Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
some very heavy black storm clouds here

Same here though i'd say just black clouds and it just rained

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

well can only get exciting as we head for the second threat for this week as the thread becomes buzzing again....

who will or wont remains to be seen...but I think it should be the West and South for a change.....only fair as Western Supermare hasnt got any water its so dry :lol:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Dogs32. Are you enticing and tormenting those such as Harry, Maidstone Weather...

:lol:

Phil. (BRING IT ON!!)

Edited by Phil UK

Posted
Dogs32. Are you enticing and tormenting those such as Harry, Maidstone Waether...

:lol:

Phil. (BRING IT ON!!)

its are turn Phill or I will give up compltely...and just rely on the USA storms....

Its about time we had a TS ...its been 4 weeks or so since i have seen 1,000's of strikes :lol:

I have withdraw syptoms.....I try not to get to excited about the Storms here these days...but on this occasion I am :lol: .hope things dont change by Friday

I wont to do a 12 hr time lapse of the birth of the thunderhead...will i get the chance

and fed up with the West breeding Storms for the East :lol:

nothing personal Easterners...just share plzzz

Edited by dogs32

Posted
its are turn Phill or I will give up compltely...and just rely on the USA storms....

Its about time we had a TS ...its been 4 weeks or so since i have seen 1,000's of strikes :lol:

I have withdraw syptoms.....I try not to get to excited about the Storms here these days...but on this occasion I am :lol: .hope things dont change by Friday

I wont to do a 12 hr time lapse of the birth of the thunderhead...will i get the chance

and fed up with the West breeding Storms for the East :lol:

nothing personal Easterners...just share plzzz

Im still waiting for my first storm this year :o so hopefully it's my turn soon :D

im fed up of always missing out. it's the damn storm shield :lol:

Posted

You know, thinking about it, a British, (Scottish if loses) Wimbledon. If I'm correct then didn't a torrential downpour and lightning strike cause a game of left/right neck exercise be cancelled?

Phil. (I'll find it!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
Could we be in for a storm?? :lol:

http://www.estofex.org/

I do hope so :-)!!!!!

It's curious how we're included for tomorrow, when we weren't last Monday though! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
I do hope so :-)!!!!!

It's curious how we're included for tomorrow, when we weren't last Monday though! :lol:

I doubt anything will happen lol

But next weekend is looking really good for most of us.. :lol: .until it changes :lol:

Posted
I'm confused as to why they issued a storm risk for central regions. :lol: I agree, I doubt anything will happen in the way of storms tomorrow, I mean if any day was going to see the odd isolated thundery shower, I would have thought it'd be Tueday.

I'm still focusing on the end of the week maybe start of the following week, as this is where we could see some classic summer thunderstorms. :lol:

Agreed, bizarre forecast from ESTOFEX in every respect. Don't know if I have missed something but given they did not forecast thunderstorms for the 15th this is very strange indeed.

Posted
Agreed, bizarre forecast from ESTOFEX in every respect. Don't know if I have missed something but given they did not forecast thunderstorms for the 15th this is very strange indeed.

it also indicates that they have more confidence in storms occurring tomorrow (well today now :lol: ) than on the 15th since we are not in between an 'invisible' line but a real one :lol:

Posted
it also indicates that they have more confidence in storms occurring tomorrow (well today now :lol: ) than on the 15th since we are not in between an 'invisible' line but a real one :lol:

Maybe they have reacted to your email, and now are going to put us down for storms everytime they see even the faintest chance! :lol: Oh no.

Posted

im not gonna get too stressed bout next wekend I had a 71% thunder risk last week and still not one rumble !!

Posted
Could we be in for a storm?? :(http://www.estofex.org/

euhisig12.gif

They are out on their own a bit with that 'area of expectation' for today, but Wales and further up the country maybe in line for something possibly?

ukstormrisk.png

21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_THUNDERSTORM-STANDARD_36.gif

Posted
euhisig12.gif

They are out on their own a bit with that 'area of expectation' for today, but Wales and further up the country maybe in line for something possibly?

ukstormrisk.png

21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_THUNDERSTORM-STANDARD_36.gif

I don't think I will see anything today Coast. It's really cloudy here. The weekend is still looking good according to these charts and other sources :(

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/cape_frame.htm

Posted
I don't think I will see anything today Coast. It's really cloudy here. The weekend is still looking good according to these charts and other sources

:(

post-6667-1245655857_thumb.jpg

Posted
im not gonna get too stressed bout next wekend I had a 71% thunder risk last week and still not one rumble !!

Patience Biddie. It is a virtue. But I know the feeling.

One September night back in 1993 - Can't remember exact date, all quiet then all went bang big time. MCS, and this just after midnight when MCS built up over the Midlands.

Jane, your storms will come, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your life. (Ok, so paraphrasing a well known phrase of old!)

But seriously, I think Thursday/Friday will be the breakdown and storm potential. Even in sunny Cheltenham. :(

Phil.

Posted

The models don't really agree today, with GFS suggesting storms may be possible while the MetOffice forecasts suggest not. Lapse rates look pretty poor, but I guess there might be a slight chance for south wales.

Some nice convergence zones across the UK including south wales.

Forecast skewt's show storm formation might just be possible in the west, but looks capped through mid levels further east.

I not really convinced on this one despite NMM showing some moderate rainfall as the lapse rates looks too weak.

Posted
Patience Biddie. It is a virtue. But I know the feeling.

One September night back in 1993 - Can't remember exact date, all quiet then all went bang big time. MCS, and this just after midnight when MCS built up over the Midlands.

Jane, your storms will come, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your life. (Ok, so paraphrasing a well known phrase of old!)

But seriously, I think Thursday/Friday will be the breakdown and storm potential. Even in sunny Cheltenham. :D

Phil.

Oh! I do hope so Phil. I feel it will be the weekend for me lol :(

Posted
The models don't really agree today, with GFS suggesting storms may be possible while the MetOffice forecasts suggest not. Lapse rates look pretty poor, but I guess there might be a slight chance for south wales.

Some nice convergence zones across the UK including south wales.

Forecast skewt's show storm formation might just be possible in the west, but looks capped through mid levels further east.

I not really convinced on this one despite NMM showing some moderate rainfall as the lapse rates looks too weak.

Thanks, one can hope :(