Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 1 2 09 onwards

Cookie

Posted

Got about an inch on the ground in Shrewsbury, so another day in the "lying snow" column. Stopped snowing about 8.30, not sure when it started but was coming down steadily around 7.

6 days of lying snow is the most in the "winter" quarter since 2001/2 (7 days), 4 days puts this month in equal second place this century (Jan 2002 5 days, March 2006 and Dec 2000 also 4 days). keep it coming!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Over 2/3 inches here snow started heavy around 7.30am

Posted

Snow has turned much heavier here in the last few minutes, despite showing as relatively slight on the radar. :lol:

-0.2C

Posted

2cm new snow this morning

had to go to Sheffield, around 700-750ft up, Ecclesall area, 6-8cm there, much fun, I think not, this morning on mainly untreated side roads, okay just now coming back although the very minor roads are snow covered still.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

over 5 inces of snows in me's gardens in lootons this mornings and steel there's sittings with me's snowymans and thees winter is ffleepin awesomes!!!

1.1c right nows and lying snows and very cheelys. We is hads lot of snows since Mondays!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Unbelievable- it's snowing and settling again in Exeter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
Unbelievable- it's snowing and settling again in Exeter!

Same here on the very low lying Somerset levels. This week has been unbelievable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

This is incredible, it's snowing like mad again - four nights in a row, in SOMERSET!!!!!

Posted

Moderate snow falling here...fantastic bonus for here as I could definately be described as NE Midlands. :)

Still 3 inches lying from yesterday morning so this is a real result, although I always fancied at least some showers ahead of the band to make it this far north.

Posted

A massive snowstorm all night here: it's been snowing continuously from 8 pm last night. Haven't ventured out to measure yet but I have never seen anything like it in this country: the heaviest snowfall I've seen in the UK. We have been under a power blackout most of the night during the snowstorm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Can concur with what WiB has said, nothing like this since I've been down here, looks like 3 feet in places, but widely 9-10 inches. Snowed since 7pm and still falling now.

Posted

Well we have 8inches in the shelter of the garden which means it must be 12inches in the field, with drifting well over a foot in places judging by my brief foray outside. And it's still belting down with snow here. We've made the national news: Holsworthy reported as one of the heaviest falls in the country. These pics don't do it justice. I have never seen snow like this in Britain. It reminds me of Canada! Incredible.

post-2020-1233906604_thumb.jpg

post-2020-1233906614_thumb.jpg

post-2020-1233906621_thumb.jpg

post-2020-1233906629_thumb.jpg

post-2020-1233906637_thumb.jpg

And it really is coming in horizontal at the moment.