Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

It does look like that clump of cloud off W Netherlands is still building, while there is still an organised streak of convection into The Wash, so it all seems to be pretty active still.

Lots of people will wake up to a nice surprise, while others will no doubt have been unlucky. Seems the forecasters were pretty accurate - 20cm for some, 0-5 for others.

I am in the second bracket unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

JUst woke up for a sneak peak here in Dover, East Kent and as I and everyone suspected... Nothing... only remnants from the shower we had at 3pm ish yesterday afternoon :( doesn't looks likely for any to pass over us either :(

Theres snow in this part of Dover - a dusting :cray:

Posted

The darker blues are just beginning to sink over me. Just imagine this location but maybe a cm south east of that.

http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/subs/hiradarzoomv4.pl?map=;xtime=05:05;sx=0;sy=0;xw=64;yw=64;places=0;sharp=a;postcode=tn3;pcz=y;actime=;prec=;scale=;sferics=0;metar=;sess=44879c5140abe167156de8f7bd6eeeb9

This has got to work out fairly well I think. It's snowing quite well as it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

One last rogue shower heading straight towards Barnet within the next 15 mins then that's it for me. There's nothing else behind it.

Ditto. It's our last chance saloon, it's been a very long night, without much success.

Posted

Theres snow in this part of Dover - a dusting :cray:

T think that band may just clip us if we're lucky, the rain today radar shows it heading right for us. not far from Deal... I'm hoping anyway lol

Posted

I was in the Wash band for about 6 hours, but Im out of it and waiting for it to come back! Lots of potential still

I will be on later, COD time now.....

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

The darker blues are just beginning to sink over me. Just imagine this location but maybe a cm south east of that.

http://www.netweathe...56de8f7bd6eeeb9

This has got to work out fairly well I think. It's snowing quite well as it is.

Hoofing it down here,heavier than earlier even

Posted

If you look at the meto radar it shows what is now a fairly heavy and large area of snow sinking into the south eastern corner. That might do the trick for a lot of people in Kent. For my part, it is snowing quite heavily now, and I just hope that this thing doesn't slip too quickly over us. But it's just about bed time now. I need a few hours before tomorrow.

Posted

It seems to have stalled over southend only travelling south slightly, and the area from london has swung round below it.

It wasnt my eyes then.

Looks like its rotating anticlock slightly with me near the centre. Alas it is drying up here now.

The hooked shape at the NE end of the showers shows it turning nicely

here

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Snowing in Dover again :cray: only slightly but it's snowing... Just have to hope that band slides a little further towards us!

Posted

It wasnt my eyes then.

Looks like its rotating anticlock slightly with me near the centre!

The hooked shape at the NE end of the showers shows it turning nicely

here

Yes I've seen that rotation. I think I might be about to end up in a long stream of heavy snow. Don't want to get ahead of myself, but the raintoday radar has my eyes popping out of my head.

I've also noticed this is my 999th post. Perhaps I should say goodnight now and go to bed. save 1000 for tomorrow, with a winter wonderland outside my window...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Snowing in Dover again smile.gif only slightly but it's snowing... Just have to hope that band slides a little further towards us!

Fingers crossed.

Posted

If you look at the meto radar it shows what is now a fairly heavy and large area of snow sinking into the south eastern corner. That might do the trick for a lot of people in Kent. For my part, it is snowing quite heavily now, and I just hope that this thing doesn't slip too quickly over us. But it's just about bed time now. I need a few hours before tomorrow.

Your having a laugh,best its been and your pulling out :(,no ,i know what you mean ,my eyes are going square,the kids will say 'are you coming out in it dad' and i will say 'na poxy snow ive been watching it all night' :cray:

Posted

Very lucky there in southend... send it over this way please rolleyes.gif

now heaviest snow all night !! huge lumps !!!yahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Yeah its been a fun night lampost gazing.

Shame it's coming to an end.

Roll on Sat night, hopefully a bit more to come. Although not expecting much at all from a front that has travelled the whole length of the UK!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Snowing in Dover again :( only slightly but it's snowing... Just have to hope that band slides a little further towards us!

Hi - theres a pool of frigid upper air (-11c uppers)heading off Dunkirk, France now and it may devlop as it heads over the +10c Channel waters.

The main focus for us here is from 3pm today right through til 3pm Saturday - thats when we get back a NNE wind :cray:

Edited by Whether Idle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Sorry to hear you have no snow. Today doesn't hold anything too interesting. This front fading southwards now might work for you, I'm not sure. Beyond that it's showers. Situated out there, if temps hold up you might get some action.

You can always hope. In any case, Saturday night looks like a sure thing for all of us.

What's the forecast for Saturday welly boot?

Posted

Hi - theres a pool of frigid upper air (-11c uppers)heading off Dunkirk, France now and it may devlop as it heads over the +10c Channel waters.

The main focus for us here is from 3pm today right through til 3pm Saturday - thats when we get back a NNE wind :cray:

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind :(

Here's hoping with his fingers crossed :(

Posted

Your having a laugh,best its been and your pulling out :(,no ,i know what you mean ,my eyes are going square,the kids will say 'are you coming out in it dad' and i will say 'na poxy snow ive been watching it all night' :cray:

I need to be able to enjoy the snow in daylight remember. That's the whole point isn't it. Or is it? What's the point again...?

Anyway, screw the 1000th post, despite there being no obvious light sources around here (maybe t wells over the horizon), outside its gone orange once your eyes acclimatise, and its a complete white out. Im excited. My window ledge drift is building fast. But I must catch 4 hours now. I'm going to have one last lingering gaze out of the window, then sleep. Night all. This has been good.

Posted

I really seriously think this is rotating over me here!

Non-stop heavy snow. Look at the shape of the shower band at its NE end heading back towards me I think?

Or wishful thinking!?

HERE

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Hi people!! Just got up for work.

Well what a suprise, I was expecting all of the laying to be gone (quite a bit well over an inch) but we have much more now, quite a few inches!!!! Roads are a misery in Herts, Beds and Bucks....loads of snow.

Power off in parts of Herts also and thier are also snow flurries around.