Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted

Animals at the local zoo are going mad, the lion are really loud like they are howling, all the time i have lived here, never heard them do that.. The moon is a real yellow/orange colour.. Keeping my eyes out to sea, fingers crossed..

Posted

Cloudy here now too and still 19c, had a pretty good out over the Channel from on the hills above Folkestone about half an hour ago and no flashes to be seen...yet!

Posted
Clear here,can see the moon quite clearly and i had a few beers too :D

The moon looks a bit orange to me tonight or is it my eyes and I have'nt been on the beers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

The radar certianly looks impressive over France.

If folks down in the SE get any, can we have some pics and vids please for us storm starved to glory at what might have been.

Kain

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
I think its been said most people on the forums are from the south and SE, and they seem to all know each other.

I dont think it's ment to feel this way, but I often get the feeling it's them and us - 2 different classes of folks on here.

Always been this way on here, you get used to it.

Now on topic, why the hell does it go even more muggy and sticky at night? sweating my gonads off and all I'm doing is sat here reading the forums and watching i player

Do you really have to go on about this ... it really is rather tiresome. The reason most posts are from members in the SE atm is because the current potential is looking to come across the east English Channel and hit the SE.

If there were storms in the Midlands or Wales, would all of us from the SE be moaning that the posts are bias towards those areas ... probably not!

get over it!!!

On topic, sferics getting closer to the south coast of Sussex now.

Posted

is there a possabiity of the storms not only crossing the channel but going further north

Edited by dogs32

Posted

the last meteox radar image would seem to show a posssible slight change of course but will have to wait for the next few updates to be sure or it could just be the storm is spreading out over a larger area.

not sure what the wind direction is as theres barely a breath outside at the moment.

As for the BBC not being up to what is currently happening over France; lets see what the 10:35pm TV forecast says. Hopefully some encouragement for you in the SE!

Posted
I think its been said most people on the forums are from the south and SE, and they seem to all know each other.

I dont think it's ment to feel this way, but I often get the feeling it's them and us - 2 different classes of folks on here.

Now on topic, why the hell does it go even more muggy and sticky at night? sweating my gonads off and all I'm doing is sat here reading the forums and watching i player

I dont know how you can say that,i have whizzed through the last couple of threads,and its always people who are having storms or a chance of storms chatting,i have not piped up and said i think everybody in sw England must know each other,whats the point of me chipping in when i cant see or have a chance of seeing anything???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Yes! SE COULD be in for a treating tonight! :D haven't rele seen any thunderstorms this year and the prospect of a thunderstorms around midnight is the best (even tho infact it means it will be weakening, but more fun if don't think technical)

having said that it's got a cold unforgiving channel to cross, please make it!

Posted
is there a possabiity of the storms not only crossing the channel but going further north

Not sure yet but its looking a very intresting.

Posted

Do you know how pathetic that sounds? lol!

I'm from yorkshire pudding land, i understand it can be frustrating watching other people (a vast amount of the forums is made up of people in and around the capital/south east.

There no different, like me or you, they are just located in more favourable locations for storms, just like i am for snow during the winter, and just like you are for getting battered my autumn LP systems.

Dont take it personally when people are going on about getting a storm and your not, it's mother nature and in one way or another mother nature always has a say on every location in the world! Be optimistic and look forward to when you do get that storm, because it's like been scortched and thirsty, then when you get home from work you run to that fridge and grab an ice cold bottle of stella!

Posted

18z GFS does show some MLCAPE along the cold front overnight, so could see some storms re-generate along it, but not a definate :)

Posted
the last meteox radar image would seem to show a posssible slight change of course but will have to wait for the next few updates to be sure or it could just be the storm is spreading out over a larger area.

not sure what the wind direction is as theres barely a breath outside at the moment.

to me it seems they are slightly going West...And North

anyone agree

cheers Nick just saw your post THX

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow
Do you really have to go on about this ... it really is rather tiresome. The reason most posts are from members in the SE atm is because the current potential is looking to come across the east English Channel and hit the SE.

If there were storms in the Midlands or Wales, would all of us from the SE be moaning that the posts are bias towards those areas ... probably not!

get over it!!!

On topic, sferics getting closer to the south coast of Sussex now.

Actully I am over it, I was replying to someone who asked why there seemed to be favouritism, and actually defending you lot in a round about way.

Geez man.

Posted
I think the suggestion was that it was geographical in the sense that others who had something interesting to say were being frozen-out.

Frozen out? Everyone here can post unrestricted (within certain bounds which are equal for everyone), whatever they like about the weather, nobody is being frozen out or silenced, sounds like they want all the attention to me.

I spend a lot of time reporting and posting my thoughts here, and I don't get replys (mainly because its a load of tripe :) ) that often, but you wont hear me moaning about it!

There is no favouritism either, people are just reporting what is going on weather wise in the real world, if almighty who controls the weather decides to smile upon the SE again, tough luck, but being in denial and trying to pretend things are different will not change things in your favour.

Cirrius is slowly thickening here, I am longing the passage of the cold front.

Edited by jshaw

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

http://www.meteox.nl/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3...;soort=satradar

It seems the system is trying to join up into one massive MCS to possibly cross the south east

Posted
to me it seems they are slightly going West...And North

anyone agree

cheers Nick just saw your post THX

thanks dogs32 just wanted confirmation i'm not going mad ! :)

current temp here is 23.4c 64% humidity not nice

Posted

I dont know anyone on the forum

Posted
Actully I am over it, I was replying to someone who asked why there seemed to be favouritism, and actually defending you lot in a round about way.

Geez man.

I really give up on this thread!! It's just full of childish comments sometimes.

I don't know why I bother posting forecasts or any input on Netweather, its like a playground of us vs them, ridiculous!!!!

Go carry on fill it with detritus.

Posted
thanks dogs32 just wanted confirmation i'm not going mad ! :)

current temp here is 23.4c 64% humidity not nice

yea you have the same thinking.maddness.lol

Yes Nick say's a possability it could ignite............so I will set my alarm clock just in case

Edited by dogs32

Posted

At last, it looks like the stalled cold front (which took a N/NW track for pretty much the whole bloody day) is finally going to clear Devon and hopefully give us a decent nights sleep! Good luck to all those storm nuts in Kent, hopefully those cells will force a path across the Channel.

Jay. (a ex resident of N Kent.)

Posted

I do find some of the members on this forum can be rather ignorant, rude and far to serious a lot of the time, its only weather after all people, calm down.

Somethings building to the South East, finally, a massive towering CB which looked very pretty as the sun went down, lots of other cumulus cloud to the south now vails of cirrus covering the whole sky, temperature is still 22.2c aswell with no wind whatsoever.