Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

A level 3 inches on top of the car this morning and last night was the first time i have experienced thunder and lightning in a snow storm ! :wallbash:

Posted

so where is this heavy snow all day meto are warning about? Radar showing nothing promising for the next few hours at all

Posted

I couldnt agree more its health and safety gone MAD!!!

All seems to be so soft.

Recall in the 50's when I went to school I had to ride my bike 8 miles there and back. One cold winter I use to take a short cut by riding on the river. Must admit I would always let someone else go first. That is where I learnt the joys of delegation.

H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Gravsend East. Temp 0.0c DP -0.8

Lovely orange sky now as sun breaks through the clouds.

As the cliche states " Red sky in morning,sheds on fire" :clap:

Clear slot coming into the Thames estaury now but another band spinning around Norfolk coast and should move SW into region in a couple of hours.

Posted

4-5 inches here in Haywards Heath (West/East Sussex border) - I think that's more than we had in February but I was flying to Mozambique that day so didn't really get a chance to go out with a ruler...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Lightish snow starting again in Eastbourne, heavy dark clouds but not showing on the radar at all, always strange when that happens.

Morning Tom, another winter that we meet again!

Edited by jasonuk

Posted

It stopped here or rather it slowed right down but the next band has just arrived and it's getting heavy again

Posted

Very small flakes of snow in the air at the moment :)

Shhh stop copying me, i just said that :clap:

Posted

Yes indeed Jason, I'm much more of a lurker than a poster these days but on an occasion like this, you pretty much have to log in and happily gloat don't you?! How much did you get in Eastbourne?

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

It seems if their TV studio has snow, then they automatically assume that there is snow everywhere across the region. That isn't always the case sadly. I feel sorry for the guys in east Kent, and south East Sussex (Rye, Hastings etc). I was only on the far edge of the 'hit spot', and I have about 3/4 inches here.

Here, north of Hastings up the A28 there is a covering at least this morning - albeit a light one. Enough to make everything look pretty enough, but not enough to be sustained without further falls. I pretty much expected this situation yesterday - hopefully there will be more snow to come before the easterly runs out of steam late today so at least I have a covering into the weekend. It's dry atm - just the odd light flurry in the wind. Clouds to the south east of here look quite interesting - a day when the sun wants to stay away.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Just threw my cat out (not literally)cause she was meowing to go out,so i thought i would use her as a measuring device,her legs disappeared and she was non nonplussed,she now back in again :clap:

post-8172-12611271390581_thumb.jpg

post-8172-12611271630054_thumb.jpg

Posted

Snowstorms to the left of me, blizzards to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with nowt! Currently SW London...

Home is Bromley and there it is deep and crisp and even, Just shows what a difference the odd 18 miles makes.

Posted

It stopped here or rather it slowed right down but the next band has just arrived and it's getting heavy again

Please send it down here! My son will have a great big beaming smile if he saw some more 'glee' as he called it :clap:

Posted

Yes indeed Jason, I'm much more of a lurker than a poster these days but on an occasion like this, you pretty much have to log in and happily gloat don't you?! How much did you get in Eastbourne?

I think last year was the only one in 6 or 7 that i didnt catch you!

Well we had an hours worth last night that settled but then temps went up and it turned to rain when i went to bed about 1 a.m. Pleasantly suprised this morning as at about 6.30 it hammered it down covering everything. Light flurrys now, be suprised if there is much more but you never know....