Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Looking good for much of England and Wales too over the next week, id say storm risk moving from the SW of England NE to cover most of northern England and midlands in ununsually high Cape/ LI. :o

Really i think most of England should see some action except of course the SE and greater London where there haven't been any significant storms so far.

If your'e in the SE like me just hope the charts are wrong.. :lol:

Posted

Lots of instability around now for a while by the looks of it, charts will chuck it about a fair bit, but a more thundery period looks fairly likely.

Good points, lots of instability. Also looks to be a fair bit of wind convergence around. For the south west, Wales and West Midlands, easterly's are a fairly good thing. Lot's of land for the storms to get going.

Bad points, Lapse rates are somewhere between bad and just about ok, shear is very low to low too.

I think a fair few might see some storms over the next week though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

It is nice to be in the running for some storms for once towards the end of the week. Off to Austria on the 1st July so hopefully they will arrive before then :lol:

With consistently moderate CAPE values for several days, I think we will be unlucky not to see anything.

Posted
The storm risk from GFS has been upgraded again. Friday, Saturday and Tuesday is looking good for the South West :lol: But we will see nearer the time. I hope the SE sees something too as storms of late have not been materialising.

Despite the negative LI, and some CAPE, all the S/E can expect to see is tall clouds spilling lots of rain, I'm afraid - at least, that's what GFS is currently opting for - clouds building very slowly all day to be quite tall.

Certainly "a watch the forecasts for Saturday evening", though, for sure.

Posted
Despite the negative LI, and some CAPE, all the S/E can expect to see is tall clouds spilling lots of rain, I'm afraid - at least, that's what GFS is currently opting for - clouds building very slowly all day to be quite tall.

Certainly "a watch the forecasts for Saturday evening", though, for sure.

to me looks like we will be the breeding ground for those further west :lol: :o

Posted
:lol: yep, but we're used to it :o

Toooo used to it! :lol:

Also the ones up from France are often quite violent for this country...better than the home grown....

It's just a pity they haven't even got their '25 yds breaststroke certificate' to cross the Channel! :o

Posted
to me looks like we will be the breeding ground for those further west :o :lol:

....doesnt matter...there will be plenty of smaller one's for the East later after we breed the big one's.. :lol: we wont be greedy..

Coast the BBC also have a large area of thundery rain for the South East Fraiday Night apart from here

Posted
Coast the BBC also have a large area of thundery rain for the South East Friday Night apart from here

Rtavn6011.png

Close, but no etc, etc...... :lol:

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looks like Devon is practically the prime area of the country to be for exciting weather over the coming week- the highest temperatures (27-28C projected for the weekend) and the biggest chance of showers and thunderstorms. Today should see only isolated showers I think, but from tomorrow onwards the chance increases. Exeter probably isn't the most optimal location as it is near the south coast, which sometimes stays in the clear, but on some of the days it might be far enough inland to see convection and maybe a bit of convergence occur.

Posted
I think you have hope :o

I'm beyond that now! :lol:

Mind you what's this coming in from the Atlantic at 06hrs 25th June?

http://aviationweather.gov/data/iffdp/2104.pdf

Edited by Coast

Posted

Anyone know what has happened in Southend-On-Sea, looks like a Freak Wind Event has gone through according to

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Hover your mouse over Southend and see a 161mph gust at 1420 :o

I Knew I should have put the garden chairs away :lol:

Posted
Anyone know what has happened in Southend-On-Sea, looks like a Freak Wind Event has gone through according to

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Hover your mouse over Southend and see a 161mph gust at 1420 :o

I Knew I should have put the garden chairs away :lol:

Most of Southend now sits just SW of Benfleet and they have dropped the on sea bit :lol: :o

Edited by TN9

Posted

Hover your mouse over Southend and see a 161mph gust at 1420 :lol:

I think I can pin it down more accurately than that Paul. :o

It seems to emanate from the Khyber Pass Restaurant in London Road, Westcliff! :lol:

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Its my Birthday next Tuesday and it looks like i may be treated to a storm! As well as hot temperatures, what more could you ask for!

Posted

The meto haven't done too well with that warning over the NW Highlands, only one shower South east of Inverness at the moment :(

Posted
The meto haven't done too well with that warning over the NW Highlands, only one shower South east of Inverness at the moment :(

Yeah, looks like the high pressure is winning today, you can see the large scale subsidence on the GFS quite well.

Posted
Its my Birthday next Tuesday and it looks like i may be treated to a storm! As well as hot temperatures, what more could you ask for!

Money?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Money?

Please. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
Angwin was ramping up the storm potential for Friday ;)

I hope I hit the jackpot this time around. Storm chances look good right out to Tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Yeah, looks like any storms late this week will be confined to SWern regions. Kinda glad because if there was a high storm risk for my area I would be getting my hopes up and then nothing would materialise.

Good luck to Jane and Dogs32, they should be in prime position for any storms which do develop over the weekend.

Thank you. ;) I'm away next week camping in a tent from Tuesday onwards. I will have my pocket internet thingy with me to try and keep up with the forums and storm risk,still learning how to use it lol. If a storm breaks out in the middle of the field I will have to stand and watch it in the barn for safety reasons lol.

Hope you see something soon. :)