Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 9

Posted

Morning ..spectacular views on the Godstone -Oxted Road .......average snow depth around 15cm ... -1 ..... blue sky moving in .... Looks like there will a big gathering in the Hare and Hounds as the village makes no attempts to go to work!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Love a good old Thunderstorm.

We're having a few snow flurries here.

Hey Saint

Do you think we will get anymore in WGC today or over the next few days. Cheers

Posted

Met Office forcasting more snow for me in Ashford but, the clouds are parting and the sun is trying to come out!!! :):):)

Posted

we have about 5inches here in medway..and a power cut since 10pm last night when the thunder/lightening hit. Currently running kettle/modem off the generator ! lol

Edited by jackie

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Amazing night for snow last night here in Buntingford, East Hertfordshire.

Must be about 8 inches of snow, a couple of pictures below :)

post-2901-1261127864804_thumb.jpg

post-2901-12611280700262_thumb.jpg

post-2901-12611282640105_thumb.jpg

Posted

Morning ..spectacular views on the Godstone -Oxted Road .......average snow depth around 15cm ... -1 ..... blue sky moving in .... Looks like there will a big gathering in the Hare and Hounds as the village makes no attempts to go to work!!

Thats the spirit lol,one off all off,only takes one nutter to try to get out then everybody else feels they have to try too,been nice this time next week,Christmas morning and all,but then again big spanners in Christmases works,white Christmases are fine if you can sit by the window drinking sherry,but any running around and you have had it. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

Looks like Hertfordshire got a pasting. Not much here on the south coast. A bit more on the South Downs though not surprisingly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well - made it into work. Must congratulate Southeastern trains on keeping it all going - despite the several inches and blizzard like conditions this morning.

So cold - several inches of snow, though surprisingly upon arriving into London, virtually none!!!

Thunder and lightning last night (3 flashes and bangs) was a very exciting touch too :)

Posted

we have about 5inches here in medway..and a power cut since 10pm last night when the thunder/lightening hit. Currently running kettle/modem off the generator ! lol

Just under a foot of snow on the ground, roads closed, abandoned cars etc etc.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I think i'm going to move back to west kent lol , used to live in hempstead valley... they had far more snow than anything this way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

The Wash streamer certainly did it's bit - level 5" and more still to come. Just to the south round Norwich not much at all. Just can't see the end of the streamer.

Posted
  • Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Guildford, Surrey
  • Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Guildford, Surrey

I only got about a centimetre, if that :clap:

I can dream of a pasting later on today, but somehow I don't think it's going to happen.

Posted

I think last year was the only one in 6 or 7 that i didnt catch you!

Well we had an hours worth last night that settled but then temps went up and it turned to rain when i went to bed about 1 a.m. Pleasantly suprised this morning as at about 6.30 it hammered it down covering everything. Light flurrys now, be suprised if there is much more but you never know....

Glad you got some! It's fantastic here, hoping to get out in it later on. Had a bit of a sketchy moment in the car last night, it's my first time driving in snow, so that's been interesting! Anyway, have a good day - hope you get more a bit later on :clap:

Posted

Just under a foot of snow on the ground, roads closed, abandoned cars etc etc.

Whats 'the hill' like Vp,meant to be going to Sheerness soon

Posted

Heres a scene from the back garden. Here in Fakenham we got a good spell from the band that went through earlier on. :clap::clap: :w00t:

No far, Fakenham is only 20 miles to the NW of me! I will say again that alot of people have missed out. In Swanley. NW Kent, they have only had an inch yet Maidstone has 5-6 inches??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

so as the last of the snow clears to my west, is there any chance of some more later on maybe?? The radar shows nothing at the mo.

Posted

The Wash streamer certainly did it's bit - level 5" and more still to come. Just to the south round Norwich not much at all. Just can't see the end of the streamer.

Latest BBC forecast is suggesting the wash streamer will continue for much of the day. infact the GFS progs further snow until the early hrs of tomorrow morning!

Posted

Actually just measured on my North East facing part of the garden and have 17cm :w00t:

Still beat you just...Lol.

Must admit that is amazing snowfall for coastal area Leigh-on-Sea. :clap:

Posted

Latest BBC forecast is suggesting the wash streamer will continue for much of the day. infact the GFS progs further snow until the early hrs of tomorrow morning!

Is that likely to get as far inland as snowless Norwich?