Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
go to this webcam www.aminta.com/live_vesuvius_webcam.php then click on live sunset cam and at bottom of picture click go live lightning over italy

Thanks, nice storm there now! :good:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Again, like today, rather moist SE flow over UK (dew points of 16C over Nern England this evening) will, forced by orographic uplift over mountains, overcome the general subsidence to create isolated heavy showers and possible t-storms. Wales, Ireland aswell as Nern England look favoured. Again, will be very local or isolated with many areas staying dry.

N-W storm forecast: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...44c27cfbf552203

Posted
go to this webcam www.aminta.com/live_vesuvius_webcam.php then click on live sunset cam and at bottom of picture click go live lightning over italy

Excellent thanks, but you think they would have sound with it !!!! :good:

Posted

56% storm risk here tomorrow as it`s coming in from the east,I`ll put it higher under these humid conditions,as long as it doesn`t rain. :good: not for a few days yet.

Posted

ESTOFEX show much of Ireland, the top half to he South West, Wales, West Midlands right up to the Western part of the Scottish borders today.

UKASF have the same area covered:

b528ed37dddd2ef7b1748bf00940bb3c.png

Nothing yet from Torro and 21st Operational Weather Squadron have any area of activity out in the Atlantic. I think the Gloucestershire contingent will be in the middle of anything today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

The temputures are widely above 20c in Wales already its 23.2c at the moment in heavy shade, the chance of thunderstorms developing are high.

Posted
Couldn't edit my post?

Flash warnings also for NE and NW England. Good luck, back for lunch.

Looking rather good for today then! Very humid outside and generally cloudy at present.

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
Looking rather good for today then! Very humid outside and generally cloudy at present.

Karyo

I'll second that...Manchester is muggy at the moment!

Hope to see some action today tho!

Posted
ESTOFEX show much of Ireland, the top half to he South West, Wales, West Midlands right up to the Western part of the Scottish borders today.

UKASF have the same area covered:

b528ed37dddd2ef7b1748bf00940bb3c.png

Nothing yet from Torro and 21st Operational Weather Squadron have any area of activity out in the Atlantic. I think the Gloucestershire contingent will be in the middle of anything today!

Correlates nicely with GFS:

ukstormrisk.png

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Hello fellow Lancastrians. Can see from SW Bowland that some wierd cu or cunim are growing fast over Burnley and Manchester direction, or in the hills near there. Have posted pics in Metcheck Gallery just now. Haven't had time to work out how to post pics on here. Looking like it could be a rouigh afternoon.

Posted
I'll second that...Manchester is muggy at the moment!

Hope to see some action today tho!

Yes, and the lack of wind means that any downpoor/thunderstorms will be slow moving - my favourite type! :rolleyes:

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

It certainly feels very muggy today. Warm too, 20C already under a lot of cloud cover.

What was being implied about Gloucestershire?

Edited by 03jtrickey

Posted

Just to show how showers etc can pop up unexpectedly : a heavy shower ran through N/W Wiltshire this morning, covering only a very narrow area and dying out around 09.00 somewhere in Somerset. No forecast yesterday said showers were possible so early and I think anyone driving from Trowbridge to Bath would have been very surprised at the amount of rain/surface water around Bradford On Avon - where I was out working :rolleyes: .

The cloud should be somewhere around Devon by now, I wonder if it could reinvigorate?

Posted

The 11am met office radar is showing a shower just to the east of Manchester. I can see some convection to the east of me.

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
The 11am met office radar is showing a shower just to the east of Manchester. I can see some convection to the east of me.

Karyo

there you go from netweather extra!

you should subscribe its ace!

post-1325-1245753059_thumb.jpg

Posted

I can see the developing cell just 3 miles away near New Mills, low cloud starting to sweep around the hills and going dark in that direction.