Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow reports 1 2 09 onwards

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

3cm snow east of Exeter near the Met Office- had 2cm from afternoon snow showers at 3-4pm, and now having further snow. This is clearly Exeter's biggest snow event for a number of years (highlighting how snowless recent years have been in this part of the country).

I can confirm that there has also been falling and lying snow at Cleadon, Tyne & Wear, but most of the day had a "freeze-thaw" process during the sunshine and the showers, such that accumulations never exceeded 2 inches. It's now melting there due to a combination of less cold air, and the strong wind off the relatively warm North Sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

I haven't seen snowfall persist this long since I was a small child. The snow is piling up outside the back door (so much so I had trouble opening it :) ) and it is coming down very heavily. Small drifts of about 6 inches in places, about 3-4 inches more evenly. I never would have imagined so much snow here, I thought I might possibly get a flurry or two but it's been snowing heavily for 5 hours now. I'm going to have trouble getting to work tomorrow :)

Posted

Still coming down quite heavily here, blizzards too. Temp -0.5oC. Anybody care to join me on the veranda for a cup of Yorkshire Tea? ....... bring your own waterproof kex!! lol

post-3616-1233609701_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Heavy snow pushing in here, could snow for much of the night now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Been snowing for quite some time now after heavy showers throughout the day. 4.5cm now accumalated on the pavements and more than that on the grass.

Posted

decent snowfall in central Norfolk if not dramatic - perhaps 2 inches at most before it turned to drizzle - snoe cover remains, but getting very slushy, has remained mostly dry recently, hopefully it will remain dry now until the cold comes in and some of the snow makes it through tomorrow.

Posted

After a few showers in the morning, we had almost continuous snow from about 3pm. Only of any consequence between about 4 & 5.30. Maybe up to about 3 cm. Still snowing very slightly, but the temperature is now clearly above freezing as there is some thawing going on.

Posted

I can confirm Blizzard conditions out there, strong winds and heavy snow with some drifting, slightly wet but not bad!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.

Just for the record we ended up with about 10cm in Hexham yesterday before turning to sleet overnight (may be rain in the end - didn't see it)

John

Posted

Up to 5inches here now, locally 6inches. Drifting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I expected a rapid thaw and rain/sleet showers in Exeter today, but instead it's only slightly warmer than yesterday- a slow thaw, with sunshine and wet snow showers. It took me by surprise when the shower came over at 9:30am and produced another whiteout, temporarily adding a little to the inch or so of snow cover that we still have- especially as the winds are from the south-west now!

Posted

Up to 6 inches fell here in Swansea, slight thaw this afternoon, but the main problem now is Ice

Posted

There were two more wintry showers in Exeter since I last posted- a heavy snowstorm at around 11:30am and a hailstorm at lunchtime, which briefly covered the ground. However most of the snow cover thawed during the sunshine in between the showers.

Guest Shetland Coastie

Sleet and wet snow here in Shetland this morning with it forecast to turn more to snow later with heavy showers. Forecast for tomorrow looks excellent with the meto forecasting blizzards for here :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Was surprised to wake up to more snow this morning; we've had another couple of inches overnight.

I've been down here for twelve years now, this is the best snowy period to date, usually getting sleet at best, I wonder if those cooler than usual SSTs around the South West have anything to do with this year being so much better?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow

It has been snowing since about 8:00am here in north Ballachulish (highlands) at sea level. The smaller side roads are starting to cover and I bet the ski centers are happy. I will post pictures later if it amounts to anything.

:D:D:D

Posted

a few very light flurries of snow and soft hail in the early hours and the odd flake coming down now and again this morning.

looks like about 2cm fell in this area from the main snow belt, was not here so its an estimate., back garden still well covered and parts of front also.

Edited by johnholmes