Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Okay just looked outside and it is really coming down now....earlier on Luton, St Albans and High Wycombe all getting snow and we had clear skies but we waited and now it seems to have got here. We seemed o be just missing ir here in Leighton Buzzard. does anyone know if we have more to come? Need to know if kids are going to school tmz?? It is stil very windy here but we havent had the thunder/lightening other places have had.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Showers will intensify in a few hours to give prolonged snowfall in the SE

how did you get that info not that im moaning sounds good

Posted

Only just started to get going to be honest. Absolute white out at the moment.

I know everyone is going on about the Thames streamer but at the moment the action is through the Wash. Personally I can't see a Thames streamer developing.

Look at the radar TEITS. here

Look at the angle of the showers in the S N.Sea (E-W angle)

Could of course be wishful thinking on my part...

Hope you get a decent covering after missing out earlier.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Snow has really picked up here in the last 10 mins with real blizzard conditions! :D Has been snowing since about 9.45 generally moderate to heavy.

Posted

I was supposed to be going to bed myself, but it has definitely got colder this last half hour or so and the radar seems to be intensifying showers off the north and east kent coast - and for the first time they are heading this way!cold.gif

I have to be up and out at a reasonable time tomorrow, so shall have to go to bed, but I am hoping like you to find a white blanket in the morning to greet me from my own sleeping blanket!biggrin.gif

Stay up,and you will be up and out reasonable,and if it does come down heavy you still will be up,but the going out might become difficult,and if it doesnt then make it up tomorrow night before the next batch,see sorted :D

Posted

Wind has now dropped. Snow has stopped too. Guessing the Wind is changing direction now.

Will give it half an hour then I'm off to bed. Can't see anything on the radar coming my way now.

Fun while it lasted. :D

What is with everyone popping out for a fag? lol

Edited by cj114

Posted

Im really new to this but hooked..thats why im up so late!! Really not sure if theres more to come...anyone want to help a damsel in distress???

Posted

Good for you - I was giving the distance in relation to where I am a few other are

I only just saw this. I didn't mean to be gloating or something when I expressed disbelief that you didn't have any. I was merely pointing out that your description of your location put you very close to me, and I couldn't believe your bad luck. Sorry if you took offence.

Posted

how did you get that info not that im moaning sounds good

Croydon Council is a paying customer if you get my drift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Latest radar shows bands of ppn lining up more east-west in the Thames Estuary, although only light at the moment, some heavier echoes showing over Essex. Looks to be a window of between 3.00 a.m and 9.00 a.m where a Thames streamer could set-up.

If so, imo, favoured areas would be S.E.Essex then W.S.W. into N.W.Kent and perhaps clipping into S.E.London and E.Surrey.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

I have to be up and out at a reasonable time tomorrow, so shall have to go to bed, but I am hoping like you to find a white blanket in the morning to greet me from my own sleeping blanket!biggrin.gif

Yes I think I'll follow your lead, not much is happening here and I don't want to stay up all night so I'll hope there's something by morning. :D If not our area might even get more tomorrow and Saturday. And there's the whole rest of winter yet to come!.

To those staying on overnight, happy chart watching fellow snow lovers, from first appearances I expect to see some classic snow and sledging pictures coming out of Ipswich and Chelmsford areas tomorrow! :D

Posted

Croydon Council is a paying customer if you get my drift

fantastic cheers might stay up then any ideas on amounts is it a streamer?

Posted

Latest radar shows bands of ppn lining up more east-west in the Thames Estuary, although only light at the moment, some heavier echoes showing over Essex. Looks to be a window of between 3.00 a.m and 9.00 a.m where a Thames streamer could set-up.

If so, imo, favoured areas would be S.E.Essex then W.S.W. into N.W.Kent and perhaps clipping into S.E.London and E.Surrey.

Regards,

Tom.

Yep. the angle of the showers in the S N.Sea is classic TSS setup.

I guess I will be first to see any such occurrence being in Southend. Will stay up a little longer, just incase.

EDIT: Now snowing moderately...Can it be...

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Looks like I won't be using my bike tomorrow..... :D

post-2901-12611018542134_thumb.jpg

Posted

fantastic cheers might stay up then any ideas on amounts is it a streamer?

We have been told up to 15 cm of snow. Not sure about a streamer, but snow will intensify in a few hours time

Posted

Im really new to this but hooked..thats why im up so late!! Really not sure if theres more to come...anyone want to help a damsel in distress???

There is really clever people on here that would probably love to help you,but not knowing you abode its going to be a stab in the dark affair :D

edit Sorry just see your earlier post,nip out for a fag and i miss a page of posts lol

Edited by TN9

Posted

We have been told up to 15 cm of snow. Not sure about a streamer, but snow will intensify in a few hours time

cheers yamkin sounds really promising last time you said that the met office increased there warning to take action about an hour after so looking good

Posted

cheers yamkin sounds really promising last time you said that the met office increased there warning to take action about an hour after so looking good

Even though we have so much settled snow at the moment, it feels like the calm before the storm so to speak.

I'm off to get only a few hours sleep

PS.....It's still snowing here

Edited by yamkin

Posted

well i do feel a little silly that i was expecting everything to be burried like feb 09, mainly because i brought it up in every conversation today! Sounds like a non event for whole of london proper, certainly in my neck of the woods. Meto had code red for london, god bless 'em - they've taken it away now though. Pretty certain everything will be very wet and grey in the morning - better luck next time eh!

I dont know what part of London you are in but where I am the forecasts have been just about spot on. The first wave of heavy snow hit around 9pm last night, eased off after an hour and a half or so, just light snow and gusty winds. Now the 2nd wave is hitting with a vengeance. Near blizzard conditions and heavy horizontal snow. 20 minutes ago I went out and measured level snow depth of 8cms, Im not going out in that again for a while.

BB. NW London

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Where are you?

Just looking at the latest radar, there is some building in the ppn, but whether there is enough convection in the Thames to create a streamer is still questionable. The Wash is looking far more productive right now, and I guess that is going to join the band over Cambs/Herts and move slowly SW over the SE corner tomorrow.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

I'm still hanging in there to see what occurs. Not sure how long i can last. pardon.gif

Wind seems to have really picked up again, coming from a more easterly direction that before.

Gonna give it another 30 mins. Whats happening in Southen, that should give me a clue as to whether its heading my way over to NW Kent.

Posted

I'm still hanging in there to see what occurs. Not sure how long i can last. pardon.gif

Wind seems to have really picked up again, coming from a more easterly direction that before.

Gonna give it another 30 mins. Whats happening in Southen, that should give me a clue as to whether its heading my way over to NW Kent.

Steady stream of light/mod snow showers for last 20 mins or so.

Nothing major though. Perhaps it will pick up shortly. If not im turning in!

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Im in Leighton Buzzard sno problem! Been out makins snow angels etc...but really want to know if more on the way?

Posted

Steady stream of light/mod snow showers for last 20 mins or so.

Nothing major though. Perhaps it will pick up shortly. If not im turning in!

thanks for the update. Feel a little disappointed with the current depth. so fingers crossed it comes off.