Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion 26th June >>

Posted
I can't wait until next week :) I will be camping,it's gonna be great to see some good storms. :)

jane what a time to go.... :)

your just going to have make sure you have plenty of power for your laptop and camera's

Anyweather..looks good for us here if things dont change....party time ahead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

your just going to have make sure you have plenty of power for your laptop and camera's

Lol I know. :) It will also be a tent this time :) I'm taking my laptop and I have a pocketsurfer2 (which is a small ultra-thin hand-held device that fits easily into a pocket or bag and delivers the real web, just like at home or at work.)Has emailing too :) must keep it charged though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Over 3,500j/kg of CAPE and LI of -9 by Friday in parts of Wales!!! If that didn't downgrade imagine the storms that could be set off under that!!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yes...hopefully...! I give myself a dose of 80% disappointment on a day like this....and if the storms do occur im a happy little bunny!! :)

Posted
Over 3,500j/kg of CAPE and LI of -9 by Friday in parts of Wales!!! If that didn't downgrade imagine the storms that could be set off under that!!! :)

Could do with some excitement since we seem to be missing it all :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Just a note, Stuart Robinson is on Radio 4 is the next few moments on his storm chasing.... :)

Posted
Yes...hopefully...! I give myself a dose of 80% disappointment on a day like this....and if the storms do occur im a happy little bunny!! :)

with CAPE values this high we could be in for some storms here we havent seen for a few yrs :) at this magnitude..

we still have a few days for the charts to change on a negative note

and Jane I hope your tent is up to some serious rain...IF this happens

Cape for Thursday also very high

check out FRIDAY :)

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just been looking at the sat24 visible/infra-red shots.....That pesky stalled out band of cloud over the midlands is finally showing some northward movement, only problem is, the latest loop is showing colder (read higher) cloud tops...The last thing us west midlanders want is regeneration of this trough and persistant rain again! :)

post-4149-1246092118_thumb.png

post-4149-1246092156_thumb.png

Posted
with CAPE values this high we could be in for some storms here we havent seen for a few yrs :) at this magnitude..

we still have a few days for the charts to change on a negative note

and Jane I hope your tent is up to some serious rain...IF this happens

Cape for Thursday also very high

Hi dogs,

it's a brand new 4 person tent. We tested it yesterday when we had those downpours. It stayed dry :)

Posted

Hope you have a good time camping jane, where are you going? I am going to devon camping in 2 weeks fingers crossed i get some good weather :)

Posted

Im sure Paul.S would agree with values 3,000 upwards can produce some spectacular lightning or Storms....not forgetting the hail......In the States the Cape Charts is always lower than it really is.In other words Higher in real time on location

Here I think it is the opposite

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

If that came off it would be mayhem!! Floods, structural damage from lightning and possible tornados and all sorts.

Posted

CAPE of above 2,500 j/kg falls into the extreme category. The abundant lightning that would follow from any storms formed in such an environment would see a risk to life, limb, and property, not normally associated with Uk t/storms. LI's of less than -7, means violent thunderstorms probable, with an elevated risk of tornadoes without any extra forcing.

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
If that came off it would be mayhem!! Floods, structural damage from lightning and possible tornados and all sorts.

if that came off for us storm starved west midlanders, with our luck, it would end up with uniform stratus cloud, light persistant drizzle, and lots of hacked off Brummy forum members....lol

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

I remember 4,000 upwards gave us a lightning bolt anything from 4 per second :)

When we had values 6+ it waS Sifi stuff of 6-9 PER SECOND BOLT LIGHTNING...

So my point is if CAPE holds from 3,500 to 4,000....there should be enough energy for things to be very electrical or extreme maybe..........

sorry ramping here

edit..I might have these values wrong...if so Paul.S will kindly correct them

Edited by dogs32

Posted

well I am excited...or duped yet again.

3 camera's ready for the showdown

If the charts can hold up to Tuesday then its looking a possible event

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I remember 4,000 upwards gave us a lightning bolt anything from 4 per second :)

When we had values 6+ it waS Sifi stuff of 6-9 PER SECOND BOLT LIGHTNING...

So my point is if CAPE holds from 3,500 to 4,000....there should be enough energy for things to be very electrical or extreme maybe..........

sorry ramping here

edit..I might have these values wrong...if so Paul.S will kindly correct them

Mate thats not a ramping matter though lol. We don't want to see CAPE of that magnitude here in the UK. Sure it would produce some of the best storms ever seen here in the UK but at the same time a lot of things would get damaged by lightning strikes, including houses, cattle, people etc...

Storms are all good and well sometimes but when they enter the extremely strong catagory they aren't something to be messed with. It makes me laugh how the storm lovers on here are getting excited about possible 2,500+ kj CAPE next week but if that came off and your house got hit by lightning or some part of your property got hit, i'm sure they'de be well pleased about such strong storms then :)

Posted
Hope you have a good time camping jane, where are you going? I am going to devon camping in 2 weeks fingers crossed i get some good weather :)

Hi twister, :) I'm off to a place on a farm not far from Tewkesbury overlooking the Malvern hills.Good luck for some hot weather and storms when you go camping.Devon is lovely!I come from there. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im having a BBQ today so dont want any rain but looks like it will. Typical. :)

Posted
Im having a BBQ today so dont want any rain but looks like it will. Typical. :)

Am I invited? :) I'll bring the charcoal!

I think you are likely to catch some showers this afternoon, hit and miss though, some places will get a downpour and 10 miles down the road will be dry.

Posted
Mate thats not a ramping matter though lol. We don't want to see CAPE of that magnitude here in the UK. Sure it would produce some of the best storms ever seen here in the UK but at the same time a lot of things would get damaged by lightning strikes, including houses, cattle, people etc...

Storms are all good and well sometimes but when they enter the extremely strong catagory they aren't something to be messed with. It makes me laugh how the storm lovers on here are getting excited about possible 2,500+ kj CAPE next week but if that came off and your house got hit by lightning or some part of your property got hit, i'm sure they'de be well pleased about such strong storms then :)

some people wont like this...but bring it on the Sifi lightning.....

Untill I am cured of this obsession :)

I need to stick myself into Storm Rehab

as Reed Timmer said....we wont Success

if I am correct the next update for the charts are at 10.45am

Edited by dogs32

Posted
some people wont like this...but bring it on the Sifi lightning.....

Untill I am cured of this obsession B)

I need to stick myself into Storm Rehab

as Reed Timmer said....we wont Success

Haha don't worry, more people are likely to shoot me down for me saying what I said than you for saying that. I think a lot of people would agree with you, I do like storms myself but only to a certain degree. I don't like them when they are strong and lightning bolts are striking buildings and causing a lot of damage. A few houses near me have been hit over the years and the roof has instantly gone up in flames. I'd hate that to happen to our house if there was a bad storm as I think anyone would.

Posted

Storms are all good and well sometimes but when they enter the extremely strong catagory they aren't something to be messed with. It makes me laugh how the storm lovers on here are getting excited about possible 2,500+ kj CAPE next week but if that came off and your house got hit by lightning or some part of your property got hit, i'm sure they'de be well pleased about such strong storms then B)

Andy,

I couldn't agree with you more. I like a good powerful storm, but if values like those came off, I'd be scared, if not petrified. Just going to make sure the Earth to my Ham Radio ariels are up to scratch :o