Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
yes IF they dont die

You know when you have that feeling that everything is going to go how you want it too? I have that feeling tonight.

Im hoping to get woken up about 3am, to widespread thunder, lightning, floods.

Posted

Evening folks,

TS of Le Harve looks to be tracking toward I-O-W / Bognor Regis on the NW radar, hope it keeps going for folks around there. Hope the TS further along the coast gets over Kent and into South Essex :) lovely evening to sit out in the garden :)

Steve

Paul Hudson just now on Look North has mentioned the risk of a thundery shower "in the next few hours" :) This was NOT mentioned in the early evening forecast (6:55pm)

So hope for us up north yet!

Posted
The storms have arrived, in this thread anyway. :) Chill people, I know its hot and that, but its only weather! If no storms tonight then there will be loads of opportunities in the future!

Anyway, it looks interesting on the sferics:

http://meteocentre.com/lightning/map_sfuk....mp;type=density

paul.is this thing tracking N/W....to a few of us it seems to be pivoting to the west

IOW

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud
You can come to our secret weather fest in the woods now we know your from west London,if your names on the list your in :)

Haha! that sounds awesome :) i wanna come 2 your weather fest 2! :)

Posted

I'm watching, just a shame we are in a valley and can't see the channel. Hardly a breath of a breeze here, but can still see the flashes and can just hear the thunder in the distance. We haven't had any rain for a fortnight, so even a little rain would be welcome. Will keep you posted, and as soon as the dog starts to go nuts I will let you know :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Well it seems the cells trying to cross the Channel, whilst moving NE are seeming to build up in a NW direction so maybe a big part of the south coast may see some action.

Question is... will they survive the channel. Then the next question... how far inland can they get? And then... will they reach Derby? :)

Posted

I had enough of this if you are not going to discuss weather theres always been prob with northerns and southerns anyway off to bed good luck everyone in the South for storms fingers crossed, just seen the weather their playing safe for tonite heavy downpours!!

Posted
You know when you have that feeling that everything is going to go how you want it too? I have that feeling tonight.

Im hoping to get woken up about 3am, to widespread thunder, lightning, floods.

LOL.YOU HAVE MORE FAITH THAN ME.THEY HAVE A LONG WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOO.....but if they can with staine the energy yes late morning

Posted
paul.is this thing tracking N/W....to a few of us it seems to be pivoting to the west

IOW

Hi dogs,

Looks to me like a cluster of storms are expanding over northern France and will probably develop into a MCS in the coming hours...track is predominantly northwards, but as the storms expand they seem to be expaning slightly more towards the west.

Posted

That's it, i give up with you lot, ranting and bickering, as if your having a pop at the people that spend hours every day posting and moderating everyones comments, be it trash comments or on topic and fantastic discussions.

At the end of the day, if these people "Nick" and Paul Sherman in particular. (P.S to the other Paul you do more work behind the scenes ;'))

IF these people was not here, these forums would be utter trash, now i was a little onionse a few years back etc, but i had a lot of growing up to do what with 2 kids etc, and im only 20, but jeez some of you full grown adults are acting so bloody immature! Grow up and respect Nicks comments and stuff he talks about or shut your computer down, we want to talk about thunderstorms, and who cares if its only the SE tonight in the main zone, you can be part of it online, you dont need to be right under the bloody thing!!

Sorry mods, got it off my chest now.

Edited by Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Off topic I know

Nick, check your PM's.

Posted

winds coming from the east here which is just what i need to push them towards me if they make landfall and if theres anything left

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

That MCS looks uncannily like Africa and the little bit just needs to come round a bit and its Sri Lanka..!!

Thought i'd bring a little humour as this thread is goin the same way as its been going since the 'heatwave'

started...everybody chill ma'an... :D

NETWEATHER 5 min radar a steal at only £23.95 p/a or £3.49 p/m......

Posted

Hope the SE gets something considering the lack of storms there this year.. looks quite good hopefully

No storms here today as any seemed to just die out in the morning and not develop but the rain we had here earlier seemed to be heavier than the radar was suggesting as we had about half an hour of very heavy rain with a peak rainfall rate of 27.8mm/h.

Todays total is now 10.6mm but 2mm did fall earlier in the day,

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
oh is it another East Kent clipper scenario? Methinks so :D:D

It's joining up as one one huge MCS , for yourself i'd keep the hope :)

Keep looking south , south east

Posted
Hi dogs,

Looks to me like a cluster of storms are expanding over northern France and will probably develop into a MCS in the coming hours...track is predominantly northwards, but as the storms expand they seem to be expaning slightly more towards the west.

Hi Paul in the exotic climate of France...lol

thx mate...worth watching tonght as things develope...keeping an open mind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Not sure but i think the bulk of them will actually be heading for SW England as they've already started to pivot west...

not so great for mea but def good for SW England :D , after all they were the one's forecast storms for today don't forget :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
Paul Hudson just now on Look North has mentioned the risk of a thundery shower "in the next few hours" :D This was NOT mentioned in the early evening forecast (6:55pm)

So hope for us up north yet!

The problem is that the look north forecast is not updated with the latest computer model, you can tell because the national forecast is always slightly differnt. The Look North forecast had the cold front slightly further east than it is now forecast to be. Still Lets hope.

Posted
The storms have arrived, in this thread anyway. :D Chill people, I know its hot and that, but its only weather! If no storms tonight then there will be loads of opportunities in the future!

Anyway, it looks interesting on the sferics:

http://meteocentre.com/lightning/map_sfuk....mp;type=density

My Boltek is actually matching that...

All that setting up was worth it then :D

Posted
Not sure but i think the bulk of them will actually be heading for SW England as they've already started to pivot west...

not so great for mea but def good for SW England :D , after all they were the one's forecast storms for today don't forget :D

i have faith.........but now your asking for a miracle.. :)

SW.......but im no forecaster..but i truly doubt it they will go back to the S/W.shoot me if If im wrong :)

edit...maybe like NICK SAID THEY MIGHT IGNITE THAT WAY..MIGHT

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

LIGHTNING!!

Just had 3 bright flashs off to the south east :D:D:)

Posted

Seriously folks, why the bickering??

If people from the se want to talk about storms in that region, fine.. If people from elsewhere want to talk about any possible risk in their region, fine...

It so happens that there are a lot from the se on here at the moment as there appears to be a higher risk of storms their than elsewhere just now, so where's the issue?

(these are rhetorical questions btw)

Please just get on and post about storms this evening and tomorrow wherever they may be, and stop whining at eachother.

Posted

Evening all.

Breeze has just picked up here to take the edge off the heat. 22.0c still.

Main reason for the post was to say how much cloud has developed over the last 2 hours, Ac clouds at sunset now some convection is starting.

Latest Radar NW is showing ppn on the past 3 frames - (not a anaprop) 30 miles or so to the south. IR Radar shows it well.

post-3585-1246571062_thumb.png