Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion 26th June >>

Posted

Just spotted a large updraft tower and anvil to my East, one of those sneaky storms that creeps up on you behind a veil of low cloud and then suddenly appears. :good:

Edited by jshaw

Posted

No storms at all here today - Feeling muggy with temperatures of 20C - Not really moaning as next week lokks even better for us with thunderstorms Cape 1000+ a Li Index -4 so not too bad....!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
still raining here, not as heavy as earlier, but theatening looking skies to my south and east, that cell over brum is heading my way, anymore lightning down your neck of the woods?...no sferics on radar

Never was any lightning, just thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Well even though I didn't see a storm I've seen three absolutely torrential downpours. One has just passed and dumped alot of water, again drains are just about coping. All in all after that downpour, I'm quite happy. :good:

Most downpours have missed us by the odd mile or so today exceot one hour which lasted about 20 mins. Not the worst ive ever seen but torrential nevertheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
small potent cell apearing in Devon.

will it or wont it :good:

You know the answer to that :lol:

Posted
small potent cell apearing in Devon.

will it or wont it :good:

is that the one near ba9 on net radar, just watching and looking still 20 here and humid, and i can see see a cb i will go out in min a get photo

Posted

now two+ a smaller 3rd :good:

someone better tell them showers the sun hasnt got much time left

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Anyone noticed the cell growing North of London? It hasn't moved in over an hour, is it just anaprop?

Posted

there's a cracking anvil to my east, but very close by (the outflow of the top of the anvil is almost above me) it is also shrouded by a lot of low level murk - and there is a hot air balloon dangerously close to it!

Posted

Just drove from Upminster to Leigh and right underneath that wispy anvil and it it pretty damn pathetic to say the least, looks angry looking but its bark is certainly worse than its bite. Currently drizzling and fading away into low cloud at the moment.

Pretty crud day given the potential energy but thats the Uk for ya

Paul S

Posted
there's a cracking anvil to my east, but very close by (the outflow of the top of the anvil is almost above me) it is also shrouded by a lot of low level murk - and there is a hot air balloon dangerously close to it!

Same ere, I'm taking photos. :good:

No im not, because the anvil is condensing before my eyes. :lol:

Edited by jshaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

No storms again in the SE, Cambridge is getting them again. Im not surprised this time, it looked much better to the North an the high humidity and storms predicted for next week look unlikely with the new updates. At one point 2,000 cape & -5 LI was predicted...if that had of come off with a storm.. :good:

Heatwave has stayed looking equally promising throughout :lol:

Posted

cape not to bad for the east tomorrow....Monday for North Wales.....and check out Tuesday :good:

and WEDNESDAY...You cant be serious

and Thursday.wishfull thinking

meanwhile apart from the bright prospects.......the cells down South have merged and are fairly potent

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Large tornado or funnel over East Cambridgeshire - Swavesey area onlooking from the A14 dual carriageway. I think many more managed to catch a glimpse at this, was one of the best tornado set-up and formations i'v seen in the UK, strong wall cloud rolling along beside a large storm. Absolutely took my breath away, I was keeping an eye on it in the first place and the funnel just dropped with alot of movement/twisting. Very thick dark coloured funnel. Tried videoing but yet again my phone let me down in saving as it did two weeks ago when I spotted another funnel cloud in this area from a storm. Best year I can remember for funnel clouds in this area, amazing

Edited by matty8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
Large tornado or funnel over East Cambridgeshire - Swavesey area onlooking from the A14 dual carriageway. I think many more managed to catch a glimpse at this, was one of the best tornado set-up and formations i'v seen in the UK, strong wall cloud rolling along beside a large storm. Absolutely took my breath away, I was keeping an eye on it in the first place and the funnel just dropped with alot of movement/twisting. Very thick dark coloured funnel. Tried videoing but yet again my phone let me down in saving as it did two weeks ago when I spotted another funnel cloud in this area from a storm. Best year I can remember for funnel clouds in this area, amazing

Lucky, luck you.

I've never seen one. Missed a tornado by a maybe 300 yards a few years ago.

Posted
Lucky, luck you.

I've never seen one. Missed a tornado by a maybe 300 yards a few years ago.

grr your avatar confuses me - i keep thinking it's Nick F! :wub: :lol:

21.9C but still very warm and humid and nothing exciting happening either :rolleyes:

Turned out to be a lovely evening here. Sat outside on the laptop. Perfect. Air still has that lovely sultry summer smell/feel etc.

Storm risk for many areas at some point during next week, and perhaps a 90f? Certainly the 12z gfs looks encouraging. And when there's more heat, there's gonna be a bigger bang :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
grr your avatar confuses me - i keep thinking it's Nick F! :wub: :lol:

21.9C but still very warm and humid and nothing exciting happening either :rolleyes:

Yeah, he copied me. :D

Extremely angry sky to my south. Although there's not too much to show for this on the radar.

Posted

Extremely misty here this evening with some rain now.

Posted
grr your avatar confuses me - i keep thinking it's Nick F! :wub: :D

What happened to our storms then MW?What gremlins got in the workings this time?I have waited two weeks since the last flop,and i got a ten minute shower at half four this morning :( ,and that had dried up before seven,we are going to run short on summer if we have to wait that long again for another misfire,and another,before we know it it will be October :lol:

Posted
What happened to our storms then MW?What gremlins got in the workings this time?I have waited two weeks since the last flop,and i got a ten minute shower at half four this morning :lol: ,and that had dried up before seven,we are going to run short on summer if we have to wait that long again for another misfire,and another,before we know it it will be October :rolleyes:

got a few grumbles at 5am this morning, then a torrential downpour (see sig) and that was that. no lightning yet again! :wub: