Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 9

Posted

So has it started there? I have been waiting for that band of showers to start reaching London, yet another reason to stay up even longer. It would be great to see another decent shower before finally succumbing to sleep, even though it looks better for me now than it has for a few hours. AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!

Very addictive this snow watching lark. lol

Thankfully I don't have to be up early tomorrow or I would have packed it by now.

Posted

Snow still forecast into tomorrow afternoon around E Anglia based on the 0Z GFS. Turning drier in the SE however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

It is! Hooray! just a shower by the looks of it though. How much has Ilford got?

[/quotes]

started to become quite heavy now! but quite small flakes at the moment. woodford green is about 10mins from me, it must be snowing there.

Posted

Its all heading South though now rather quickly, would have prefered a ENE track, oh well.

I think we should be ok,shouldn't we,shouldn't we:unknw: lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

If I can take the liberty of posting this example up again of Thames streamer event and compare the synoptics for this morning.

I mentioned earlier on today, I remember a virtual all nighter with Steve, TEITS and others, as we watched a shortwave drop WSW from S.Denmark/N.germany. The forecast was for snow but dew points were too high and only the S.Pennines got decent snowfall.

Following day Thames streamer kicked in. This is the chart at the height of that event, midnight 25th Feb.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2005/Rrea00120050225.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2005/Rrea00220050225.gif

Now 6.00 am chart for today.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn061.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn062.png

I think you mentioned the other day Steve, we needed the shortwave to be further west, past the meridian, to give us a shot at a true Thames streamer. Not a million miles away but the flow is not quite east enough!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Very addictive this snow watching lark. lol

Thankfully I don't have to be up early tomorrow or I would have packed it by now.

I work from home, and am luckily the boss, but it is still gonna affect my match previews for Saturday.

But, back to the weather, there is still a massive swathe of ppn building in the North Sea - satellite image and the european radar shows loads of convection as it hits from the Wash and into the Thames Estuary - Euro radar, so looks like very little sleep for me, unless things fall apart dramatically.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

The heavy band of snow currently over essex/south suffolk definitely is moving more south, looks due to hit north kent soon, maybe even pepping up as the land increases in height and showers gain moisture over the water...a good few inches I think from this one line alone

PS - I lvoe that fact that I am sitting in Canada not caring what it does out my window, but find the snow synopsis in England fascinating....here's to more snow!!

Posted

It is! Hooray! just a shower by the looks of it though. How much has Ilford got?

[/quotes]

started to become quite heavy now! but quite small flakes at the moment. woodford green is about 10mins from me, it must be snowing there.

It is, but not heavy, I reckon we have around an inch here. But I am High up, the Highest point in Woodford apparently.

Darn, the lights flashed again

Posted

The heavy band of snow currently over essex/south suffolk definitely is moving more south, looks due to hit north kent soon, maybe even pepping up as the land increases in height and showers gain moisture over the water...a good few inches I think from this one line alone

PS - I lvoe that fact that I am sitting in Canada not caring what it does out my window, but find the snow synopsis in England fascinating....here's to more snow!!

Don't you have half a ton yourself?

Posted

oh no,i was in my own winter world till mentioned zonal dross,such a long time watching this come over the horizon,then back to the drawing board nurturing another cold spell through the pit falls and side tracks,hard old game this :(

Yes I often feel that my hard work is not appreciated as it should be. Still, someone's gotta do it.

Looking at our chances tonight, I think you're still in a better position than I am. Currently I'm just sitting in a blank spot south east of all the magic. I am willing the north sea to get started with some showers a bit further south and to start sending them across us here. Everybody else is stealing my snow!

Posted

10 degrees of angle out tom.......

Pity-

Also the thames is modifying the air upwards by about 0.2/0.3c at the moment-

Steve

So close!!!! the last radar is really showing the showers building in the estuary, but just too much of a N'ly component. If only that low was 30 miles further SW now.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just getting some heavier stuff in Lee now, you must be getting it too Steve.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Don't you have half a ton yourself?

Yeah but it doesnt excite half as much as when it snows in England

Posted

Wow! Seriously heavy snow here. Probably heavier than earlier. Blowing E-W down my street. Near whiteout conditions. Looks like streamer snow to me. But having seen your post Steve, guess not.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

I am such a kid: woke up just now and had to have a peek!

Lovely here: have a couple of inches at least and it's still going :(

Posted

What I would give for a stiff ENE'ly right now, all the components are there, just a slight variation in the wind and i get a dumping.

EDIT: At least it has started snowing lightly again, was beginning to go a bit :(

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

is it settling?

Hell yeah. Tyre tracks gone in minutes!

This is crazy for this area of Essex.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Yes I often feel that my hard work is not appreciated as it should be. Still, someone's gotta do it.

Looking at our chances tonight, I think you're still in a better position than I am. Currently I'm just sitting in a blank spot south east of all the magic. I am willing the north sea to get started with some showers a bit further south and to start sending them across us here. Everybody else is stealing my snow!

If mr Snowray is right,cause your a few miles ssw of me it might cop you the hardest,think we will all get something around here but its just the way the cookie crumbles really :(