Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Had a heavy shower, now sunshine is back out :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

I'm expecting a thunderstorm in the next few hours, it'll be the first one here this year!

Posted
I'm expecting a thunderstorm in the next few hours, it'll be the first one here this year!

Yes, you are in an excellent location for this afternoon! Unfortunately for me, things are not looking good now. There's hardly any significant convection to the east and the radar shows all the activity to the west of me.

Karyo

Posted

Does anyone think if any thurnder/lightning storms will hit Derbyshire area. There seems to be alot of cloud around building up but nothing yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Damn...looked promising here before but now the temp is plummeting and it looks like we are going to be left with a typical Ellesmere Port day...dull, cloudy, no rain. Was getting my hopes up before...grrr.

Posted

Convection to just south of Darlington now over North Yorks and closing in, my other 'alf reporting rumbles from home via txts :) could this be the first home brew storm from the Vale of York to hit Darlington in yonks? :) sun now gone in and its getting very grey out there over Darlington, clear blue sky receding north

Mark H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

LOL...spoke too soon! First rumble to the SE

Nothing showing on radar though which is odd....maybe I was mistaken... :)

Hmmm...its very very quiet in here today lol!

Posted
Hmmm...its very very quiet in here today lol!

That's because the southeast is out of the storm risk zone. If there was the slightest risk there, there would be at least 100 people here!

A new line of convection has now developed to me east with dark bases. It's touch and go whether they will develop a bit more and become downpoors or dissipate.

Unfortunately, the easterly breeze has strengthened a bit which is not good news!

Karyo

Posted

for those asking where is at risk-this is still the main area but inlcude East Yorks in it as well. what drift there is appears to be FROM the NE or NNE, yeaterday it was from the N.

agree with much of what Nick has shown there, temps up to 25C with Td 14+C, a touch of surface convergence, very slight pressure falls, uplift over the Peak/ Pennines and the prob of ISOL Sev thundery downpours is certainly there, North Midlands north, chiefly GM, parts of Mers, Cheshire, S Yorks, W Yorks, N Yorks, Lancs, possibly N Derby seem most at risk at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

lookng to the North from Didsbury, dark skies and looking good but nothing to back it up on NW radar!? Mental!

Posted

It does seem like most of the activity is in North Yorkshire and NW england with a curved line of showers round there, whens the peak time for these storms??

Posted
lookng to the North from Didsbury, dark skies and looking good but nothing to back it up on NW radar!? Mental!

Frustrating day isn't it? Most of the action has transferred to the west of us!

However, can you see the line of dark clouds that is developing to the east of us? I think there is a good chance this will produce something in the next half an hour or so.

Karyo

Posted

Is anyone in Preston? Theres a dirty great big one thats still growing, its been to the NE of me for quite a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Everything seems to be passing to the north and west of us!

Gutted

Karyo u on msn?

post-1325-1245771463_thumb.jpg

Edited by crashlanding

Posted
Everything seems to be passing to the north and west of us!

Gutted

Karyo u on msn?

The next hour is crucial i think!

my msn: karyo.angeloudis@hotmail.co.uk i'll be online later as now at work.

Posted
Is anyone in Preston? Theres a dirty great big one thats still growing, its been to the NE of me for quite a while.

Hi Chris

I'm working in Preston and it has been raining heavily for the last twenty mins or so but no storms. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, surely it's got to be our turn soon...

Posted

The cloud to our east has developed further and is very near now. It is not producing any rain yet, but I think it is about to...

The base is very dark!

Karyo

Posted

add N Wales to the list I gave earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Afternoon all. Just got back in from work. After a very warm, muggy and sunny day, a rather intense shower came in from the east around 25 minutes ago. Haven't heard any thunder yet, and the core of the cell has passed now, but the rain was something else. It was quite literally a few spots to a downpour in 3 seconds - haven't seen that for a long time and to be out in it wearing just a t-shirt and jeans was wholly refreshing! Still very muggy and warm outside now and the temperature hasn't dropped off too much. I'm expecting the rainband to intensify and backbuild over the next few hours before petering out around 6-9pm. I'd be suprised not to hear the odd rumble of thunder this afternoon and evening at least.

Posted

Not looking too good on the radar tbh, doubt i will catch any showers at all. At least i was lucky enough to be in that line of showers yesterday which brought flash flooding and lightning.

Posted
:D There's alot of sferics in the Atlantic just N of Ire. Where are these thundery showers/thunderstorms? If I lived within the risk area I would be feeling very disappointed. :D

I am already! Nothing over here now... :D