every surface, road is a whiteout and half the depth to the kerb. everything white. :D me 1 happy boy

Excellent B) The lampost near me isn't working :lol: :lol: :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
The band will push SW, its gunna follow the PVA :doh: hence why we are getting rapid intensification constantly.

Ill be more technical, as the PVA pushes SW later the precip will move SW and intensify/build. With it fragmenting for us later on. So as the PVA pushes south west off the N SEA, the precip will sink SW with it :lol:

Hi great post there, so if thats right , may i ask why the bbc dont pick up on this ??? i hope it will push that ppn over hear into the midlands!? comments welcome , thanks

Posted

Still snowing heavily, a covering on all surfaces now:

post-2418-1234458855_thumb.jpg

Temperature 0.4C, dewpoint -0.7C.

The journey to work in 45 minutes should be interesting!

Posted
The band will push SW, its gunna follow the PVA :doh: hence why we are getting rapid intensification constantly.

Ill be more technical, as the PVA pushes SW later the precip will move SW and intensify/build. With it fragmenting for us later on. So as the PVA pushes south west off the N SEA, the precip will sink SW with it :lol:

Is this wishfull thinking? I see absolutly no evidence on forecasts to state this is going to happen. Im interested though to what makes you think this will happen.

Posted

to sum this up so far, all the intense stuff has missed us to the east and now the west lol :doh: :lol:

Posted

:doh: :lol: Its snowing a good un here, already a good covering (sheet stylee not wooly blanket) and it does not look like giving up any time soon. Very dark and has been doing it since 4.15 pm

:lol: keep it up I say