Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
I really give up on this thread!! It's just full of childish comments sometimes.

I don't know why I bother posting forecasts or any input on Netweather, its like a playground of us vs them, ridiculous!!!!

Go carry on fill it with detritus.

Where did it all go wrong though? It never used to be like this a couple of years back.

Posted

Would I be right in saying that if that cold front in the west hadn't been 6-8 hours behind, then that the current Northern France storms crossing the Channel (possible W Sussex/Hampshire landfall?) could've hit me straight on...they seem to be veering NW and there is a bit of a gap between them with the cells up the Dover Straight nudging into East Kent...

Posted
yea you have the same thinking.maddness.lol

Yes Nick say's a possability it could ignite............so I will set my alarm clock just in case

ive been trying to time the movement and by my primitive think if it was to reach my area it wouldnt be for another 5 hours !

maybe i'll set my alarm also :)

Posted
I dont know anyone on the forum

You can come to our secret weather fest in the woods now we know your from west London,if your names on the list your in :)

Posted

all i ask for is a decent nights sleep without feeling too hot and leaving the window open (they've decided to resurface the road outside my house - so much for the lie ins when i booked some leave haha!)

Posted
I really give up on this thread!! It's just full of childish comments sometimes.

I don't know why I bother posting forecasts or any input on Netweather, its like a playground of us vs them, ridiculous!!!!

Because you have a passion for meteorology, and effectively we all have a passion for weather otherwise we wouldn't be on here :) weather is the cheapest, and imo, the best hobby you can have, it's free and all you have to do is sit and stare out the window :)

generally we are all gathered here today in this forum to bear witness to storms :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I am not from the SE and I look forward to yours and the other NW storm forecasters every morning there are storms in the forecast. They tend to be the most accurate forecasts around. You should bother with forecasts and input because people like me and i am sure many others read them and rely on them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Why are you pinning this all on me when all I did was reply to someone who was suggesting favouritism among the mods? Yeah I'm annoyed I missed out yet again, but thats the british weather for you. I have not insulted anyone, I have not been rude to anyone.

So I care if the SE folks get storms - No unless they come my way, which is a slight possibilty tonight.

I might be pathetic or whatever you lot want to call me, but for god sakes, I was just answering an earlier post.

And yes Nick, for what its worth, I value yours and Bricks forecasts. However my respect seems to be waining

Edited by Kane

Posted

hiya just wanted to know my chances of a storm tonight in se london thanks

Posted
sferics getting closer to the south coast of Sussex now.

Cool, I shall keep an eye as I have a good view across the sea from here. Might also go to have a look from DevilsDyke which is a couple of mins along the road.

Posted
A look Im telling you them MC's are slightly swinging north...sorry and West......or I need glasses

agreed and if it does could be my first storm of the year :)

think i will try and get some sleep so if it does hit i wont sleep through it !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Hi, havent been on in a while, Hope to eventually get some storms soon. Will be looking forward to seeing pics and reports even if i dont see any.

I cant belive how childish this forum has got which is a shame, whatever happend to the healthy intellegent discussion?

xx

Posted
Why are you pinning this all on me when all I did was reply to someone who was suggesting favouritism among the mods? Yeah I'm annoyed I missed out yet again, but thats the british weather for you. I have not insulted anyone, I have not been rude to anyone.

So I care if the SE folks get storms - No unless they come my way, which is a slight possibilty tonight.

I might be pathetic or whatever you lot want to call me, but for god sakes, I was just answering an earlier post.

And yes Nick, for what its worth, I value yours and Bricks forecasts. However my respect seems to be waining

And he never even mentioned your name in his post. :)

You're doing a good job of it yourself.

Your original starter thread did not mention SE. It said "Storm/Convective Discussion" continued..

To the onlooker - that'll be thousands viewing like me - who have no interest whatsoever on possible SE storms, in the same way most readers aren't too fussed on weather north of SE - the question was raised "what about way out west where the front is?"

By some clever deleting to keep this thread exclusively SE, some very good posts were deleted without explanation, and that is why some people are a little peeved, and well you know it.

Perhaps the best form of defence is attack, Nick?

For christs sake, this thread is about storms, the weakening cold front has no storms, if you are not at risk of getting a storm then why must everything you say be given undivided attention? Why must we be forbidden from talking about the areas where there is actually a risk of storms?

Its all just attention craving.

Edited by jshaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just been over the golf course - huge moths, 'busy' crickets making a racket, and a mosquito taking a nice piece of my leg...nice!!

Trousers if there is reason for me to go out later - hopefully - though it wont be nice!! Very muggy, that lovely damp smell coming from the plants though, and I too can see that lovely orange moon with halo!!

With regards the comments earlier and childishness - frustration, jealousy, childishness, mis-use of words...not really important to be honest! What is important is whether or not the storms make, and if I get some...hehehehehehe!!!

Posted
This MCS is on track for CS England/Midlands.

yes IF they dont die

its only a mad guess

Edited by dogs32

Posted
This MCS is on track for CS England/Midlands.

does look like it to me - im 40 minutes away from oxford going on the m4, so gonna hang fire for a bit then jump in the car - vould easily see a rash of home growns in the next few hours though so those not in the path of the current storms may still get a flicker fest

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Dover , Ramsgate look to your south east... Huge storms tracking out of calais!

http://www.meteox.nl/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3...;soort=satradar

Crazy , awesome COME ON! :)

Posted

Well it seems the cells trying to cross the Channel, whilst moving NE are seeming to build up in a NW direction so maybe a big part of the south coast may see some action.

Posted

The 18z has just updated for tonight and shows the cold front exploding by 6am as it hits the Midlands, i think ill go to bed shortly and get up extra early.

Posted

The storms have arrived, in this thread anyway. :) Chill people, I know its hot and that, but its only weather! If no storms tonight then there will be loads of opportunities in the future!

Anyway, it looks interesting on the sferics:

http://meteocentre.com/lightning/map_sfuk....mp;type=density

Posted
yes IF they dont die

dont jinx it now dogs :)

it really does look like its tracking directly towards me. ok thats probably wishful thinking but the images are looking good now.