Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 9

Posted

Finally snowing in Lowestoft :) hope it lasts untill the kids get up :/

Yea, be nice to wake up to some snow in the morning hehe. Though last i checked it had stopped :unsure:.

To the guys who know their stuff, whats the chances of a decent snow shower in Lowestoft?

Im in Soham about 15 miles east north east of cambridge on the suffolk/norfolk border. Started snowing around 7ish heavy and hasnt really stopped since then still coming down heavy now, measured 4inchs a couple hours ago must be nearly 6inchs now amazing stufff blue coloured lightning bolts bursting everywhere , roads terrible not as much as Feb 09 but more intense ... and fun !! :unsure:

Posted

Is the PPN building in the estuary? doesn't seem to be good enough to produce much more snow?

Check the radar - here

Heavy snow now falling again. Arise Sir Thames Streamer pleeeeeaaassee...

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

We are in Leighton Buzzard, South Beds, we were slow starters but has been snowing for last 2 hours or so..still windy and bitterly cold...not heavy snow but a reasonable cover. Can anyone tell me is there more to come?

Posted

Not much happening down here, had a miniscule sleet blizzard the past hour settling only slightly on car roofs. Temperature is dropping now the low pressure is moving out and the sleet is getting more to snow, but the precipitation isn't there? or maybe it will be later (BBC showed snow moving back this way late tonight and Saturday).

Edited by Snow Cat

Posted

Not technically the south-east and East Anglia, but heavy blowing snow has now finally arrived into East Northants and the Peterborough Area.

Posted

MetO have sent a severe weather update that more heavy snow will hit the Croydon Borough in the next few hours

Posted

Must be a Nightmare flying in at Luton tonight. They closed the airfield between 10-12pm, adding to that the only Shuttle Bus to the LTN Parkway railway station was out of service. Meaning all the passengers getting off the evening flights (Easyjet, Monarch, Ryanair) had to endure the 1 mile walk through the Snow and Cold to get their ride home, along with carrying their luggage.

Posted

Must be quite a covering in Peterborough now. Shame TEITS has gone AWOL!

yea thats what i thought,probably a kip with his head propped up on the monitor,while all hell is breaking loose outside :unsure:

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

It is still snowing in LB but quite light now...can anybody tell me if we have more to come?

Posted

Right i'm giving it another 30mins or so, then turning in.

Had a heavy shower 10 mins ago, but stopped again. Not sure this streamer is going to come off...

Maybe in the next hour or so, if it is going too..

Posted

Must be quite a covering in Peterborough now. Shame TEITS has gone AWOL!

Only just started to get going to be honest. Absolute white out at the moment.

I know everyone is going on about the Thames streamer but at the moment the action is through the Wash. Personally I can't see a Thames streamer developing.

Posted

Really Yamkin? Was going to give up shortly!!

Showers will intensify in a few hours to give prolonged snowfall in the SE

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

A quick update from Buntingford, East Hertfordshire....

Still snowing heavy and over 10cm of snow already fallen.

post-2901-12611007908281_thumb.jpg

Edited by North Londoner

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

MetO have sent a severe weather update that more heavy snow will hit the Croydon Borough in the next few hours

hi ramkin really thought that was it excelent

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

I can't tell from the radar if anything will pep up here, is it worth me waking up early in the morning to find lying snow? cold.gif Or shall I sleep straight through and have a lie in? biggrin.gif

I was supposed to be going to bed myself, but it has definitely got colder this last half hour or so and the radar seems to be intensifying showers off the north and east kent coast - and for the first time they are heading this way!cold.gif

I have to be up and out at a reasonable time tomorrow, so shall have to go to bed, but I am hoping like you to find a white blanket in the morning to greet me from my own sleeping blanket!biggrin.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Snow in Chelmsford seems to have increased in intensity in the last 5 mins, now quite heavy.

Heavy shower has developed nicely between Witham and Colchester heading our way in the next 10 minutes or so. yahoo.gif