Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Midlands, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted
to sum this up so far, all the intense stuff has missed us to the east and now the west lol :doh: :lol:

Im further west of you in Sheffield and I can confirm that although the radar is showing moderate snow - its not. Looking at wider comments it seems that this is an issue elsewhere as well. Starnage - I would love to have an explaination as to why this occurs from one of our knowledgeable members?

We barely have a dusting here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

:cc_confused: OK, is it just me, or is Nottingham starting to have the snow turn into rain???? There is deffo a nice dusting down, but I can't see the snow on lampost duty, it looks suspiciously like rain now! That's it- (sound of running down stairs) I'm going to go check outside... I hope it stays as snow though! <_<

(out of breath from running back upstairs) Nope! It's still snowing!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!! :D

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted
Im further west of you in Sheffield and I can confirm that although the radar is showing moderate snow - its not. Looking at wider comments it seems that this is an issue elsewhere as well. Starnage - I would love to have an explaination as to why this occurs from one of our knowledgeable members?

We barely have a dusting here.

seriously????????????????? very very weird because we have a 1-2cm covering here but its been moderate to light past 30mins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
:D:cc_confused: Now its Torrential SNOWING!!!!!! Finally!!!! <_< :D:drunk:

Posted

Still snowing lightly, around 4-5cm of snow has fallen over the last 5 hours, the good thing is the slight thaw we had earlier has stopped :cc_confused: .

Posted
Still snowing lightly, around 4-5cm of snow has fallen over the last 5 hours, the good thing is the slight thaw we had earlier has stopped :D .

Getting heavier now. I wasn't expecting a few inches today :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well what can I say!? I went out at 4:15pm to go to Asda, I said on here that all the heavy stuff was missing Leicester to our East and as soon as I left the house it started snowing quite moderately, been snowing moderate to heavy now for the past hour and everywhere is white even the main road. Looking on the radar it seems it really pepped up loads after I left, can't believe it!

Posted

Just picked my wife up from town, god that was scary snow covering all the main roads!!!!! Got hoome safely and built my first snow man of the winter!!! 3 inch on grass :D

Posted
Well what can I say!? I went out at 4:15pm to go to Asda, I said on here that all the heavy stuff was missing Leicester to our East and as soon as I left the house it started snowing quite moderately, been snowing moderate to heavy now for the past hour and everywhere is white even the main road. Looking on the radar it seems it really pepped up loads after I left, can't believe it!

yep and all that pepped up 10miles west of me, missed out on that :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
yep and all that pepped up 10miles west of me, missed out on that :D

Sorry mate :D Looks like you have some snow falling though... Is it?

Posted

Seems the precipitation is now on a more southerly track :) . Should be good for the midlands particularly Notts/Lincs borders :D .

Snow beginning to accumulate rapidly with the heavier stuff moving in :D .

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Amazing Light snow which has now stopped. Net weather extra radar has under green so it's thrown another wobbly as it was very light snow and now is dry.

Posted

Just went for a fag and witnessed 4 almost big accidents, i want to go to comet and buy my new 50" inch HD screen, ordered a taxi and it be here in over an hour and a half! telephone boxing typical 3 inches of snow and i cant get a taxi. still its snowing heavy still.

Posted

Unexpected snowfall is always the best-- woke up to a forecast of a wintry mix-- logged onto met office site and saw severe warning at 3pm-- white all over with heavy snow at 6pm-- completely wasnt expecting it and conditions are already far worse than the Winter Storm in Nottingham city!

Posted

Heavy Ice pellets now, rather strange weather this, Bit annoyed to be honest, got used to the melted snow, then it snows again, now looks like its turning to rain washing the 1 inch away we have had in the last hour. Typical

Im waiting for the front to push SW now, will it or wont it :D