Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 9

Posted

Yep! The only way TN9 is getting to Sheerness is to dump the car and swim across the river!!

River,river??,good god man thats the Swale you talking about,you know, sinking mud,strong tidal currents,huge boats,dodgy marshland,you talk as if its wading through a woodland stream,saying that its more likely warmer in than out at the moment :(

Posted

The heaviest PPN didn't get quite as far as South Woodham Ferrers but we clipped the edge of the heavy stuff... what is 17cm in inches? We've ended up with 2-3 inches, sherbert quality stuff on top icing on the cake, joint best snowfall here in the 2000s.

Posted

Getting frustrated now, nice bit of precip just above us on the radar, i bet it will break up and go around us!

Posted

Very diffcult to say. The BBC forecast suggested only W parts of Norfolk i.e Wells next to the sea westwards. However you never know what may develop in the N Sea.

Hi TEITS,

Interesting that they did forecast that, currently the showers are coming ashore about 20 miles east of Wells, nearer Mundesley/Walcott. I'm not complaining, as I seem to be right in the path :( temperature down to 0.5C, having reached the dizzy heights of 0.9C earlier. Dewpoint only -0.9C

Looks very little anywhere near Norwich

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

The heaviest PPN didn't get quite as far as South Woodham Ferrers but we clipped the edge of the heavy stuff... what is 17cm in inches? We've ended up with 2-3 inches, sherbert quality stuff on top icing on the cake, joint best snowfall here in the 2000s.

almost 7 inches

Posted

More snow for west Kent plank?

Looks that way, to me. MetO agree, too - but waiting for their normal morning update. Theta-W charts are about right until 18z Saturday, and thicknesses remain very good for snow. If it precipitates, it should fall as snow.

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted

River,river??,good god man thats the Swale you talking about,you know, sinking mud,strong tidal currents,huge boats,dodgy marshland,you talk as if its wading through a woodland stream,saying that its more likely warmer in than out at the moment :(

:nonono: Don't be such a wuss!!! Oh, and I'm a girlie not a bloke :D

Posted

After our 6-8 inches in February, this depth looks rather pathetic. We've got about 2 inches in places, and the road is mostly clear even though it hasn't been gritted; nevertheless the schools are closed etc.

I've uploaded some pics here : http://picasaweb.google.com/dupplawt/Snow18thDecember09#

This just goes to show how localised things can be. I am 5-8 miles north of you and have 25cm similar ammounts to last Feb. Get up to stevenage!

Posted

Anymore snow on the way for Luton, beds? Forecasts are showing different things.

Ill show you lot a few pics of what we already have once they have uploaded! :nonono::(

Posted

This just goes to show how localised things can be. I am 5-8 miles north of you and have 25cm similar ammounts to last Feb. Get up to stevenage!

Will do! Ware often seems to only get a small amount whereas Stevenage and Harlow get shed loads! :(

It's -1.7c here atm and I doubt it will get above freezing.

Posted

OK, I have done some more tracking and plotting and its a really fun one to do as a lot happening in the north sea and also a lot happening just outside the UK radar but you can see it over germany and netherlands developing, with also a downward track from scandinavia is making fun.

From what I can see it looks like today might well turn into some fun conditions still for the south east and kent, essex and suffolk. It is very clear that its building now, with the heat of the sea things are getting interesting.

I will go out on a limb here and say in about 4 to 5 hrs thats 2 to 3pm we may get another dump of good quality snow. :(

Now I could be 100% wrong, or miss the plot, but I think this is setting itself up nice.

Posted

Hi TEITS,

Interesting that they did forecast that, currently the showers are coming ashore about 20 miles east of Wells, nearer Mundesley/Walcott. I'm not complaining, as I seem to be right in the path :drinks: temperature down to 0.5C, having reached the dizzy heights of 0.9C earlier. Dewpoint only -0.9C

Looks very little anywhere near Norwich

Totally agree, seem to come inland a few miles then skim the coast east to west