Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
Pictures on very shortly guys.................sorry for the delay. Have been speaking with the Daily Mirror to see if they would like them.

Seasons

Your selling out! :doh: :lol:

I hope your pics are good, i'm sure they are! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just got back from a good storm run down the A45 this afternoon/evening.....A great storm near Solihull/Kennelworth this afternoon, and another electrified cell further east near Northampton.....and got some good pics of the western flank on the multi-cell (linear MCS?) that affected areas near cambridge, the anvil stretched right across the eastern skyline!

just been scrolling through the pages and having a good giggle at the moaning West Midlanders..... :doh:

Posted

Well, must say, I have been chuffed with the 2 storms this evening (the 2nd one being more spectacular than the first), especially as I was expecting a big let down for the SE area of the UK. Its starting to clear now, and just had a pretty good sunset :doh:

Posted
Pictures on very shortly guys.................sorry for the delay.

Seasons

cool :doh: i'll look forward to seeing them :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Your selling out! :doh: :lol:

I hope your pics are good, i'm sure they are! :)

Heritage! LOL

Right, I'll start getting my pictures uploaded along with a short post about my journey.........

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hehehe, those cells now in the S Midlands (if thats a place) are now heading SE - my way - lets hope that can keep some umpf!! :lol: ...or is that being greedy?? :doh:

just seen some amazing lightning east of here

That be what's heading SE then :( watch out NW London, you should be on the receiving end of that...first anyway :)

Edited by Harry

Posted

The funnel cloud we saw today was beautiful, turned East and had the Base in front of us with a Perfect Funnel 1/3 way to the Ground, any Funnel Pics Seasons ??

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun
Hehehe, those cells now in the S Midlands (if thats a place) are now heading SE - my way - lets hope that can keep some umpf!! :lol: ...or is that being greedy?? :doh:

That be what's heading SE then :( watch out NW London, you should be on the receiving end of that...first anyway :)

could i have it when your done please lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Well done Harry. :doh:

As you state some impressive lightning near here too, (We're just down the road from Blackheath). Cell really seem to intensify just to the east of here towards Kent/London border. As storm moved away was pitch black towards the east, I guess Dartford way.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Hope this will work. Sorry for the poor quility - phone :doh:

Really white funnel to the left of centre of the photo.

post-8324-1245098729_thumb.jpg

Posted
could i have it when your done please lol

Sure! Not sure there'll be anything left by the time they make it here - judging by the pace of those cells they won't be here until midnight!

Besides, Deal has hardly been light of some pretty spectacular storm activity this year.

Posted

Faint thunder in the distance, hopefully these cells heading my way will pack a few punches :doh:

Im all up for that perfect nightime lightning display, if it's good enough, i'll send a link to a live feed from my webcam :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

Just came home from work in Tunbridge wells, saw some great growth to the north on way home along the A264 Tunbridge wells to east grinstead route.

I managed to take 3 pictures.

1st is in Tunbridge wells looking north

2nd is in Blackham to the west of t.wells looking north east, noticed the cloud formation growing quickly, i stopped and could see it growing.

3rd is on the eastern edge of east grinstead looking north, the formation has massively grown.

1st around 8:30PM, 2nd around 8:45 and 3rd around 9:10

post-4193-1245099100_thumb.jpg

post-4193-1245099117_thumb.jpg

post-4193-1245099136_thumb.jpg

Edited by MPfreeUK

Posted

Has cleared up here now so there goes my odds of seeing anything.

Hopefully chance will favour me with an isolated heat generated storm with the warmth this week since there is always that potential.

On another note those storms to the south east over the ocean look pretty active so it looks like there could be some night time fireworks for any of you down there

Posted
Faint thunder in the distance, hopefully these cells heading my way will pack a few punches :doh:

Im all up for that perfect nightime lightning display, if it's good enough, i'll send a link to a live feed from my webcam :lol:

The live link you posted earlier didn't work. Well it didn't here at least.

ETA just saw lightning and heard thunder in MK

Edited by lizzieloo202

Posted
Just got back from a good storm run down the A45 this afternoon/evening.....A great storm near Solihull/Kennelworth this afternoon, and another electrified cell further east near Northampton.....and got some good pics of the western flank on the multi-cell (linear MCS?) that affected areas near cambridge, the anvil stretched right across the eastern skyline!

just been scrolling through the pages and having a good giggle at the moaning West Midlanders..... :lol:

Exactly what i was thinking! Our time will come Midlanders, don't you worry! We'll show these pesky Southerners :rolleyes:

Posted
Exactly what i was thinking! Our time will come Midlanders, don't you worry! We'll show these pesky Southerners :rolleyes:

you already have! :lol: numerous times have we sat here feeling depressed because the Midlands always bagged the storms. Now today the boot was on the other foot and you now understand how we felt :p We till have a lot of catching up to do :D

Posted
you already have! numerous times have we sat here feeling depressed because the Midlands always bagged the storms. Now today the boot was on the other foot and you now understand how we felt We till have a lot of catching up to do

It will be painful for those 'pesky' Midlanders if those cells leaving Glos, survive their migration SE! Its one thing to have the storms when they don't, it's quite another pinching one from their back yard, lol :rolleyes:

Edited by Harry

Posted
It will be painful for those 'pesky' Midlanders if those cells leaving Glos, survive their migration SE! Its one thing to have the storms when they don't, it's quite another pinching one from their back yard, lol :D

:lol: fingers crossed they do then! :p

There's a difference, the storms you all got today were by the sounds of it ten times more intense than the ones we've been getting, even the ones last Wednesday although had some good CGs cannot compare to the sheer frequency of lightning EA got today. Was ridiculous amounts strikes and it would take something special to beat that.

not in this part of Kent it wasn't. We had one storm around 3pm with torrential rain and small hail, about 10 loud rumbles but no lightning. Just a bog-standard UK thunderstorm, nothing spectacular and certainly no CGs like you snapped on Wednesday :D:rolleyes:

Posted
It will be painful for those 'pesky' Midlanders if those cells leaving Glos, survive their migration SE! Its one thing to have the storms when they don't, it's quite another pinching one from their back yard, lol :rolleyes:

i love the way its becoming a competition between the midlands and SE for the best thunderstorm activity.all i can say is this, neither can be compared to our south eastern neighbour, and tbh, its a very close call between which has the better storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I'm in Cheltenham (Glos) and missed out on those storms by about 10 miles or less!

They have developed a lot since they went past here.

It's currently raining now but there isn't any electrical activity.

We may have lots of "storms" but here so far they've just been a case of a couple of rumbles and a couple of lightning bolts, not the proper severe things that you have been seeing in the SE!

Edited by 03jtrickey

Posted

is that it for london/surrey tonight? had a few bits of lightning and a few bangs about 7pm.......

Posted

just been scrolling through the pages and having a good giggle at the moaning West Midlanders..... :rolleyes:

You must be mistaken. Nothing interesting happened here bar a 5 minute light rain shower.

Sigh. Roll on winter 09/10.

Posted

Dont know if this hasnt been posted yet but here is a pic of the storm i was talking about earlier, the lightning is hitting a skyscraper in Leeds center post-8968-1245100280_thumb.jpg