Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Coast

Posted
hi all, just trying to rain here in bishops cleeve, it is really humid and close, cant wait for these thunderstorms, fingers crossed :rofl:

no rain here mate at present...Im on the other side of Chelt....

though it as gone darker in the last 30 mins.nothing major on radar apart from a heavy shower far North

Posted

Scattered showers now braking up over the Pennines too!

Interestingly, the gfs precipitation charts have massively upgraded the showers for tomorrow!

Karyo

Edited by karyo

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Just chatting to my wife at home in Bridgnorth and she reports distant thunder, from her description it sounds as though its to the Wolverhampton direction.

I'm in Cardiff and there's nothing interesting going on here.

Nowt on the radar West Mids though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
hi all, just trying to rain here in bishops cleeve, it is really humid and close, cant wait for these thunderstorms, fingers crossed :rofl:

Certainly very humid feeling, but no rain. Hopefully though the end of the week looking more promising for a storm :rofl:

Posted

I know nothing is 100%, but will south Wales be getting any storms tonight 56% on forecast, but Met Office are forecasting partly cloudy, I know they are not the best, but very confussing, and I want to mow my lawn!!! Any ideas?? :rofl:

Posted

check the radar if nothing is close then mow it!

Posted

Sferics now showing in the Leeds/Bradford area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Just heard a rumble from the dark cloud out to my west/southwest- southern part of leeds at a guess- annoying 'cos I drove right past there on my way home from work an hour ago, although even then I ran into a fairly heavy shower for a bit. Unexpected from me today- now please come to Garforth!

Posted
Sferics now showing in the Leeds/Bradford area

I can confirm that. We have a shower passing close to Low Moor area of Bradford at the moment. It was quite active for a while, but seems to have died off a bit now.

Edited by Rob W

Posted

GFS seems of got today pretty well done afterall,as showers seem to of broken out one passed by the west,only the lightest of light drizzly shower or 2 here,could see the rain falling out of SCu narrowly missing here.

And what a long distance 2 CB`s such a long way to the NE looking at the radar :rofl: looks like it`s east of Manchester now,I was watching them develop from TCU, when I was turning hay on the tractor up on the hill. :rofl:

And this is a HP we`re in now!!! and it`s been the most humid day so far.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

this is crazy....BBC weather guy not mentioning TS for tonight anywhere...but people reporting sferics.....whats going on.. :80:

there is a line of very heavy potent showers running up the northern spine of the country on radar...and sferics scattered around in other places at present

Posted

Errrrrm, just got a few showers around me now, one just coming over, looked at the netweather lightning overlay and theres been a strike near me...hmmmm weird.

Posted

Is there a dormant trough which has become rather less dormant this evening? The storms over the Pennines seem in line with a few cells which have popped up over the Midlands - one of which has affected the cricket on Sky at Nottingham.

Posted
it's so dark in cardiff and so muggy - so much for the bbc weather on wales today - lovely and sunny?!?!?!

the sat. pic reveals a lot of low cloud about southern UK at the moment, and so despite the humid feeling and the rather dark and stormy skies, the clouds are very low with little or no height to them (apart from those over the northern mountains) :80:

Edit: Flash warning from the Met

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

Torrential shower at the moment with huuugggee drops of rain.

Typical, seeing i've just had the hosepipe out and watered the lawn feed in I put on the other day :80:

Nothing electrical about it though

Edited by Odd Spot

Posted
the sat. pic reveals a lot of low cloud about southern UK at the moment, and so despite the humid feeling and the rather dark and stormy skies, the clouds are very low with little or no height to them (apart from those over the northern mountains) :80:

thank you!! was hoping as you never know but same old story!!

Posted
Don't get what all the fuss is about! There aren't any storms just a few sharp showers over the pennines and can't understand why Meto put a flash warning out. A few downpours warrants a warning? Only in this country I suppose.

well you never know that might expand as the hrs go past....at present the showers still seem to be growing

Posted
Don't get what all the fuss is about! There aren't any storms just a few sharp showers over the pennines and can't understand why Meto put a flash warning out. A few downpours warrants a warning? Only in this country I suppose.

there is a line of thunderstorms over the eastern side of the Pennines, look at the ATD :80:

Posted
it's so dark in cardiff and so muggy - so much for the bbc weather on wales today - lovely and sunny?!?!?!

The weather forecast have been off the mark last few days,but at after last after 5 dull days on the trot :80: clear blue skies which have come in from the north. :80:

Posted

Under the line of showers over N.England, currentley on and off torrentiall downpours with gusty winds during, flash flooding in Pudsey, Rodley and Horsforth (North Leeds Suburbs), the ringroad in Pudsey is 10-20cm deep under water, drains blocked and large area of flooding at end of main road which covers both roads, around 15cm deep. These are the parts i have travelled around, i would imagine there would be more flooding elsewhere.

Edited by 10123