Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion Part 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

lol....Yes Pat, the metoffice warnings for heavy rain just dont 'cut the mustard' compared with the NWS severe storm/tornado warnings!...

Posted

ther is a bit of a break in the clouds above me. over to my west it is very dark

Posted

Good morning all, not been on this site for a few years now. Here in Cheltenham we have has really heavy rain all morning, lighter now but i see the met office has upgraded the warnings for this area up to 100mm on high ground!!!! thats the same levels as July 2007, could this be as bad? :rolleyes:

Posted

very heavy here and dark! Its chucking it down with rain

and the bottom of our street is flooding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Rain stopped here now and seems that the cell to the southwest towards Exeter is loosing its electrical activity.

Posted

If we do get these large amounts of rain its going to be fun driving round here in Bishops cleeve quite a few of the roads are always flooding :rolleyes:

Posted
If we do get these large amounts of rain its going to be fun driving round here in Bishops cleeve quite a few of the roads are always flooding :rolleyes:

are u not getting any heavy rain atm then?

Posted

Which way is this storm coming from, as I just been stood in the window watching and the clouds are coming from a n/e direction?

Posted
Which way is this storm coming from, as I just been stood in the window watching and the clouds are coming from a n/e direction?

persistant heavy rain here, with the odd torrential burst. massive puddles forming here too.

Posted

Even tho metoffice has us down for a warning of heavy thundery rain its not likely that storms will break out just gunna be a washout.

Posted

yea its NE but all the heavy stuff is currently circling over south/central parts

its still very heavy rain here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
If we do get these large amounts of rain its going to be fun driving round here in Bishops cleeve quite a few of the roads are always flooding :D

Hi twister, :)

I am also in Cleeve.Quite some heavy rain overnight as you know.Let's hope we don't have all that flooding back again. :(

Posted

Morning people, Just light showers here earlier but the sky was rather dark towards the west earlier when I woke up associated with that thunderstorm with torrential rain just the other side of Exeter. Apparently there was a rumble of thunder heard here earlier from that but I was :D

Interestingly the surface winds are NW but just above the surface they seem to be S/SE which was creating some interesting scud movements including a rather rapid but brief horizontal swirling of a some cloud as it got caught up between the two wind directions.

Could be a lot of rain later here!

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

Hiya nice to speak to someone so close to home, do you think we are going to see more heavy rain, we are still under the warning, if we do bet the road by smiths floods again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Hiya nice to speak to someone so close to home, do you think we are going to see more heavy rain, we are still under the warning, if we do bet the road by smiths floods again!

I expect there is a lot more rain to come according to the Met Office. The rain at the moment has eased away from us on the radar,but plenty more this afternoon! I expect there will be flooding down by Smiths again.

Posted

the rain got much lighter here for a few minutes but its getting darker again

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Worst of it moving through west Midlands into Wales now by the looks of it, so most of the Midlands should see a drier afternoon. Moderate rain here recently started, heavy stuff just to our east.