Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Midlands, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted
Does anyone know what the heck has happened? The GFS predicted this band of PPN to come straight down the centre of England, instead it's moved way out into the North Sea and just clipping the North East coasts. It looks like it will miss Leicester but the BBC predicted 2-5cm for us this evening. That band of precip has fooled the models and the forecasters lol.

still ment to be though with the local forecast, so wait and see and check radar at 5pm, its confusing me loads, sayin its gone lighter here but its thicker flakes and now GETTIN HEAVIER :cc_confused::drinks:

Posted

No consistency here at the minute, just when you think it is getting going, the next minute it's back to light snow :cc_confused: .

Edit- pepping up again???

Posted
No consistency here at the minute, just when you think it is getting going, the next minute it's back to light snow :cc_confused: .

just happend here mate lol anoying aint it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well confused lol. The radar said that we have had light PPN over us since 2pm, what has happened? Notthing! No light rain, no drizzle, no light snow lol.

Posted
No consistency here at the minute, just when you think it is getting going, the next minute it's back to light snow :wallbash: .

yeah the radar shows heavy and the opposite happens :lol:

never mind though because we have a covering AGAIN B)

Posted
yeah the radar shows heavy and the opposite happens :lol:

never mind though because we have a covering AGAIN B)

i still say bbc will be right because 12z models show it shifting west later so..... lets seee :):wallbash:

OMG ITS GETTIN DARK, also SHIFTED WEST WOOP bbc are now looking good as they said it would happen at 4pm!

Posted
i still say bbc will be right because 12z models show it shifting west later so..... lets seee :lol: :wallbash:

OMG ITS GETTIN DARK, also SHIFTED WEST WOOP bbc are now looking good as they said it would happen at 4pm!

lol

Edited by Hurricane Andrew

Posted
No offence but do you always talk crap?

when im confused and hope nowcasting then yeah, sorry :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
i still say bbc will be right because 12z models show it shifting west later so..... lets seee B) :wallbash:

Hehe but for Doncaster the heaviest of the PPN is just North of you and moving towards you now.. in Leicester the Heaviest PPN is moving East of us and we are getting light bits that aren't even falling out of the sky lol. The GFS is wrong aswell cos at this time it shows the heaviest right over Central England, like Central Yorkshire, Pennines etc... instead the bulk of it is half in the North Sea and half over East Yorkshire. So it's 100 miles further East than the models said it would be :lol:

Good news for people in Lincolnshire though, so this shift of PPN to the East has been good news for them :) Not so good for me! Gahhh

Posted
when im confused and hope nowcasting then yeah, sorry :wallbash:

lol it was a joke, you make me laugh actually.

But yeh, western flank will intensify around about now or around 6-7pm. If you look at the radar now u can see its starting to happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
i still say bbc will be right because 12z models show it shifting west later so..... lets seee :lol: :wallbash:

Any ideas why this retrogression is happening , it looked so depressing hear after seeing it all shif eastwards but now i have hope! i also are seeing my 1st few flakes so i live in hope!

Posted
i still say bbc will be right because 12z models show it shifting west later so..... lets seee B) :wallbash:

I hope you end up getting a good covering aswell mate :lol:

Posted
lol it was a joke, you make me laugh actually.

But yeh, western flank will intensify around about now or around 6-7pm. If you look at the radar now u can see its starting to happen

yeah getting a lil bit more steadier now.

Posted

the snow is falling that fast that visibility here is reduced to fog limits !!! :wallbash:

Posted

According to the radar East of York is taking a good hit at the minute, anyone confirm this?

We now have our usual 3cm :wallbash:

Edited by Cal2

Posted
the snow is falling that fast that visibility here is reduced to fog limits !!! :wallbash:

if there was wind then it could of been a white out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still coming down in spalding lincs, roads look ok but all other ground is white over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
:wallbash: :lol: B) Woo-HOO!!!!!! I too, have prayed to the weather gods, and not a lie, within 30 seconds it started to SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! It might be a little sleety, but there is still white stuff in that mix!!! YEEE-HAAAWWWWW!!!!! Come on snow- don't fail me now!!!!!!

Posted

Where on earth did this come from! I must say this event completely passed me by when looking at the models. It looks like quite a large area of precipitation aswell, so there could be some good totals from this.

Currently 0.9C with moderate/heavy snow and a good dusting on grass and cars. Its a little bit wet to lay on the roads yet, but as it gets heavier this should improve.

On night shift again so should be able to watch this :wallbash: