Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Louby

Posted
Hi mate - I was wondering if this was going to miss us after it stopped earlier. Be nice to get a bonus covering, even if it won't stick till morning.

Hi mate. :)

Looks like there could be some more heavy snow on the way here. :)

The M1 in beds/bucks has it partially covered by snow so that should head this way!. :)

if this gets heavier which it should do we could get a good covering and if it doesn't sleet/rain ttemps will get below 0c about -1c to -2c so it could freeze and last but the wet surfaces will freeze.

Posted

Snowing v heavily on North Norfolk coast settling beautifully too but think its a case of too little too late now though, but am enjoying watching it anyway

Posted

It's snowing really, really heavily here, the roads and pavements that had cleared are now white again..... If my school is closed tomorrow I am going in come what may! I've got so much to do before half term..... please can someone tell me if this is going to last all night????

Thanks

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
Snowing v heavily on North Norfolk coast settling beautifully too but think its a case of too little too late now though, but am enjoying watching it anyway

Light snow started in N Suffolk 30 minutes ago.

Now heavier and settling on cars only so far.

Edited by bbtablet

Posted

This is all pretty impressive considering i'd switched off from watching the models after the wintry debacle last week! Does anyone know if this is expected to be a notable event?

Still moderate snow starting to settle in places now! :)

Current temp: 0.5C and the dew is sitting around -1C

Edited by MattS

Posted
I am sitting at a temperature of 0.8C and a dewpoint of -0-5C so all good....

And shock, horror, the first flakes of snow can be seen under the lamp-post! At last! :)

Moderate snow falling here too, just down the road from you.yippee. :) 0c. i think it's getting heavier too, but obviously not settling yet.

Posted

Absolutely dry as a bone here. Don't expect to see anything now. Also local Beeb forecast did not look promising for areas south west of London.

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
I am sitting at a temperature of 0.8C and a dewpoint of -0-5C so all good....

And shock, horror, the first flakes of snow can be seen under the lamp-post! At last! :)

Hey Paul... finally...!!! Nice for you... :)

Do you know if it will reach as far south as Brighton..? Hopefully it will. My temp is 2.1C and dewpoint is -1.1C so it will be good if it does.. :)

Posted

has been snowing on and off here since about half past three quite heavily at times. Settling on cold surfaces quite nicely.

Have not had time to keep up with the model thread recently so it was rather a pleasant surprise.

Posted

very heavy snow here now, everything its going white, the snow is even starting to settle on main roads, have not seen one gritter around the area either, they better start getting to work :)

Posted

Started here at about 5.00pm and is still doing it. I hope it clears soon, I need to get to work tomorrow.