Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted

But what about me and poor old Harry :lol: Stop hogging all the Storms Carter!!! :wub:

**Harry if it gets into the 30's it is sure to end with an almighty bang, will get the pictures for you whilst you are away** :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Well I'm surprised she's confident if the Met Office's confident is at "rock bottom"

Well I think I am right in thinking she is a competent, qualified meterologist with many years experience! No reason she shouldn't confident - the MetO on the other hand...2009 not been the best for them really has it.

Peter Cockroft for the London forecast on monday (as I live close to the border, I can get Peter for London or Kaddy for Kent) said 'expect a drenching' :wub:

But what about me and poor old Harry Stop hogging all the Storms Carter!!!

**Harry if it gets into the 30's it is sure to end with an almighty bang, will get the pictures for you whilst you are away**

There's been enough occasions in the last few years, whereby its been roasting hot AND humid, only for a complete dweeb of a cold front to come in a gently nudge the heat out of the way, with no fireworks! Hopefully if the 30s heat and humidity lasts all week, I'll be back early enough for the displays (Fri 26th evening)...fingers crossed. I will have my laptop with me keeping an exceptionally close eye on developments :D

Edited by Harry

Posted

lol.....dont worry Paul......Isobel said the ESSEX drought is about to end :D

with the odd Super cell

she is fully qualified.....she studies and as access to thee met office daTA

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Well I think I am right in thinking she is a competent, qualified meterologist with many years experience!

true :D i suppose Sky weather presenters don't have to keep "hush hush" and only say what the Met Office want them to say, like the BBC :wub:

Posted
yes thats the one :lol: :D

well i thought she was good on the BBC with her predictions...

anyway she as been looking at the charts and sounds confident.....

If she gets it wrong i will have to cross her off my valentines list...lol

Im going to get prepared for this one just in case..camera's ready...

Sunday will be a crucial time :wub:

Jo , well at least its more promising than the other day

Well, as long as the METO don't put out a warning for us!!! If they do I know it's game over :lol:

Posted

Paul I wonder if these MC'S are going be like the Plainview or Clinton Storms(lightning) :D :wub:

more like the Dallas lightning IF we are lucky...hope so.....

just like a great fantastic MCS from the old days...the Dallas one I mean

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I have had a good look around on the Net,,,,,,Not much mentioning widespread Thunderstorms..

What is Isobel looking at..........anyone got any info on what she is looking at.. :D

Edited by dogs32

Posted

GFS not keen on the idea of a heatwave next weekend, at the moment!!

The weekend after that though - raaaaaaar!!!

Posted

ok from Isobel....lol

Monday widespread heavy showers with hail...Thundery in places...

this was on Sky multi.so I dont know when it was recorded.........

Channel 4 earlier she said widespread TS,,,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
ok from Isobel....lol

Monday widespread heavy showers with hail...Thundery in places...

this was on Sky multi.so I dont know when it was recorded.........

Channel 4 earlier she said widespread TS,,,,,

Looks like I'm gonna end up watching yer videos at this rate dogs if we get nowt lol.Hope you got my PM

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

So? , doesn't mean anything as far as im concerned. Now if she is good at forecasting the weather with high accuracy then that'd be different ( as if ! )

Posted

no didnt get pm.Jane.......

Anyway normaly Isobel from the past is usaully good at forecasts so some hope I feel...

So we will just have to keep an eye on some of the Senior forecasters on here and the charts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A quick question......members are mentioning 30C+ for next weekend....Where have they got this info from??.....GFS predicts around 20C for the south east next W/E with the warmest (low 20's) in central england...and even that is pure F.I at this stage...Any clues?

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

So? , doesn't mean anything as far as im concerned. Now if she is good at forecasting the weather with high accuracy then that'd be different ( as if ! )

well I would rather listen to her than a quite a few of them And no forecaster is God..

a bit of a stupid response Neil......If the MCS turn up you just might have to unplug your comp.. :D

AJ I have also heard through the web pipe line similar...Summer at last maybe

Edited by dogs32

Posted
A quick question......members are mentioning 30C+ for next weekend....Where have they got this info from??.....GFS predicts around 20C for the south east next W/E with the warmest (low 20's) in central england...and even that is pure F.I at this stage...Any clues?

My local BBC forecaster Kaddy mentioned that we may (by far from a certainty) reach the 30's by next weekend :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
AJ I have also heard through the web pipe line similar...Summer at last maybe
My local BBC forecaster Kaddy mentioned that we may (by far from a certainty) reach the 30's by next weekend :wub:

Cool.......Heat, Sun, no work, bbq, large quantities of ale, and for desert, an after dinner thunderstorm.....lovely jubbly :D

Posted
A quick question......members are mentioning 30C+ for next weekend....Where have they got this info from

ECMWF Suggesting 28-30c for next weekend I am led to believe from other sources, but if I told you I would have to kill you :D

Posted
ECMWF Suggesting 28-30c for next weekend I am led to believe from other sources, but if I told you I would have to kill you :D

Here's hoping! (the bit about the heat next W/E.....not the bit about killing me.... :wub: )

Posted
Here's hoping! (the bit about the heat next W/E.....not the bit about killing me.... :D )

is it me or have the beeb just shown last nights forecast on weatherview?

Posted

Todays frontal cloud has broken up somewhat and some quite reasonably high bubbling cumulus have come from nowhere a bit unexpected.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
ECMWF Suggesting 28-30c for next weekend I am led to believe from other sources, but if I told you I would have to kill you

ECMWF forecasts I've just seen are suggesting L pressure to be hovering directly over the UK by next weekend - relatively warm pool of air though, so may bring some thundery activity. Cannot see how though looking at the CURRENT models 28C-30C would be achievable.

With H pressure though scooting across the UK to be replaced by Low pressure, any slight change to the position of the L and H pressure systems could see a decent plume set up, at the same time could see prevailing W/SW bringing similar rubbish June has brought so far.

What I have noticed though is a domination of L pressure systems around the Med including Portugal - so despite the reputation for unbroken sunshine I may be in for a big treat :D

EDIT - Latest GFS has pushed the storm risk for tomorrow evening ever so slightly further North, with now coastal areas of Kent in for a very small chance. If it keeps nudging North throughout tonight and tomorrow morning - Paul S's source just MAY be onto something....but this is a lot to ask 24 hours in advance! Will keep watching though....Estofex and UKASF have put out their forecasts for tomorrow and they seem confident it will hit Benelux as opposed to Kesurex! :( . N Ireland and Scotland looking very good though...lucky!

Edited by Harry

Posted
ECMWF forecasts I've just seen are suggesting L pressure to be hovering directly over the UK by next weekend - relatively warm pool of air though, so may bring some thundery activity. Cannot see how though looking at the CURRENT models 28C-30C would be achievable.

With H pressure though scooting across the UK to be replaced by Low pressure, any slight change to the position of the L and H pressure systems could see a decent plume set up, at the same time could see prevailing W/SW bringing similar rubbish June has brought so far.

What I have noticed though is a domination of L pressure systems around the Med including Portugal - so despite the reputation for unbroken sunshine I may be in for a big treat :D

EDIT - Latest GFS has pushed the storm risk for tomorrow evening ever so slightly further North, with now coastal areas of Kent in for a very small chance. If it keeps nudging North throughout tonight and tomorrow morning - Paul S's source just MAY be onto something....but this is a lot to ask 24 hours in advance! Will keep watching though....Estofex and UKASF have put out their forecasts for tomorrow and they seem confident it will hit Benelux as opposed to Kesurex! :( . N Ireland and Scotland looking very good though...lucky!

I might take a ferry to Ireland and chase some storms there, and then catch a quick flight back to the Belgium for the evening :(

Wednesday looks interesting, long way to go, but the southerly winds from the High to our northeast pull the 564 dam ever closer, mixing with the approaching cold front - bang perhaps? :(

http://212.100.247.145/fax/PPVO89.png

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

I'd say!! Monday is well and truly back on, and with a trough expected to run through from roughly NW to SE, A CHANCE FOR THE SE!!! I shall get out the bunting...well, in the real hope it doesnt snatch the chance right from under us!

Unfortunately, Tuesday's chances have disappeared completely.

Still got a thin veil of hope for tomorrow night - L pressure is expected to move up/develop over C France throughout the course of tomorrow, with weather fronts to the North, probably the culprit for the Benelux bonanza and tantalisingly close to the channel! I just have a gut feeling - considering Estofex, UKASF and most importantly the MetO are seemingly giving it no pause for thought - there's hope :D