Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 9

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Tunbridge Wells is buried, must be at least 6 inches though haven't found my ruler to confirm. No cars likely to get out my road which has steep hills either way out. Moderate snow still falling, seem to have been under a snow streamer last few hours.

post-1052-1261121049512_thumb.jpgpost-1052-12611210169112_thumb.jpgpost-1052-12611209849571_thumb.jpg

Posted

The true extent of the snow is now known as the sun rises!

Some beautiful air shots for the TV companys today!

forecaster on BBC 3 Counties said: little or no thaw of lying snow today as it has froze and expects it to freeze tonight again, mentioned we could get a few CM's on top of it Saturday night.

Posted

Some beautiful air shots for the TV companys today!

forecaster on BBC 3 Counties said: little or no thaw of lying snow today as it has froze and expects it to freeze tonight again, mentioned we could get a few CM's on top of it Saturday night.

A winter wonderland in the run up to Christmas with little chance of a thaw!

Posted

79 schools in norfolk closed to far including my sons.

My daughters school is a cambs school but as she is in a wheelchair and needs lifting in and out she will not be in either.

Hard to say how much is on the ground . . where car tracks are it looks like a few inches but will measure in a bit.

Hope everyone enjoys the snow today but manages to stay safe esp this close to christmas.

Janet x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

Where are you in Rochester? I'm up by the airport. Been fantastic snowfall for us :-)

i am in frindsbury strood,you having fun up there.

Posted

Good news. I work up near Rochester airport, so a day off for me I think laugh.gif . Down here by the River Medway west of Maidstone, we have 6 inches so lord knows how much you must have on top of the downs.

Mark

Stay indoors! Bluebell Hill is closed, so you won't be able to get here! It is mad but fantastic!

Posted

Wow - we've woken up to about 5 inches maybe 6 in High Wycombe and I'm not even on a hill! I haven't been outside to measure properly cold.gif

My daughter's school is not on the closed list but as they are finishing at lunchtime anyway I don't think I'll be struggling in!!

Have fun today those who have snow, and those who haven't - you might still be lucky smile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

is thst it for surrey

then

More on the way, no where near as bad as Feb 09 but still the best since I can remember in the last 10 or so years (Barring Feb 09 of course)

It's only mid december, still 3 months of Winter to go yet, anything can happen.

Loks like family will be going to work and school though :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

More on the way, no where near as bad as Feb 09 but still the best since I can remember in the last 10 or so years (Barring Feb 09 of course)

It's only mid december, still 3 months of Winter to go yet, anything can happen.

Loks like family will be going to work and school though sad.gif

cheers more this morning then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Tunbridge Wells is buried, must be at least 6 inches though haven't found my ruler to confirm. No cars likely to get out my road which has steep hills either way out. Moderate snow still falling, seem to have been under a snow streamer last few hours.

post-1052-1261121049512_thumb.jpgpost-1052-12611210169112_thumb.jpgpost-1052-12611209849571_thumb.jpg

Fantastic pics, if only we had that in London, seems to have bypassed us :cc_confused:

Posted

A winter wonderland in the run up to Christmas with little chance of a thaw!

Yep!!!!!

Only 1 vehicle has made it up our hill this morning...

The ones that are trying are failing and can't make past it 10 meters at the bottom!:cc_confused:

Posted

Very nice!!!! A small amount in the middle of the evening and now a more sustained period of snow! I don't have to go to work today (chaos apparently in Mid Sussex), so plenty of playtime and photography for me. :cc_confused:

Posted

Well I have woken up to 1mm of snow here in herne bay...how disappointing :cc_confused:

Awww...don't panic - looks like it's heading your way later today. Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Posted

Had a look out at 4am - we still had 0.5cm

Wake up at 7.30am and we have about 8cm!

Can only imagine what west Kent is like?

Reports of thundersnow on the western side of Maidstone too

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

88 Norfolk schools closed it's pathetic really, makes you wonder how this country ever built the worlds largest empire ever lol.

A little more than a dusting perhaps 1cm or so now the suns slowing coming up, total cloud cover though, I hope it snows some more for the little ones, poor William was gutted this morning when he woke up to little snow and he's only 3

Gob smacked with some of the pics uploaded looks really good, very jealous

Posted

Yep!!!!!

Only 1 vehicle has made it up our hill this morning...

The ones that are trying are failing and can't make past it 10 meters at the bottom!:cc_confused:

That must be one strong vehicle, Getting up a hill with snow is very difficult. I live on flater ground so cars should be able to move! :lol:

Posted

Well, on the high ground in Tunbridge Wells, my plastic ran gauge in the middle of the lawn cannot be seen - and that is about 6" tall.

It is still snowing quite hard. The radar suggests a bit more to come.

MM

Posted

Virtually nothing here just 4 miles north west of Norwich. Strangeness. What has fallen is now frozen so local roads will be interesting regardless. Doesnt look like we will get any today either.

Edited by GarethK

Posted

Virtually nothing here just 4 miles north west of Norwich. Strangeness. What has fallen is now frozen so local roads will be interesting regardless. Doesnt look like we will get any today either.

Looks like some more might be about to hit us here, i'll send it on it's way to you, used to live in Taverham

Posted

I must have 2 or 3 inches here in north london. IM pretty hhappy with that. But i what i found intresting is that the bbc weather has said 10-15 cm more snow likely over some areas today. MY guess perhaps around northwest kent and south east london but the snow did look to hit most ares today so more snow for many:)

Also, looks, like some snow for saturday night.:cc_confused:

Posted

That must be one strong vehicle, Getting up a hill with snow is very difficult. I live on flater ground so cars should be able to move! :cc_confused:

Yeah!!:lol:

I'm glad St. Albans has altitude, seems to have helped us a lot! Compared to depths in other parts of Herts.

And I'm glad I live on a hill, means I can't get to work!