Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted
Yeah there is plenty of time for change but it around Monday does look quite possible for thundery showers. :cray:

Aye, lets hope that those who have yet to see thundery showers get their turn next week.

I haven't seen one for a long while now.

Posted
Next Monday possibly holds a very good chance chance almost everywhere except the far north and south east. :cray:

That will be the SE NO STORMS BUBBLE HAHA!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Had a couple of ok storms come through at lunchtime (given I've just come back from the states, it's hard too get THAT excited, but they were pretty nice for uk standards. Rain was pretty torrential with some nice crashes of thunder. I was stuck in work with no chance of getting out due to current and foreseeable workloads, so I missed out on a chance to get on the tornadoes reported just south of us in East yorkshire. I've only seen pictures of funnels mind you so far so perhaps nothing ever touched down...

Just seen some pictures of some respectable sized hail which fell here in other parts of scarborough earlier on. Looked a little irregular in shape and maybe 0.5"-0.75" in diameter.... Real shame I couldn't get out :cray:

Edited by Gorky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Even Meto says Monday holds the risk of heavy and thundery showers. Of course it's too early when it comes to thundery showers/storms but at least it's something to look ahead to. After yesterdays barrage of storms in the Midlands and Wales I'm only left wanting more :cray:

Lol we musnt be too greedy- im on 6 storms for 2009 so far, some have barely had more than 1 and a few at 0!

Then again last year we had to wait ages for our storms though when we did get it it was a whopper-July 28th 2008!

Monday does look quite possible for action now-been showing for a few days something will happen around then. :doh:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
WONT BE LONG NOW I THINK.

Very disappointing it turned out to be-one rumble of thunder and that was it with a moderate rain shower-why oh why d'ont we get the storms of yesteryear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow.

Just had small thunderstorm over Margate.

Came from no where and took me by suprise.

Was some hail in it.

now moveing out to sea and getting stronger.

Dave H.

Posted
Just had small thunderstorm over Margate.

Came from no where and took me by suprise.

Was some hail in it.

now moveing out to sea and getting stronger.

Dave H.

:doh: that just sums it up!

Just spotted those sferics on the ATD :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

was just looking at a big cell due east of me in Bexleyheath, must be the Margate one shame its going the wrong way!

Posted

We have some amazing Towering Cumulus here in South Essex with dark bases but not a lot else happening, some of the best convection I have seen in a Long Time here. Watching the bases intently and will post some piccies up in a bit. Thats about as good as it gets around here in the Desert! Nice Clouds, No precip and certainly no storms.

Paul S

Posted
:( that just sums it up!

Just spotted those sferics on the ATD :doh:

This is the shower that formed over UKStormChasers house,time it whizzed through here, i managed three splodges of rain out of it,it was no bigger than my back garden[give or take 1000ft],it was that small i could have caught it in a jar,if i could have jumped that high :doh::cray:

post-8172-1244745531_thumb.jpg

Posted
There is a few heavy showers popped up over Sheppey MW,can you not see them?Wonder if neilsouth is snapping away? :p

Hadn't been looking tbh, but just went outside and yeah there is a whole train of CB's in the distance :p

Posted
Hadn't been looking tbh, but just went outside and yeah there is a whole train of CB's in the distance :p

I also forgot about the six hundred foot hill in your way too :p

Edited by TN9

Posted
Here they are from the North

post-24-1244747207_thumb.jpg

post-24-1244747231_thumb.jpg

post-24-1244747286_thumb.jpg

Paul S

They formed a bit quick,wonder if it had anything to do with the high dp's in that area earlier?or was that a misreading?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Great views and photos paul and mw!

Posted

As i was driving home they were building to my South right along the Estuary. GFS Did hint at a Convergence Zone around the 18z timescale so fair play to that model. It is times like this you want darkness to fall sooner as there may have been a chance at some Lightning :p:p

The Line of TCU Is still to my SW At the moment (The end of the train so to speak) so if it can continue to backbuild around darkness there is a shot. But looks like the main activity has gone through just to early.

Paul S

Posted
Then again last year we had to wait ages for our storms though when we did get it it was a whopper-July 28th 2008!

:p Didn`t have to wait long last year January 17th a thundery shower just to the north lasting 70 minutes got to be a record in length in winter as I`ve seen. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow.
Ive just had a rumble!

dont think it will do much, but its a start

make that 2!

Yep - just had number 2 full on in margate.

great looking back edge.

Dave h.