Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

No clouds here either - though I am going venture out shortly to see if anything starts appearing.

Posted
For those who read it, my earlier post was deleted, like a few recent others - seems this thread is "exclusively SE" - which it didn't say on the tin. Sometimes I just don't understand how this place is run. Who is deleting willy-nilly to suit?

Deleting a post is fine, but without notice or reason is plain wrong, particularly when others have a point.

This thread is not exclusively south-east, from what i have read the people who have comment the most is the westerners, and only lately, with the showers coming up from france are the south-easterners starting to comment.

Posted
This thread is not exclusively south-east, from what i have read the people who have comment the most is the westerners, and only lately, with the showers coming up from france are the south-easterners starting to comment.

:D

thanks Neil! Shall keep an eye open :D

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
Posted

still not convinced about these storms as the wind is coming from the north normally the wind comes in from the south when something is brewing from france or spain as for a supercell could happen but unlikely i think it is a matter of waiting but humidity has risen but the wind has picked up i can actually breath now as for been inside the house forget it, a good night sleep out in the garden.

Posted
still not convinced about these storms as the wind is coming from the north normally the wind comes in from the south when something is brewing from france or spain as for a supercell could happen but unlikely i think it is a matter of waiting but humidity has risen but the wind has picked up i can actually breath now as for been inside the house forget it, a good night sleep out in the garden.

This is because the energy is being drawn towards the storms (wind direction towards the south)

Posted
:D

thanks Neil! Shall keep an eye open :D

Clear here,can see the moon quite clearly and i had a few beers too :D

Posted

Exciting stuff...and its very close....

Maybe tricky to get an exact movement on these cells due to the rotation of the 'heat Low'...e.g. swinging round...may have to wonder and look out to sea for any light displays soon! :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

I think its been said most people on the forums are from the south and SE, and they seem to all know each other.

I dont think it's ment to feel this way, but I often get the feeling it's them and us - 2 different classes of folks on here.

Always been this way on here, you get used to it.

Now on topic, why the hell does it go even more muggy and sticky at night? sweating my gonads off and all I'm doing is sat here reading the forums and watching i player

Posted
This is because the energy is being drawn towards the storms (wind direction towards the south)

I knew that was just testing to make sure everyone is alert! all this heat has gone to my head! need another bottle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I'm not sure if the storms from calais will get here but the storms over le havre are heading in a better direction.

Posted
I think its been said most people on the forums are from the south and SE, and they seem to all know each other.

I dont think it's ment to feel this way, but I often get the feeling it's them and us - 2 different classes of folks on here.

Always been this way on here, you get used to it.

Now on topic, why the hell does it go even more muggy and sticky at night? sweating my gonads off and all I'm doing is sat here reading the forums and watching i player

Sit in a bucket of ice that might help!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Not exactly storms, but the weakened cold front thats going nowhere is showing signs of pepping up south and SE of here, may turn thundery tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Well been on here a fair bit today reporting nothing, no storms or even convection so thought i would sign off for the night with much the same.. its hot and no storms...

good luck to the southerners for imports tonight....

Edited by SalopWatcher

Posted
I'm not sure if the storms from calais will get here but the storms over le havre are heading in a better direction.

have they started tracking slightly nw or is the kronenbourg got to me head

Posted

The moon is yellow and has a halo tonight, a sign of the humidity.

I really do not get this caravaning about the SE, I'm sorry but we don't control the bloody weather so if storms effect the SE only thats tough luck, its not our fault and you cant change that by complaining to us. This thread is about storms, if there are no storms in the UK apart from the SE, then why the hell are we expected to give attention to parts of the country where there are no storms? If you want to talk about the weather at your place regardless then there are separate threads for that purpose.

I don't get the whole 'us and them' idea either, most of us here like storms, what is there about that that makes some of us different to others? Chatting about the weather is not a competition, there are no sides.

Some people are just looking for an argument or attention I think. :D

Edited by jshaw

Posted

Storm way out over the channel at the mo, can see the flashes, but don't hear the thunder.... Will keep you posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I think the suggestion was that it was geographical in the sense that others who had something interesting to say were being frozen-out.

Posted

ive been the following the storms off france and they seem to be now heading more nne but on the sat24 image the cloud tracks over southern uk seem to be more nnw.

can anyone shed any light on the possible track of the french storms ?

Cheers

Edited by Bofh