Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convection Discussion

Ross B

Posted

yes your right..there are growing along the estuary....Some other people on here might get this storm..Its expanding rapidly..

Massive anvil top on it..

More comming up from the sOuth but not sure if I will see them

Also if u go on sat24 you will see that very soon they will travel more westerly than Southwesterly soon.

Posted

lmfao, was waiting for you to pop online ;) and here you are.

Its going to get pretty bad in the next hour here mate!

Afternoon Lewis :D

It's very dark here, and im surprised that nothing is happening yet.

Posted

Yeah, nice line of storms down there. They're been caused by the trough which is just crossing the Midlands so they will continue to transfer eastwards. Interestingly, there's another trough just off Wales, though I'm not sure if that'll likely develop any more storms. Good day for the Midlands! :D

the trough near wales could well bring in another batch, the showers will probably not fade away until 7/8pm. another cell is crossing me, bringing moderate precipitation, about 8mm so far today, not bad at all ;)

Posted

Tracking 9 thunderstorms

Cell ID K-4488 detected at 13:40 from 231.0° at a distance of 30 miles. Storm is weak and weakening.

Cell ID D-2629 detected at 13:10 from 48.6° at a distance of 104 miles. Storm is weak and intensifying.

Cell ID A-3647 detected at 13:27 from 196.5° at a distance of 21 miles. Storm is weak and intensifying.

Cell ID Y-1581 detected at 14:39 from 16.6° at a distance of 67 miles. Storm is weak and steady.

Cell ID N-769 detected at 14:25 from 182.9° at a distance of 19 miles. Storm is weak and steady.

Cell ID F-2547 detected at 14:55 from 135.8° at a distance of 170 miles. Storm is weak and steady.

Cell ID K-2640 detected at 14:56 from 302.5° at a distance of 205 miles. Storm is weak and steady.

Cell ID P-138 detected at 14:15 from 62.4° at a distance of 104 miles. Storm is weak and steady.

Cell ID B-2841 detected at 15:00 from 120.8° at a distance of 156 miles. Storm is weak and steady.

Plenty of storm activity in the last couple of hours, had a couple of direct hits here. good.gif

Edited by Koppite

Posted

Yeah, nice line of storms down there. They're been caused by the trough which is just crossing the Midlands so they will continue to transfer eastwards. Interestingly, there's another trough just off Wales, though I'm not sure if that'll likely develop any more storms. Good day for the Midlands! :D

the one that hit me is so large it would take 3 pics to get the Anvil head in the picture

this one(pic) is to my North..not the one that hit me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

its all heading for chelt. Miles away from glos etc.

Yep nothing here yet again!

The up side is had a good day for getting the washing out and dried, plenty of wind no rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Thunder rumbling away to my south west at present and a heavy shower just starting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Bit gutted about what we ended up getting today compared to other parts of the Midlands just east of here...

Looking at Radar from this afternoon, looks like that trough really got going just east of Shropshire, and although we got a few distant rumbles from it, you guys got all the action. The most potent cell around that time went about 10-15 miles south of here, pretty sure thats where the rain we got came from...

Notabley cooler here now, and not stormy at all... does not look like much coming out of Mid Wales, with the SW and SW Midlands in the fireing line for the moment...

Posted

thanks Weather 09...Im glad I can say at least I saw bolt's of lightning and thunder in UK this year....My prediction of August was one day out :D

I just might have a bolt on video..will have a look later

this is the one that hit here earlier

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

nice storm in manchester a tthe moment! nice larger hail than normal!

Posted

Ack- that storm I mentioned earlier only just clipped us. Too far north. But there's plenty more showers packing in behind- interesting!

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

I'm up on the lawns and just seen a flash of lightning in the distance :D;) ;)

cant see any from here you are higher up then me so better for seeing more im @ coat end